main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i was just reading last night that bryan wanted to retire and possibly go elsewhere but wwe wouldn't let him, so i am wondering too if this is a work or not.

this really...ugh vince and hhh are probably sitting back 'see we're right ,we need some more roman reigns types, big guys with the right look'

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Jesus man, I doubt Vince would be happy to see a wrestle with brain damage. Not everything in this world is a conspiracy; HHH changed his entire recruitment policy because of what Daniel Bryan did.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    no i'm wondering which it is. either they won't let him back because he's really injured, or is it just a work?
    although since he's going on espn i'm leaning toward it not being that

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    As I said, WOR are reporting it was his decision - Bryan might have brain damage.

5. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Not to mention that concussions/head injuries are not regulated to just "small guys." Undertaker got one during his match with Lesnar, and he is by no means a small guy. This is WWE taking care of the wrestlers. You can question the motive as to why they take care of them, but you can't question that they are taking care of them regardless now.

If this is a work, they are doing a good job selling it. But yeah, I'm thinking it isn't as well.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    ESPN have mentioned they'll be interview Bryan after RAW. Can't see Vince tricking them into reporting on false news. Just watched his WrestleMania 30 match again...*sighs*

[​IMG]

Him and Punk were the reasons I returned to the WWE in early 2011.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I didn't even get a chance to see him in action and now he's leaving *sigh.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I keep telling myself this is a work...

[edit]

From reddit:

Dave Meltzer-
    Observer breaking audio. He had new expansive tests done in NY days before the Rumble, looking at the full brain in detail, every part. Doctors that cleared him pretty clearly didn't, results were really bad, enough that Bryan made the decision himself.

9. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Really be nice if it was. It would be a perfect return for him, and could inject him right into a main event storyline.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh man, Cody Rhodes tweeted

"Some dragons are real...."

oh, the feels :'(

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I don't understand why some people are saying this is WWE's fault. Isn't it Daniels decision to retire?

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It is.

CNN are reporting it now, so I'm guessing this is not a work.

13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Reigns might as well just not show up tonite.

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Suplex City is the only safe place for Roman Reigns tonight.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

He'll be eaten alive. The poor guy is already being blamed on Twitter *shakes head*

ESPN have added me. Coach tweeted this isn't a work and the station is not helping the WWE with a storyline. It's real.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

This I believe. Not because it is Meltzer, but because it sounds legit.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    More words coming out about why Bryan kept saying he was 'cleared' and back in training - apparently, he was struggling to come to terms with it and the WWE allowed him time to understand the severity of the situation.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    When that chant gets going tonight, I'd imagine it's going to get pretty dusty in my house.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That was a very classy, energetic sending-off. Nothing really epic like when Undertaker came out and tipped his cap to HBK at his retirement, but a very fan-centered and appreciative celebration. I think Brie may get one more title run, and she may hang it up soon, too.

Best of luck to their family!

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Couldn't bring myself to watch RAW....lame as it sounds. The news really did upset me that much.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Didn't watch his speech. Don't plan to. Don't think I could handle it.

They kept reigns in the most limited role possible which was smart. Bad thing is this matches story is mostly all Ambrose and Lesnar.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Didn't watch his speech. Don't plan to. Don't think I could handle it.

They kept reigns in the most limited role possible which was smart. Bad thing is this matches story is mostly all Ambrose and Lesnar.

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I watched the first 10 minutes and the last 20 minutes of Raw, only because of this Bryan business. So, so sad. Hard to believe that such a young man who can work the crowd so masterfully has a damaged brain.

I really hope something like this can shock the wider industry into a mindset of safer working and protecting wrestlers. RoH I'm mainly looking at you.

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think one thing to take out of this is to be thankful that DB, most likely with a good bit of prodding from Brie, kept seeing different MDs to get lots of opinions.

Had the WWE cleared him and he not seen that doc who did the full brain scan, could have been really tragic.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    From my understanding, a few more matches might have caused CTE and that could've (mostly likely) destroyed his life. I still cannot bring myself to watch his retirement speech; I think it will honestly reduce me to tears.

Vince was in tears at one point and it's absurd to suggest it was acting.

26. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Exactly. Whether the WWE will openly admit that or not, they don't want to foster a situation that inadvertently creates another Christ Benoit tragedy. (FU Nancy Grace for harping on Sterioids!)

DanielUK - if you get a chance to watch at least the Charlotte vs Alicia Fox match, there were 'we want Sasha' chants from the crowd. Charlotte played to it, being the good heel she's becoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.