main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    here comes the inevitible tonight......Cena storming out demanding a rematch, boring us for a 5 minute monologue.

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it's much more likely that we'll get a great 5 minute monologue from Paul Heyman.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    it's a three hour show. we're gonna get both.
    even Heyman's once great promo's have grown stale. "My Client... BROOOOOOOCK LESNAR...."
    repeated 20 times in one segment.....

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It is impossible for Paul Heyman to ever become stale. He will always be great.

5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sting vs. Seth Rollins for WWE WC at Night of Champions.

Holy crap.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This is a good setup for Sheamus, too, much better than last night. Sting is beloved, but he hasn't been heard from in a long time, so making him a champion with any longevity would be weird.

Beat Rollins, take the title and make history, lose it immediately that night when Sheamus cashes in. Rollins keeps the US Belt, Sheamus likely doesn't hold the title longer than Mania, because he's Sheamus.

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Or Cena gets it the next night on RAW.:rolleyes:

*note: I do like Cena, but my feeling with him and the title picture is much like my thoughts with Triple H and any flirting with the title: They don't need it, they've had it too many times, and fans have various points have turned on them, in part, for that (That worked for Hunter since he was a heel for most of his title reigns, but when fans turn on the man you push as your top babyface, in part, because of 'hogging the title'...)

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And due to me missing a chunk of RAW for emergency errands, I missed the Dudleyz returning.:(

12. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    two over the hill guys killing 3 in their prime guys. hopefully it'll last as long as the last New Age Outlaw's comeback

13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Well the dudleys still look tough enough for all 3 of em, so I don't see a problem there.

Just as I hope that Sting wins the belt. Be awesome in my book. He doesn't have to beat Rollins legit, but can have cena come in a cost rollins the belt. Sting can lose it the next night on raw or at the next ppv. Yes old guys should out over the new, but in this way the old guy still looks good and gets to have another epic moment for his fans. Plus sting shouldn't be a jobber.

I hope wwe has plans for course correcting the women's division. They're losing momentum big time. This little faction thing doesn't help, not does bella holding that title.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, but the Dudleyz have been wrestling regularly since leaving the WWE.

15. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i know but they're still taking on 3 guys 15 years younger.

i can't see Sting winning,,, which would then put him 0-2 in his WWE career.

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Found this on WWE's YouTube channel:

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't see what age has to do with it. Look at the dudleys next to every tag team the wwe has, do any really look as tough as the dudleys?

I'm just glad a legitimate tag team is back in the wwe. Don't worry I'm sure the wwe will miss any and all opportunities this might have.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  18. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I went, sat in nosebleeds, can confirm:

--Dudleyz/Sting was awesome, MIND-NUMBINGLY AWESOME

--Heyman is a legend on the mic, had the hair on my arms standing up and the crowd going nuts at his 'Taker challenge (timed with Lesnar ripping off his shirt)

--Bo Dallas is dead

--The Divas need fixed, there's some compelling talent/personalities but they're not coming through like it was. Didn't help that Sasha wasn't involved (and barely was the night before) despite a constant "We want Sasha!" chant the whole fight. Ronda could save this whole enterprise after she retires from MMA though.

...and also that:

--Kevin Owens is wicked good, probably helped that he was in contrast to Big Show/Rusev/Sheamus but his in-ring ability and energy were eye-opening. Cesaro too even looking from outer-space, newfound respect for those guys-- easy to see whey they're fan favs.

--Lana legit speared the **** out of Summer, it was better than the Divas fight

--Dolph Ziggler is the coolest dude of dudes

--Jon Stewart coming out to the Daily Show music was hilarious and I loved it

--During a 2k16 promo they played Stone Cold's music and I squinted my eyes and pretended he was coming out like it was the old school Attitude Era (AND THEN THE DUDLEYZ AND STING MADE THAT LIKE A REAL THING OMG)

Those are my semi-coherent thoughts at 1 in the morning k bye

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  19. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    double-post cause i got excited typing about it [face_blush]

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  21. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    How in the world is an old ass Sting going to challenge Rollins for the belt? I cant believe Sting even picked up that Crappy WWE title belt and did not look down at the great WCW US title. Unless I missed something on the WWE NW.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    As a rule I don't normally read YouTube comments, but the comments on WWE's vid of Lesnar killing Bo Dallas are hilarious.

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I marked out like crazy when the Dudley boys came out!

Seth v Sting = $$$

Apart of me thinks Sting might win, just to get his WWE title to complete the set - even if he only holds it a month. But, I doubt the WWE wants to undermine Seth as a main event star. IMHO, he should hold the title to WM

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Throwback Thursday, curtesy of ROH:

V-2 likes this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Stupid Boards.

Okay, then, here's another TBT of Liger:

26. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  27. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd love to see The Great Muta in NXT for one match. Seems NXT might be building a relationship with NjPW - the official NJPW Twitter account has been giving a lot of attention to NXT

Juliet316 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.