main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I was talking to a buddy earlier - I think that if Smackdown doesn't hit certain benchmarks early on, the NXT dump will happen, with Nakamura and/or Joe to Smackdown. Nikki and Tamina make sense for Tuesdays when they get back, too. Becky doesn't have the personality to be the alpha dog, Nikki does, and I imagine she and Charlotte will be the two headliners. Sasha would have made sense for Smackdown to fill that role right away, that was another baffling whiff.

I would imagine Bayley would follow Balor to Raw as NXT's most valuable current asset, but Asuka or Peyton could go to Smackdown. As for the tag teams, that's the really weak spot - think we'll see The Revival up pretty soon, maybe Blake and Murphy too.

There's also a sharp imbalance in the Women's groups - too many heels on Smackdown, too many faces on Raw.

Cena and Orton give Smackdown credibility, and can hold it up, merchandise-wide. They'll put the butts in the seats - but god forbid, one of them goes down with a lengthy injury - neither is considered "young" anymore. AJ is still very weak on the mic at this level, and Dean has appeal, but isn't the guy who can carry a show.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i find this completely dumb. smackdown originally came about because they got it on UPN 'regular tv'. having it now on USA on back to back days with RAW, 5 hours a week is too much. and splitting the roster...just whatever wwe. i mean it would be one thing if they had a show on the weekends, like Superstars use to be, and they showcased the younger talent on that for an hour.

V-2 likes this.
  3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree this is the most dumb thing they've done since the last time they did this!

Btw, AJ can talk just fine. Maybe he struggles with the scripts, IDK as I don't watch WWE, but he's got the gift of the gab in every other promotion he's been in.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    He struggles. I don't know why, either. He's seemed to have done better with Doc/Anderson up there with him, but in contrast with the Cenas, Rollins, even guys like Owens - he's not up to snuff yet in the WWE.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Interesting Roman was in Round 2.

Guess he's no longer "The Guy" anymore. Surprised Balor is the no.2 guy on RAW - will he become the no.1 heel on RAW? Also, I think Rollins will now be pushed as the face of the WWE after Roman's failed drug test; lots of dirt sheet talks about Vince being REALLY pissed at him.

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Balor would be #1 face? Rollins #1 heel.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

As things currently stand.

8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    still waiting for Rollins to be pushed as a cool babyface.....

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Via WrestlingObserver.com, it seems like Cory Graves is getting called up to commentate RAW alongside Cole and Saxton. JBL is moving to SMACKDOWN to be paired with Ranallo and David Otunga. Lawler is on the outside looking in.

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I still think I'd prefer Lawler over JBL or Saxton, which isn't saying much.

V-2 likes this.
  11. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    He might be a creepy old man but he's been known to call a decent match from time to time.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    He should be in prison.

13. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    So Heyman was not mentioned during the draft because his contract with WWE has expired, and this has led to the rumor that he may not renew it :/

Also, Rhyno and Curt Hawkins have been re-signed to main roster deals and word is Smackdown is their destination, according to PWInsider.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=103520

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Heyman bet the house on Brock and UFC - which went well. Until the two failed drug tests.

Not surprised Curt Hawkins is coming back. In all his shoot interviews, didn't mention names or bury the boys in the locker room. Rhyno? hmmm.

15. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Still sucks if he doesn't come back though, given how it seems that Brock isn't going anywhere.

Rhyno has been working NXT shows for the past year, so him coming back isn't a surprise really, although last I heard he was running for an office in Michigan, so I don't know how all that factors in or if it's even still a thing.

Hawkins coming back was a bit of a head turner until I thought about it and realized that the tag team division is now really shallow, and Zack Ryder is on Smackdown, so maybe they put them back together? Unless they do the Hype Bros on the main roster(please no) in which case who would they pair Hawkins with? If that is their intention.

16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Potentially some huge news for tonight.

PWInsider reporting that..

Bayley is joining Sasha Banks tonight vs. Charlotte and Dana Brooke, her official move to the main roster.

Lots of people put off by that absence in the draft will be very happy tonight (me among them!).

18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I do think Balor is going to get a big push to the top. And I'll admit he's got a good 50/50 chance of being the next big thing, which is a lot better than most of the roster gets.

He's got the look. He's very good in the ring. Decent on the mic. And will no doubt be a merch juggernaut.

That being said, I'm questing if he'll be a face, because I think they are going to go heavy in trying to turn the BALOR CLUB into a thing.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Suspect The Club will lose tonight, AJ will walk away (off to Smackdown!) and Balor will take over; he'll claim all their losses was due to weak leadership. Karl and Luke to take the tag team belt at SummerSlam.

Balor will be pushed to the moon. IC or US title will be his within a few weeks.

Also, I think Rollins is winning. Obvious the belt is heading to RAW (two of the three were RAW picks); Dean to fall to upper mid card on Smackdown, sadly. AJ and Cena will be the main guys, with Orton having some feud with Styles. *IF* SmackDown! gets its own championship, AJ Styles is my pick to win that tournament.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Rollins gets the title in a rematch at Summerslam, Dean holds tonight. Can't cut Smackdown off at the knees before the first live show.

21. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    This week's TNA was awesome by the way. It's the Bound For Glory Playoffs!

Playoffs?

Playoffs!

There's a ****ed up segment one which was a lot of promos dealing with the main plot lines. The final deletion continues (and sees Jeff being a slave to the main heel again), meanwhile Drew and EC3 still hate each other for being each other's best friend, or something, and don't forget Mike Bennett and MOOSE! (who want to destroy TNA because reasons), but after all that, there's awesome match after awesome match. The plots are all fun right now, don't get me wrong... The Hardy's stuff is total bat**** but it's entertaining as hell, and the rest do all make some sort of sense, even if some of it is a bit Memphis.

No Denim Jeff spotted yet, by the way.

Main event was title vs title, Lashley (whc) vs Eddie Edwards (x-division) in a cage. Those two can both go, and this was a damn good cage match imo. No spoilers, just in case you decide to watch, which I really urge you all to do.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    KO/Zayn match of the year candidate. Unbelievable.

WookatMe likes this.
  23. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    They always bring it. I could watch them wrestle every ppv and never tire of it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Enzo absolutely slaying it on the mic tonight.

WookatMe likes this.
  25. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    There's some haters....there's some haters.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

heels1785 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.