main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Not a bad promo guy though.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I feel Vince and Hunter are building up AJ for a HoF spot in a decades time; building him as this potential GOAT candidate.

Disappointed Sting is not wrestling at 'Mania; kinda feels his introduction will be very low level.

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    he wasn't pushed as hard as Reigns has been, and he'd been around for a lot longer....not to mention a lot better wrestler

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Nakamura is now in the United States.

Kenny Omega is replacing him for the RoH anniversary PPV in Las Vegas.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
  6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

I actually like this idea. Using it as a way for hot indie talents to prove something and the tournament aspect of it would be great too.

Doesn't need to be more than a once year thing though.

Seen one source claim that Ambrose may be added to the Main Event at Mania. Calling BS at the moment, I think WWE is going to stick to their guns on this HHH vs Reigns match. Adding Ambrose will both help and hurt the match. If they pull a fast one and have him pick up the win, then great. He could lose it the next night to a heel turning Reigns. Just think about this though, if WWE adds Ambrose to the match this will be the third time in 2 years they've had add a third man to a Main Event so as not to have it get crapped on by the fans. Though I think fans enjoyed seeing Reigns get beat to death last year.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    IF Ambrose is added to the main event, then it means the Roman project is over. Vince and Hunter have clearly lost faith in him, if another triple threat match is needed. But, yeah, I'm calling BS on this one. Believe it when I see it.

I've also heard that Undertaker might say no to a match with Strowman (which I don't blame him)

8. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Every time WWE/NXT jams another toe into the indie world I feel like the smaller promotions are going to lose out, and I kind of feel that WWE are killing the business when they choose to cover the same territory (artistically speaking) as TNA/RoH etc. On the other hand, maybe an annual unknowns tournament might get some sports entertainment fans interested in pro wrestling, and maybe those fans would follow some of those 'unknown' wrestlers back to LU, RoH, TNA, NJPW, etc.

I was watching a recent OSWR and they pointed out that Japan managed to maintain 4 large wrestling promotions during the 90s, mainly because each promotion offered something different (I think the examples they listed were hardcore, women, big guys, and fast pace). NXT has somewhat pulled the rug out from under TNA and RoH recently - especially in terms of female wrestling, though TNA can still offer blood and piledrivers (through tables on the floor off the ring apron no less) and RoH can still offer fast-forward level high pace. Just let them keep that, at least, WWE. Steal the X-Divison, steal the unknowns tournament for the contract, but please leave us something!

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Really looking forward to the ROH/NJPW and Lucha Undergound shows during Wrestlemania weekend. So jealous :(

btw, DarthMane2, did you hear Lucha Underground laughed off TNA's offer to do a joint show at WM weekend? Their officials pointed out TNA management clearly knew nothing about Lucha style and their show, just wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Dixie gets more pathetic by the week.

Wise move. ROH was smart enough to ditch working with them two years ago and look at them now - their top talent gets booked in Japan. ROH is no.2 to the WWE in the US, with Lucha no.3.

10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Yep. Would love to know what WWE was offering. Glad LU turned them both down.

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Axl Rotten passed away.

RIP

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Damn.

If the reports are to be believed, Blackjack Mulligan isn't far behind (especially since his grandsons were at the hospital with him and not at RAW).

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    On a happier note, I found this new Solomonster interview:

DanielUK likes this.
  14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I remember when Solomonster called me an idiot on Twitter.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Shibata has given an interesting interview about Nakamura leaving NJPW. According to him, Nakamura and KENTA do not get along so NXT is going to become fascinating. Shibata didn't explain why there is heat between the two, but implied (according to the translation) it borderlines on hatred. I know Nakamura was once at NOAH, but I do not recall him ever being with KENTA in the ring.

Juliet316 and DarthMane2 like this.
  16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  17. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Not surprised. The mentality is changing in WWE.

Why makes stars when you can just buy them!?!

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Agreed.
    Their partnership with EVOLVE means NXT is not a developmental program any more. It's more or less a 'junior' division; no need to make talent when there is so much wrestling on TV and online, that your fans are already familiar with outside stars. Just buy them instead of creating your own.

[EDIT]

Cena might be back in time for Mania.

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Yay!!!

Nakamura finally on an episode

AJ vs Ibushi next week

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    JFC, I knew I forgot something.:oops:

Thank goodness for replays later tonight.

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    You guys and AXIS TV...

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    5* match heaven. One of the best wrestling matches you'll ever see; both of them work in the MMA style really well, something the WWE struggles to understand and accomplish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.