main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    I think the WWE takes the easy route out of it due to Hogans Comments.

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Re: Hogan
    He's not the brightest spark is he? Was he done on Tough Enough before this scandal hit? If not has he been cut from that too? I heard he was signed to do Celebrity Big Brother in the UK, I wonder if he'll still be doing that? Endemol don't seem to care about people being bigots as long as nobody complains when they do it on one of their shows, they've also supposedly signed Dapper Laughs, too... Anyway, I doubt he's being permanently Benwaa'd. I expect he'll be rehabilitated before too long, otherwise WWE could find themselves having to apply the same standards across the board. Or maybe it's a plan to oust Vince. I guess it would have to be Steph's plan, what with HHH's Nazi gimmick. ;)

Raw Review:
    Didn't bother. I watched a 6 minute highlight on YT so I'm up to speed, and even that got boring after 2 minutes.

Impact Review:
    A bit of a nosedive in terms of quality this week. A dead crowd yelled 'boooooooring' over all the promos (fair enough), they failed to come alive even for Gail Kim, who managed to do some good broom work with Doll House. I wasn't aware of the Hernandez situation last week. This week however, oof. So much filler, and so little A-list action... I guess the BDC was supposed to feature heavily.

Hernandez, you massive, towering ****. TNA isn't blameless, but I think a lot of people are unfairly using the Hernandez situation as a stick to beat them with.

The worst aspect of the show wasn't the lack of content exactly, it's the hapless commentators. I get that they must have had to hurriedly rerecord the commentary, but they spent most matches discussing other people, and Pope doesn't pick up on Matthew's cues, often completely misunderstanding him and creating awkward breaks in conversation. They were fairly useless in the Spud vs EY chain match. Spud and EY have a history and an interesting story could have been told, had the commentators known anything about the last 18 months or so. They were most useless in the inexplicably rerecorded commentary for the (yawn) King of the Mountain match from Slamiversary. Tennay and Borash could do a much better job, why can't we have them?

3. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'd be good with Bret or Mick as Hogan's repleacement on TE.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Bret or Mick would be good. i'm afraid Flair would either steal the show or cry.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, both would be good. I'd rather have Bret Hart though.

Sting would be good too.

If Heyman were to make a new Dangerous Alliance stable, who would you have in it....

For myself....

Brock, Finn Baylor, Cesaro, Paige, Itami

7. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    there was rumors Sting might wrestle at SummerSlam, keep that in mind, perhaps surprise appearance tomorrow night.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Cena has apparently been very vocal about pushing the younger talent; Vince at war with producers, who feel fans are tired of the "same old" characters being the spot light. Surprise, surprise - disagrees

*sighs*

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I am relieved that I've taken up as a WWE fan in my 30s. I don't know how I survived Mondays in the past without RAW to look forward to.

10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    If I had to build a new Dangerous Alliance I'd choose wrestlers who either can't talk very well or could learn to talk better, and since WWE are so picky these days there are not that many who have that problem... Otherwise I'd use him to rehabilitate guys whose gimmicks or booking has worked against them, like Big Show, Ryback, maybe Kevin Owens, Sheamus, Mark Henry... But IDK if any of those guys need associating with Heyman to sort them out.

Basically he's fine where he is.

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Heyman had Ryback as one of his guys for a New York minute during his feud with Punk. Didn't work out too well.

12. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Nor did Cesaro. They didn't even end their relationship with any drama, just a nod and a shrug, if I recall. Ryback could do with toughening up in general, and making his promos a little less cod Shakespearean EPIC and a lot more grounded in reality. Being billed as a legitimate hard ******* would help, too. Heyman could help with a lot of that, especially the billing and hype...

Why not just stick him in commentary? He could work his magic on everyone. It would have to be better than the crap we listen to now.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    His commentary worked in the InVasion era, because it looked like (and probably was) he and JR absolutely loathed each other.

14. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i don't know why they let managers become extinct. it use to help so many guys get over. Now with so many getting thrown into WWE in their early 20s they need it even more.

15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Vaguely relevant to this thread:

16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Holy ****, Cena's nose. Broken as hell.

That's going to be a problem.

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Nah, this is John Cena. This is the same guy who gets injuries that should have him out for 12+ months but finds a way to be back 3-4 months later. He's not going anywhere, worse case scenario he stops the weekly challenge for 1 week.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Pretty much. Let's face it. If he can come back from major arm surgery after two months, a broken nose isn't going to be much if nothing for Cena.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He's SUPER Cena.

Injuries are nothing to him. Not even a gunshot wound can stop him.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I wouldn't want to go that far.

Have they announced who's going to replace Hogan on TE yet?

21. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Raw review:
    Haha holy ****! Apart from Cena winning that was a really good match. Rollins is doing some crazy stuff, that superplex into a suplex was amazing and should have won it imo.

The Divas matches were Divas matches, though of a somewhat higher quality in patches. The old guard know the camera angles and how to behave according to WWE edicts, but basically can't wrestle very well, while the NXT crew know how to wrestle but have to literally hold the hands of the old guard to show them how to move, which sacrifices their own flow... It's a tricky combination and it doesn't quite work. It seems we're stuck with the Diva branding, which sucks. Charlotte continues to be buried, being denied or contradicted in her promos. I'm holding out for Charlotte vs Paige, that should be a good one.

Other matches happened, as did some other dull crap. Raw would make a good half hour show these days.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I missed most of RAW so I'll hold off on my opinion of most of it, including the Divas matches, but I thought Brie more than held her own in her match against Charlotte last week. Of course it also helped that they wrestled for about 8 minutes, which was far longer than the 2 minute matches the Divas normally get on RAW and SMACKDOWN.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Nobody will take the Divas division seriously until the WWE stops referring to them in such a patronising manner i.e "Divas"

V-2 likes this.
  24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Miz is the new Tough Enough judge. I'm okay with this, given he was part of Tough Enough before.

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.