main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    She was also on the Stone Cold season of Tough Enough with this memorable exchange:

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    3 matches booked for the Hawaii Show. IF you have a bad heart, take your pill now....

Charlotte vs Asuka

Lesnar vs Owens

John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura

[​IMG]

I'd bet Cena requested that match.

Juliet316 and WookatMe like this.
  3. Brando_Calrissian

Brando_Calrissian Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2015
    TNA had potential and still could have potential. They did really well in their early years and even on Spike. However when they started to try to be another WWE, That's when they started to fail. Also Dixie Carter has been an issue too. She has burned bridges with Spike TV and now even Destination America. Hopefully she doesn't do it again with POPTV. Hopefully they can rebuild their brand and once again grow as a company however it's doubtful at this point. As long as they're on tv that helps them to an extent.

4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Great there on a station I don't get.

5. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Bash at the Beach will be a Network Special on June 29.

So we will be able to watch all that Glory!!!

6. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Charlotte v Asuka is interesting. The risk is exposing Charlotte, I guess. As long as it's booked NXT style it should be the best of the bunch.
    Lesnar v Owens... I know the fans have been asking for it but... I doubt this is going to be match of the year. An uncomplimentary match of body types and gimmicks, imo. Hopefully it's a 5 minute squash and Owens doesn't act up with his no-selling and lack of situational awareness. WWE need to think of something for Lesnar to do, instead of squashing up-comers/mid-carders like Owens, Ambrose, Sheamus and Kofi. Chasing the title might be a good idea (see Lashley in TNA).
    Cena v Nakamura - I want to **** on this but there's a good chance it could be amazing as long as Super Cena doesn't win.

Are there any stories behind these matches?

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    might be leading up to the event.

Doesn't really matter. The matches sell themselves.

8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Right, so historically I've never been into wrestling but I enjoyed WM32 and I've watched a few classic matches on the WWE Network on elsewhere since then. I've just watched my first ever Monday Night RAW (9/5/16) and I've a few thoughts.
    1. Fair play to Chris Jericho, he pulls off Dad bod really well.
    2. Baron Corbin really should shave his head. Lank long hair with that widows peak? What are you doing, man?
    3. Goldust is still wrestling?!
    4. Paige [face_love]. Be still my beating heart.
    5. Charlotte really needs to ditch her Dad. I know that's the narrative that he's there and holding her back, but damn it's annoying.
    6. The Miz. Does anyone like The Miz? I don't think I've seen someone with that punchable face since Tyler Breeze 20 minutes earlier.
    7. Becky Lynch [face_love]. Be still my beating heart.
    8. I know this has been asked by everyone and anyone who's into wrestling, but why is Roman Reigns being pushed as a face?
    9 Why does Kevin Owens always look like he's about to cry, like the fat kid at school who's getting bullied by the bigger boys?
    10. Finally, back to Chris Jericho:

Now going to watch Smackdown and see if that's as bafflingly insane and enjoyable as Raw was.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  9. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Hear ****ing hear re: dad bod Jericho and widows peak Corbin.

Maybe 1 or two years ago I felt exactly the same way about The Miz. But then I realised... Aside from Steph, he's WWE's top heel. Everyone hates him. Marks, smarks, smartarses, casuals, everyone. The guy earns his salary generating all this hate, and for that I respect him.

I actually know someone who fancies the pants off him (and semi-jokingly claims he's the father of her son, who I SWEAR is his spitting image -- and the tour dates match up to his age+9 months -- and she describes herself as a bit of a rat). And by GAWD this kid's got some moves on the trampoline.

10. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

Oh I'm sure the Miz is perfect as a hateable person, he's perfect for that, but I like a heel you can love to hate. The Miz just makes my skin crawl.

Juliet316 likes this.
  11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Any predictions for Extreme Rules, now the card seems set?

1. Dolph Ziggler vs Baron Corbin
    Prediction: Corbin wins.

2. The New Day vs The Vaudevillains
    Prediction: The Vaudevillains win.

3. Kalisto vs Rusev
    Prediction: Rusev wins.

4. Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho
    Ambrose wins.

5. Charlotte vs Natalya
    Prediction: Natalya wins.

6. The Miz vs Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn vs Cesaro
    Prediction: Sami Zayn wins.

7. Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles
    Prediction: Reigns wins.

Safe as all hell, but with the likes of Rollins, Cena, Wyatt and Orton back soon I can't see them upsetting the apple cart too much.

12. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I predict it will be ****. And by that I do not mean it will be four stars.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Charlotte is going to win I think. She's going to hold it till Summerslam, where she'll lose it to Banks.

Word is that those in Japan are not super thrilled about the WWE cards. Both shows still sold out, but there is disappointment that Nakamura isn't in a bigger match. Also Triple Threats are not looked on fondly in Japan, and both nights end with a TT.

I say keep the day one card the same, and just end the second night with a 6 man tag Main Event. Japan loves 6 man tags, New Japan, especially.

Cena, Nakamura, and Reigns vs AJ, Gallows, and Anderson or Cena, Nakamura, and Reigns vs AJ, Wyatt(or Owens), and HHH

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    My rationale for Charlotte losing was that her father would cost her the title, causing her to go her own way. I hadn't considered she could do that with him not involved in the match, with her being confident enough of her own abilities to push him away.

It's a shame Nakamura hasn't been involved in Raw or Smackdown if for no other reason than he has the best entrance music around at the moment.

16. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    It's being reported Cody Rhodes has asked for his release.

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    That's a bit surprising. I mean he hasn't been pushed in a while but he is still young and I figured his time would come.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Creatively speaking, he was going nowhere in WWE so good on him.

19. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    It's a shame. More wasted potential.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

20. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Some interesting posts on the Seth Rollins Facebook page today. Could we see his return tonight?

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Overall a good PPV. The only real stinkers were the asylum match and the end of Charlotte vs Natalya. Looking forward to seeing Raw tomorrow.

22. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I heard the IC match was particularly good. I might check it out at some point, but I have a TNA One Night Only to watch which takes precedence.

TNA has been pretty good recently by the way. Jeff Hardy was attacked by multiple fake Willows so we got loads of sub Ultimate Warrior level promos before learning that the head fake Willow (I think they're calling them Shadow Willows) is Matt Hardy, who has dyed a white streak in his hair and gone all out Troma vampire. It sounds awful, which on many levels it is, but somehow it's fantastic. I think the Hardys are recycling a load of their backyard wrestling plots before Matt retires.

The last episode had a lumberjack match! It's been a while since I saw one of them. Can you guess how it ended? :D

23. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    The IC match was incredible, well worth a watch.

WookatMe likes this.
  24. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I just want to take a moment to say how great it is to see Seth Rollins back on Raw.

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Went to the PPV in Newark. $105 seat. Decent view, comfortable seat. Good show. Hot crowd (so much better then the Southern, trained seal, clap 4 every face, boo every heal crowds). Great ending by SR.

JediMaster1511 and WookatMe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.