main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Hopefully the call ups are a Perfect 10.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Between Bray (when his dialogue is focused) and Miz, Smackdown really does have two of the best talkers in the game. Raw still has Stephanie, though - and when Stephanie is on, she is the most gifted McMahon on the mic, without question.

Then there's Heyman, but he's part-time. I wish AJ would bring on Heyman - I'd enjoy that - prolly too hard on Paul's schedule.

3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That was a great promo from Miz, but he's still an undercard guy to me. He's not a big title holder, he's not a big match guy, he's not the main event, and he's not a top anything. A great heel, who is one of the few to do it right, but that's it.

He makes a good point about WWE's SAFE style, but at the same, on the other side of that coin, you come to the fact that when Miz gets in the ring it's not must watch TV.

I think the best way to put it is that Miz is miscast.

As for NXT Call ups. Aries should get the call for the CW division. Roode isn't going anywhere and neither is Nakamura. Best bets are Samoa Joe(who should be a Smackdown get) with everybody else being nothing more than filler. Baggage. Even the Perfect 10. Why ask for his call up when you know he'll be jobbing?

That's the problem with the gimmick characters, they are pretty much pre-show entertainment. They max out at going out there and just entertaining, they don't get to play in the higher card area. And that's a fact that goes way way back in the history of Pro-Wrestling.

Juliet316 and V-2 like this.
  4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
  5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I aim to please.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Backstage heat on Charlotte for being too rough with Sasha at SummerSlam. Was apparently yelled at backstage for failing to protect Sasha.

Yet, Rollins is a-okay after injuring three people....hmm.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I believe that Sasha entered the match with an injury, so there were likely special instructions on what not to do.

9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    to me what happened with Balor was stupid on everyone's part. I'm assuming wwe and Balor knew that move was going to be used. how can anyone not think someone getting powerbombed onto a ringside barricade is not going to result in an injury?

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    If she entered with a back injury and Charlotte let her drop from the turnbuckle like that, def a misstep then. That looked rough.

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. That had to be the move - I cringed when I saw it, thought it was a mistake.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It was that spot, which pissed off backstage.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  14. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I've seen scandalously little of NXT so consequently not seen much of Bayley. What I have seen I've loved though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Story time with Mane(Also known as fantasy booking). Your jealousy is warranted and also accepted. [face_flag]

So WWE, as of now, has dropped any attempt to do anything with the Bullet Club as a stable. At least for now. I see this as a waste of money and a missed opportunity, and I hate a missed opportunity. With Balor out, and with him seemingly being a face anyway, it wouldn't have fit much with him being with Anderson and Gallows. So how would you take the Raw brand of the Bullet Club and do something with it? Well first you see a leader. And the only leader with any history of with the group would be Anderson. Technically he was the leader of the BC after Devitt left NJPW. Though that has pretty much been retconned away with AJ now thought of as being the leader during that time. This doesn't matter really that much with WWE given that it's a closed environment, but history does matter. Not to hard for people to look up that Anderson was a big player in the BC from the beginning.

Anderson and Gallows haven't really been doing that much. They haven't been buried. Lets just say they are WWE's version of being protected. Still, I want the BC to be something big on RAW. Maybe not Main Event, but a big attraction for the brand, and Anderson really hasn't done anything that would put him into that place to put the BC over on RAW.

This is where Orton would come in. Now, again this is fantasy booking I can do what I want, Orton does get drafted like the rumors suggest.

The BC suffers another loss at the hands of THE NEW DAY. Anderson gets pissed after the match. The next night on RAW, Anderson and Gallows make short work of a rag tag tag team. Anderson gets on the mic and claims it's a NEW DAY for the THE CLUB in WWE. Talks about how they have lost momentum since the draft, and that he and Gallows were going to start over and take the RAW brand of the BC to new heights. Enter Orton who comes out as Anderson and Gallows leaving, about to cut a promo on something entirely different. However, as Orton gets in the ring he takes mic, and tells Anderson and Gallows to wait before they go to the back. Orton bashes The Club, calls it second rate, even mentions how they give the Japan version a bad name. Anderson walks off, Gallows following.

