main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    http://wrestlingnews.co/tna-wrestling-has-a-new-minority-owner/

Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins is now officially a minority owner of TNA. In the long term not sure what this means, but in the short term this is good news for the current ownership team as they still get to keep the company for the time being.

V-2 likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I didn't know they'd reached out to Challenge. I doubt that could have gone well... Challenge don't commission much original programming and when they do it's low budget game shows, or low budget review shows. They have been promoting the **** out of Slamiversary this year though, so it looks like they're happy with their relationship with TNA.

Corgan to the rescue! Sounds like he's bailed Dixie out of a spot of debt in return for more fawning gratitude and maybe a bit more control. I really don't know what he does at TNA other than his on camera stuff, but as long as he doesn't feel exploited then good for him I guess..?

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
  4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Chris Warren, who sang the DX theme song, died.

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm just facepalming over here.

Also in the 'you can't make this stuff up department:

Also Royal Rumble will be in LA next year.

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Reports are saying WWE has been contacting a ton of former talent to fill out the roster for the brand split. MVP, Carlito, and Stevie Richards are some of the names known to have been contacted. Some of the rumored names include Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy.

With Tajiri and Brian Kendrick participating in the CWC, they are also rumored to be brought back in some capacity as well.

8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    MITB

AJ vs Cena

Rollins vs Reigns

Snow vs Bolton

sounds like 4 good matches tonight.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice technical wrestling from Enzo and Kofi. Solid match to start.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    AMBROSE!!!!!

Makes up for the troll Cena/Styles match.

EDIT - OMG YES!!!!

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    WWE RAW/Smackdown Draft will be held on Tuesday, July 19th from 8PM-10PM on the first live episode of the new Smackdown.

As for last night..Vince had to do something with the ratings tanking, a 2.0 last Monday for RAW. Last night made a whole lot of people really happy, I would imagine.

WookatMe likes this.
  12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Didn't expect that booking last night.

For once, the WWE has truly surprised me.

WookatMe likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Also:

Anyone who chants "you can't wrestle" at Cena should be forced to watch AJ Styles v Cena 5 times in a row. It was insane.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I am all about taunting and having fun, but I hate the "You can't wrestle" chant. To me, it is just disrespectful and goes beyond just fun jeering.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    My friend is a huge Seth Rollins fanboy an he is so angry right now.

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    "You still suck" is up there too. So ****ing mean.

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nothing beats the chants that Cena got during the ECW PPV, ten years ago.

V-2 likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    HOLY ****!

Reigns suspend for wellness policy violations. 30 days.

19. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I wonder if the Sheild triple threat is still on? It seems he will be back in time for Battleground but they're gonna have a tough time developing it without him.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He comes back the day before Battleground. I'm not sure if Roman will be in the match, though.

ESPN Mexico were hinting WWE had concerns all the way back in February (didn't fail a test). I'm guessing this positive test is related to a "life style choice", instead of steroids or performance enhancing drugs. That's my opinion.

FOX Sports are all over this and talking about WWE history with drugs. Yeah, Roman won't be in the main event for a while....

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Highly doubt it - will likely just be Rollins vs. Ambrose. Vince needs to be very careful when and how he brings Roman back - those PPV crowds are relentless, and they would savage him.

The real issue here is going to be the Draft, and how they handle him. Roman could have seriously screwed himself here - bad time to get suspended, especially with Balor coming up soon to occupy another high-profile slot. Orton is on the schedule for August, so he's back soon, too. Could come back to a much more crowded WWE than the one he left.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting you mention the draft, Roman will be suspended when it happens.

Nobody, in his position, has ever failed the policy test. Orton was never pushed as the guy - Vince has had Roman all over chat shows in the US.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Roman's time as "the guy" has seen record-low ratings for RAW, though. The decision to put Dean in the title spot had to have been a direct response to RAW dropping to a 2.0 on June 13. Even as the Cena and AJ feud burns white hot, there has been a trending huge drop-off from the 2nd to 3rd hour, which is when Reigns usually was fighting.

There's one thing that motivates Vince McMahon, as we all know. :p

While this isn't world-breaking, and Roman is still likely to have a great and long career, it's certainly likely to change things in the immediate future.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Be interesting what does happen, though.

Who replaces him? the shield triple threat , for the WWE title, is what everyone wanted to see.

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i guess other people aren't watching either. hey bring on more dancing shane. that works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.