main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Not the planned one either, Lesnar legit busted Orton over, and it looks to me like Brock did it on purpose.That's how I was taught to throw an elbow to bust open someone and make them pass out from rapid blood loss.

This seems to be a consistent thing with him hurting guys, I'm beginning to wonder if he does this because he doesn't like the finishes(i.e. he's supposed to put someone over and decides "nah") and decides to just hurt people to get his way.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think he did it on purpose, too. I hope he didn't, because it's a really awful thing to do.

Would not be surprised if it was connected to Orton making the off-script PED joke at Battleground. Lesnar does not let go of grudges without a last word - look to his history with Frank Mir, and his behavior at UFC 100.

3. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    wow if he did that on purpose they should ditch him right now.

4. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    thought the ambrose ziggler match was bad ambrose is seriously over rated as a wrestler,

styles vs cena was great and they did the right thing letting styles go over clean

rusev/reigns what a waste of time

brooklyn put over balor big time but the title is butt ugly

the second elbow from lesnar legit busted orton open and then they improvised with shane coming out and eating an f5 that elbow was dangerous as hell and looking at the pics of orton's head lucky it isn't more serious. wouldn't be surprised if that was brock having a sook about the ped jab

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm guessing The Club will become tag champions tonight on RAW.

Sasha is apparently injured and that's the reason for the title change - she needs to rest.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Just watched the show in full now (only caught bits and pieces last night)

AJ and Cena stole the show. Probably WWE's match of the year so far, everyone else failed to live up to it. Ambrose v Ziggler was sloppy at times, no real chemistry; only saving point is Dean has the potential to be an awesome heel. But the match was a huge disappointed.

Universal title match was good, but the crowd just **** all over the title, that really weakened the match. Seth took his frustrations out on Twitter and took a shoot at the crowd for ruining the match.

Due to the way of the booking, Styles and Cena should've closed. Styles is the only person to kick out of a super AA and Cena teased this being his last match. It was put together so well that nobody stood a chance to top, or even equal, that match.

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Balor may have injured his arm last night according to Meltzer.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

That's Rollins in the doghouse.

There is a rumour going around that this will be a bad week for the WWE and leave a "long-lasting black eye on the spot" according to WrestleChat.net on Twitter. Claims this is from a trusted source. Makes you wonder why Vince sold so much stock last week for $30 million. Is something 'big' about to happen?

A drug scandal would cost them serious amounts of money, especially if sponsors leave.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, Balor showed up on GMA this morning and his arm looked fine, no sling or anything, so if he did injure his arm, it may not be serious.

10. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    do the McMahon's have stock left? lol every time I turn around I read they sold stock

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

You have brought joy to my world.

Update on Orton. Ending was planned - didn't expect that much blood lol

Vince is down to 48%

12. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It kind of looked like Lesnar only opened up a blade job; I only spotted blood after Randy's fingers went to his head. After the second (or third) round of elbows it looked like a 2" cut gash right across the peak of Orton's hairline (a very good place for Orton to have stitches and not get a pro wrestler's forehead). I seriously doubt Brock would have done anything like that without going over it with Randy first, and a lot of guys seem to want to do things the hard way when they face Brock, so I'm tending towards a blade job with an overzealous elbow assist. Randy had the presence of mind to clear out of the way for the following spot with Shane, so I think we're looking at a well choreographed work... I don't think that we were supposed to have quite that much blood, that's all.

Anyway... Interesting card. I'd have ordered the matches very differently, or put belts on the headliners beforehand maybe. The matches seemed unnaturally paced overall, with most having very little build up to a sequence of apparently ineffective finishing moves. The crowd seemed disinterested and distracted. The Divas-level tag thing was the pits. Balor vs Rollins was the best of the show, but it was far from either wrestler's best work. Ziggler worked well with what he had, despite a few botches, but Ambrose is still just awful.

I'd give it a 5/10 overall. Better than a Sunday night Raw, and an amazing assortment of talent, but WWE managed to drag it all down somehow.

13. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Looks to me after watching the much controversial match that the Orton injury was planned.

And going by reports it was. Dial back the Lesnar hate early.

Good PPV. Way to ****ing long.Aj vs Cena stole the show. AJ will be champ pretty soon I think.

Really hope Balor's injury isn't to bad.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think Styles takes the belt at BackLash.

Ambrose was actually quite poor last night; selling was quite poor and there were a few botches.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    WWE confirm injury.

Shoulder tear, might require surgery and will update how this affects the new title. WWE do state the injury was caused by Seth's running power bomb (rumour it will now be banned due to several wrestlers being injured by it)

Will be very interesting if there is any repercussions on Seth Rollins. Vince was set to give Balor a monster push because RAW was desperate for main event talent.

16. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Turrible, just turrible.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Look at all this ****. You know who deserves a title shot? Brock Lesnar

Lesnar vs Rollins

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    AJ v Cena was just okay. Cena was trying to do innovative stuff (again) but it just looked sloppier than his usual work (again). Kudos to them actually having a bit of a wrestling match at the start, but the gears changed so rapidly, so we didn't get the exhausting middle of the match to justify all the selling and huffing and puffing...

Oh and Seth's buckle bumper definitely needs to go away. I was surprised to see him do it again after what happened to Sting. I bet Finn asked to take it though, the crazy ********.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    There was nothing innovative or new from Cena or Styles. Cena AA, AJ evasion, over and over. It was good because they both sold exhaustion well, but they do not bring out the best in each other, and neither was remarkable.

Edit - Got to be something with Lesnar coming, Mane. Got to be.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bayley full-time RAW.

Excellent, will keep the quality up with Sasha out. Both divas divisions have been strengthened.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    they're on the turnbuckle and Zayn is slapping Rollins back like a 4 year old playfighting....

that's...that's great work:rolleyes:

22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
  23. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Jericho man. Legend.

What the hell was up with the Dudleyz?! I really thought they were gonna retire haha. Looks like they've got one more ride in 'em.

Casting my vote for AJ-Cena as match of SummerSlam, even though I was way more hype for Brock. They made it fun and the arena ate it up.

And finally, sorry for the terrible quality and my stupid face but...

[​IMG]

24. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    great story, cool on jericho

and great picture

25. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I liked Summerslam as a bunch of individual matches (women's tag match and Rusev-Reigns aside) but the order of the card was all over the place.

Hope Owens gets the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.