main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    AJ getting the "soccer mom" chant over his haircut.

Orton's back! Finally!

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Randy Orton with the sick burn on Brock, but talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Battleground was awesome, only a couple of duff moments for me (the IC match and the Highlight Reel). Other than that it was cracking. MOTY candidate with Zayn and Owens, Enzo killing it, Ambrose retaining and Bayley coming up.

Did anyone else think Reigns had put on weight? Looked really cumbersome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Uso's faces, when they had to lift Ambrose into the air :p lol

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Haha. It was a funny night for reactions. Loved Sasha being unable to hold back her big smile when Bayley came out, and then Jericho completely breaking character when Orton dropped the PED line about Brock (holding back a laugh, telling Orton "I think you're going to end up paying for that one" and Orton mouthing back "I think you're right").

Lots of people just seemed really happy - except the Usos, I guess. :p

It was definitely up there for one of the 2-3 best PPVs of the year, easily enough. Zayn/Owens is my leader for fight of the year, barely beating out Ambrose/HHH from Roadblock.

Edit - and also: "Never make eye contact with anyone while eating a banana." -Enzo Amore

BALOR debut tonight! (fingers crossed)

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Zayn v Owens is the best WWE match since Punk v Cena MITB 2011. That brain buster on the apron though....Cole's reaction was priceless; he was genuinely shocked. It will be a crime, if that match doesn't get 5 stars. Never, ever seen a WWE crowd stand up and applaud during a match - it was like watching a NJPW match. Whoever was the agent for it, isn't being paid enough by Vince.

Seriously. A masterpiece.

Enzo & Cass + Cena v The Club probably the best booked 6 man tag since The Shield days. Everyone came out looking strong, which is very rare for a six man tag match. I agree with heels1785, this one of the best PPV's this year and probably in the last five years, too.

7. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I would say the two dud matches were duds because of sloppy booking, not the talents fault. Poor build up for Natty and Becky and that disaster of an ending for the IC match.
    That belt comes off almost as worthless as the seldom defended tag team titles.
    Speaking of the tag team champions, doesn't it seem like the New Day/Wyatt feud picked up a ton of steam last night. The story telling in the match was great. Shame it's over now with the split. It could have gone on a couple more months after the momentum they gained last night.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I have no idea what happened with the IC match. The ending looked botched to me.

9. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    When Old Man Backlund is involved, it will usually be botched. ::Kurt Angle face::

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, it was pretty terrible. Miz is good in short spurts, as is Rusev - but hopefully both shows flip that title pretty soon, and have a defense at SummerSlam.

The New Day/Wyatt match was tough to get excited for, because it has no future at all. Also, there was a great deal of concern about Big E when he landed on his neck awkwardly near the end of the match.

11. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I told my friend this would be the most meaningless ppv we will watch in years, because of the dead end storylines. Still enjoyed the show though.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Del Rio is reportedly leaving WWE (again)

V-2 likes this.
  13. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Say whaaaaaaaaaat?

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

Probably for the best.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

He's unhappy and Hunter blocked his push.

16. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

Exactly. From what I can gather he was a lot happier out of the WWE and seems to have gone back to the same situation he was in before left a couple of years ago.

Paige'll be devastated...

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Apparently they've broken up.

Del Rio more or less admitted he only went back for the money because AAA weren't paying him properly/or enough.

18. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    I think The Shield will reunite at some point, but with a new name/gimmick.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The Shield v The Club. Guaranteed.

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    How long has it been since The Shield broke up? Did they ever formally split or did Seth just leave? Ambrose and Reigns could protect each other's shortcomings in a tag team, but they're horribly exposed in singles matches imo.

Have they turned Roman yet? Could Ambrose ever be a heel now?

21. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

I think The Shield just kind of fizzled out after Seth's turn. I thought that we'd see Reigns and Ambrose teaming up last night, but instead we got Ambrose and Rollins combining to put Reigns through the Spanish announcers table. Can't see Ambrose and Reigns being buddies now.

Roman is still face for now. If Rollins gets backlash from Steph for not bringing the title to Raw I can see him going face at Summer Slam.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh, I agree. Rollins as the no.1 face on RAW is money, with Balor as the heel backed up with The Club.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  23. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    I don't see them turning Balor heel, at least not for a long while. But I hope I'm wrong.

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Watched Sami v Kevin again. It has to be five stars from Meltzer, best WWE match in years.

25. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Doesn't surprise. He's much better off outside. Del Rio's work inside and outside WWE is like Night and Day.

V-2 likes this.
  26. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I just watched the KO/Zayn Battleground match to see what the fuss was about...

KO is still very sloppy, nervous, and still makes no attempt to hide his leg slapping when he delivers kicks, constantly turns his back on his opponent, etc, while SZ is overselling, overacting, beckoning to the cheap seats like an am-dram ham. KO isn't there when SZ delivers the springboard whatever-that-was to the outside and runs underneath to catch it far too late, making it look like a botch, but then the injured arm is the story of the match. Confused as to what I'm supposed to think, is it a worked botch or a botched work or some sort of inverse botched worked botch, or was it a botch incorporated into the match? Failed finishers galore. SZ forgets his injured arm for the unrealistic simul-punching and Hulks up at the end. Not impressed.

I mean, it was okay. A WWE sanitised version of RoH's high-spot-heavy/light-on-realism style, I guess. I'm not invested in the story line and I don't rate either wrestler very highly, so maybe you need to be endeared to them to get a five star buzz from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.