main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

That's interesting, to me it seemed that the crowd died after the IC match, with the exception of some spots during the AJ/Reigns match and Rollins' return.

2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    U didn't hear us when DA used the thumbtacks? Also WWE must of been using there audio tricks because RR was getting booed 2 hell.

3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I notice WWE and TNA 'sweetening' their audio all the time. WWE do it for their most hated faces to lower the boo to cheer ratio, TNA tend to do it to make the crowd seem alive during the end of their long recordings.The worst I've seen/heard is on the NGW stuff on British Wrestling Roundup where they loop constant screaming over the top of everything, all the time. Very tiring.

4. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    The heel heat RR was getting was WORSE then wut JC ever got in Newark, according to my ears.

5. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i tuned in since Seth was back , hoping to see him as a tweener or a babyface only to see the same old heel promo so they can keep trying to get ol' zero charisma over. Then Shane-O-Clown appeared and it was time for me to change the channel again.

V-2 likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Was anybody else uncomfortable watching Charlotte rip apart her father in her promo last night?

7. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i saw they were doing that and i tried to watch but the idiot fans interrupting chanting What led me to change the channel again.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It was pretty brutal

9. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Want to stop the Whaaat chants? Say huh after what. That way your ribing the ribers who rib the promo.

10. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i keep waiting for a wrestler to just say okay entertain yourselves and walk out of the ring.
    i just looked it up and skimmed through it. she even sang that dumb song at the end. glad i didn't endur that
    is there a family relationship wwe hasn't broken up? seriously original.

11. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

The thumbtacks got a pop, but the Reigns stuff got shut down pretty quick.

The Flair stuff last night was just awkward. And Charlotte really can't sing.

12. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Glad I missed her singing!!!!

13. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    What next for Ric? How do you all rate him as a manager?

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

Based on last night I'd say his next port of call is rehab.

15. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    probably show up to help one of her opponents. i was sorry to see Nattie lose, i'm guessing that's her last chance at a title run.

16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Mike Johnson is saying Ric's still under contract but WWE have no plans for him, which sucks.

17. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Flair is Flair. Don't need a plan 4 him. Just let him strut around the ring!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

V-2 likes this.
  18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I was away earlier in the week, but it was great to see Rollins back. Then it was equally awful to see Vince whiff on the chance to bring him back as a face, opting instead for more desperate attempts to make people like RR.

Even bringing AJ Styles, currently the most popular guy on the roster, out to basically tell the crowd to like RR.

Cena back Monday. WOO

19. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Starting July 19, Smackdown will be broadcasted live. Not really anything news other than it's happening. Unless they decide to invest more into it.

EDIT: It's the rumored brand split happening, so maybe some good things.

20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    How will this affect the titles? At the moment feuds can play out between the two shows. Are titles going to be exclusive to either Raw or Smackdown so that feuds can play out until the next PPV? A split roster surely limits the range of what can happen. I just hope they don't split Zayn and Owens because that's the best thing in the WWE for me at the moment.

21. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    They are planning to split the world title according to rumors, no word on the U.S./IC Championships. Vince also wants to really kick in the talent poaching they have been doing

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I see some positives and negatives. 5 hours of Wrestling over two nights is way to much. However, I'm hoping the presentation of Smackdown is more Wrestling show as opposed to Entertainment show like Raw.

This could be why the head writer of NXT was called up for Smackdown. Whoever he is, he's got an old school way of booking Wrestling.

Also, I'm feeling with the brand split the AJ Styles title reign is a lot closer than originally anticipated.

23. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    How the hell is Raw an entertainment show?

24. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

The degree of success is debatable, but I felt calling it an entertainment show would distinguish it from a Wrestling show.

Raw is not a Wrestling show. It has wrestling on it, but in no way does it resemble what a Wrestling show is supposed to be.

25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Endurance show might be more apt, like Norwegian Sakte-TV or something...

It is a wrestling show, it's just terrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.