main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Not surprised. Orton is really the latest WWE guy Lesnar needs to face.

Don't think they'll do Brock v AJ or Nakamura. If he wins his UFC bout, he might return to MMA.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Doesn't seem like it as apparently the Canadian version of Smackdown didn't have the annoucement of the match.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  4. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Chris Jericho announces he is staying on through the rest of the year. This is excellent news(especially for me) since he's been so on for most of the year and has provided some of his best material. I would love to see him as an "inaugural" World Champ for the brand split and have him pass it off to one of the New Era talents to put him over. Be a great way to give immediate credibility to both a new World Title and a up and coming star later on.

Juliet316 and WookatMe like this.
  5. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    C'mon baby!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Glad he's staying.

7. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm happy that you guys have something to be positive about in WWE, I guess. ;)

8. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    WWE writers clinking champagne after that Brock fight lol

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    If anyone should be the inaugural Smackdown champ post-Brand Split, it should be either AJ or Kevin Owens imo.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it will be AJ; he'll run as a heel champ for a few weeks or so.

11. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Brock was dominant. That one takedown hurt me just watching it.

The advertising of Summerslam and the WWE video game must have been part of the deal. Weird/rude that WWE apparently didn't reciprocate by promoting UFC200 (that's what I read/heard, I've not been watching WWE to confirm it).

Why are Randy and Lesnar fighting, anyway? Just because?

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They didn't advertise it on RAW and Smackdown. Just that he'll be wrestling at Summerslam.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003

WWE is trying to book something like a legit fight, just as a company like UFC would. I'd almost expect this entire feud to be very UFC like. Don't think they'll go as far as doing something stupid like a weight in, but they may do some interviews like the UFC would.

This is after all the first time both have met.(I think)

Orton will be booked as a legit contender, and the match will probably be the most pushed thing for the event.

If it were me, I get that belt off Ambrose, and put in on Brock the night after Battleground. Plus, with Brock as champ for the Raw brand Vince hand get his Reigns vs Lesnar 2. Have Orton vs Brock for the title. You can do so so much with Brock as champ, because he's so legit. IT's not about storylines. It's about, "Can I beat this ****er?"

Brock is about the biggest star WWE has now. If he wasn't already.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

They apparently showed the Brock/Hunt weigh - in on the WWE website.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  15. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd tune in for Brock, no doubt about that. I'm not too excited about Orton though... The kids will love it, and Orton is something of a draw, obviously, but I don't see them doing anything spectacular together. That said, I think I felt that way before Brock vs Cena, and that was all kinds of awesome.

Now, Lesnar vs Nakamura on the other hand... I think those two could do some amazing work together. Or Lesnar vs Joe, Jesus can you imagine that one? They could have an epic match with only their rest holds. Rollins is the one that makes sense, I think they should at least be addressing that bit of unfinished business and be working towards restarting the feud.

I just watched Impact, by the way. Oh my gosh the Hardy feud is amazing. I mean it's awful, but it will entertain you somehow. There's a director's cut on youtube (and at least two volumes of Botchamania dedicated to it so far). It's all just the most Hardy thing ever. Had me laughing hard, anyway.

How generous of them!

DarthMane2 and Juliet316 like this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Lesnar vs Joe. Take my money now please.

Amanda Nunes submitted Misha Tate at the 3:16 mark last night. The Austin fangirl in me loves that.:)

V-2 likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    That Ambrose promo...

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Oh lord no! That's the last thing that I want to see.

19. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Orton has no chance against Lesnar, this is one of the most lopsided matches of recent times. The best thing they could do for this is to have the winner face the winner of the triple threat for the championship at Clash of Champions.

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt are having a little twitter war. It's quite entertaining, because they are doing it in character.

V-2 likes this.
  21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There is word AJ Styles or Rollins could take Roman's spot after failed drug test.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Cena did about 1000% better than I thought he would with that opening monalogue at the ESPYs.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I can't wait to see how WWE is going to handle Lesnar failing the USADA drug test. This does not like it will end well for them.

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    they actually posted it on their facebook page surprisingly quick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.