Orton has a match later that night. Anderson interferes and takes Orton out, even hitting an RKO on him. This all leads to a match at whatever Raw PPV is next, Anderson vs Orton. Goes about 15 minutes, Orton wins, but after the match is attacked by Anderson again. This time with bloodier results.

Anderson: "You were right. You are better than me. Lot of good that did you."

He looks to Gallows at Ring side, "Time to take what's rightfully ours."

On Raw the next night The Club challenges the NEW DAY, and become the tag team champions. Orton tries to interfere, but is stopped by Rollins(who Orton is having a side feud with at the same time as one with Anderson. A way to get the BC clear of Orton).

Over the next several months the New Day and BC trade the titles, then Enzio and Cass, and then they feud with a tag team of Orton and Cesaro. At the same time the BC is growing bigger with, Owens, Akira Tozawa, and Nia Jax joining the group. Eventually Balor comes back, turns heel, but instead of trying to take leadership, simply says, "You be the leader Anderson. I'll be the champion."

So by the end of the year into next you have a BC consisting of Balor, Anderson, Gallows, Owens, Tozawa, and Nia Jax.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

She will be a mega-star. Great wrestler, better personality. If she can stay healthy, the world is her oyster.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Bayley has the potential to be the female John Cena, if booked right.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Re: Bullet Club
    I see why WWE aren't doing anything with it now because it ultimately means nothing to 99% of the WWE audience, and having newcomers arriving as part of a growing faction isn't great. A faction that springs from nothing means nothing. If it only exists because it used to exist in some other continuity/'universe' then that seems a bit cheap, and a rehash of the NWO era crap.

Fans who have heard of Bullet Club will continue to be treated the odd subtle reference, but unless it makes sense within WWE story lines and circumstances then there's nothing to gain from WWE's perspective. Also the copyright issues with the name, branding, and the stories... It's the sort of stuff that could get very expensive over time. ISTR WWE dropping their claim to Bullet Club and Balor Club recently, probably because so many individuals and organisations had appropriated it already.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    A tiny fact: Asuka has one of the biggest winning streaks in WWE. Hasn't lost a single match since joining the WWE.

DarthMane2 and Juliet316 like this.
  20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    None of that means anything. It's all in the booking. All in the presentation.

In my head it works perfect because I see it clearly. If you're trying to say WWE would **** it up, then I agree.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  22. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    The Headbangers will be back for the Smackdown Tag Title tournament. No word on whether it is a one off or a long term deal has been struck.

.........Yay?

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    The headbangers? Jesus wept...

24. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    It goes without saying that WWE would **** it up!

BC is a chunk of continuity from a different franchise (actually multiple franchises). It worked in Japan because pro wrestling is still presented as a real sport, so different feds can refer to each others talent and activities in the same way that different boxing or mma promotions can. It worked in the US/Mexican/UK indies because 99% of the audience for those promotions are smarks who get a kick from that sort of thing, but a cross-promotional entity like BC is incompatible with WWE's bizarre comic book world. WWE does not want you to watch NJPW, RoH, CMLL, Chikara, or anything else. It would be great for everyone if they did but, for reasons only truly understood by VKM, the WWE presents itself as it's own 'universe'.

There would have to be an internally consistent reason for the former BC members to exist as a faction within WWE. Considering promotions outside WWE barely exist within WWE's creative bubble, why should BC exist? To please a tiny fraction of the WWE's smark audience? Why bother? To respect and enhance the heritage of the BC legend, to respect and enhance the heritage and legacy of BC members? That **** is only for the hall of fame and some obscure network shows.

What would VKM's WWE have to gain from acknowledging, or more to the point exploiting their rival's intellectual property?

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Bo Dallas kicked off a plane for being too drunk. Told the pilot to "**** off" - wouldn't be surprised if he's fired.

Btw, should we removed "TNA" from the title and replace it with ROH and NJPW - you know, real wrestling promotions..

26. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

We don't want the crowd to start chanting, "Let's go, Bayley!", "Bayley sucks!"

Time to send him to Suplex City!

Then we'd have to remove the WWE, because it's a sports entertainment promotion.

Juliet316 , V-2 and DanielUK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.