main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Any promotion can be profitable if run right, it just takes the right person in charge with the right business sense who can properly run an entertainment business.

Rumor is out that TNA has been cancelling wrestlers flights and some matches. Speculation is this is a cost cutting measure to keep the doors open for a little while longer to make the chances of a sale better. There is a conflicting report that say the flight cancellations are not true, but there seems to be enough credible sources saying that it is in fact true.

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Not sure how much money you save by cancelling flights and breaking contracts, which leads me to suspect that that story is fabricated.

3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Don't most TNA people travel by bus or car anyway?

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Ibushi and Itami are teaming for the Dusty Classic.

I like it and confirmes that Ibushi will still be doing appearances for WWE.

Tickets for UFC at MSG are now on sale. Vince is probably loving that.

Today is also supposed to be the big day for TNA. Either Vince or Corgan. Vince is playing it as if he's giving any other parties the chance to buy it up to the last minute. So he knows he doesn't need it, but will take it if no one else will.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    So, Ibushi wants to be IWGP Champion but has agreed to take part in WWE's development tag tournament? Hmmm.

Really don't know where his head is at. Even Omega said the same. Surprised NJPW hasn't blackballed him yet - they have the power to do it in Japan.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I am taking my son to his first live wrestling show tonight. I was able to get tickets to the NXT house show in Orlando tonight. I am pretty excited to take him.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

heels1785 , V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hope he has fun!

WookatMe likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Looks like you'll be in a packed house - tickets sold out online. Enjoy, WookatMe!

WookatMe likes this.
  10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Well if recent rumor's are true we'll be watching TNA in the vault on the WWE network.

Nothing I've seen is leaning towards Corgan buying.

And apparently if you search TNA on WWE.com you'll see PPV results.

Sad if true.

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Yeah, from what I've seen on Twitter, FightBoothPW(the Pro Wrestling sect of Fight Booth, in case you couldn't tell :p ) says that it looks like news will break soon that WWE has officially made the purchase. But then I wonder why Dixie Carter would announce a new set of TV tapings. This whole situation is.....interesting to say the least.

If WWE did/does purchase TNA, how awkward is it that Sandow and Rhodes just left WWE and signed with TNA, only to essentially be back on a technicality. Funny to see how that pans out.

Really hope TNA makes it though, but if all this is in faxct working out the way it looks and is being reported....what a shame.

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    So it looks like TNA funding from a third party, but talks are still happening between them and Corgan and them and WWE, so TNA hangs on at least for a little while longer

Kenobi098 likes this.
  13. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm not worrying until some actual news is reported by a reputable source (i.e. not bloggers just regurgitating cryptic Meltzer, or otherwise jumping at shadows).

Looking forward to Impact and BFG on Sunday night. Sad to hear Drew's injured and out of the Grand Championship though.

14. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    I am willing to bet it was Dixie's Dad who fronted the cash for bfg and the next set of impact taping because aerolux or billy corgan would have demanded majority ownership.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The roster is no longer available on the TNA website.

16. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    hopefully tna continues in some way or fashion too many good ppl involved who will go jobless if they go out of business. will also miss seeing ec3 on tv every week

17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    It is interesting. They're saying Del Rio may debut tonite on BFG. This along with Cody.

Just seems odd to still be acting like things will continue if WWE has already bought the company.

18. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    The news I've read is that no agreement was made, Corgan and WWE are fighting it out, and that WWE have confirmed that they'd shut TNA down if they bought it.

I don't understand where the idea that flights were cancelled came from, nor the idea that TNA's crap website offers clues on anything. WWE's website returns TNA product and broadcast news, riiight, but it also returns searches for RoH and other promotions products and broadcasts, so it means nothing. Wrestling journalism is terrible.

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I just watched Bound For Bankruptcy, really good show - especially The Great War. The only time I caught mention of the ownership issue was Drew indirectly stating (in a promo) that Corgan was buying the company. Dixie got some noticeable boos when she came out to induct Gail Kim.

It was nice seeing Taryn and Kong! I really miss those two, and it's good to know that the bridges aren't totally burned... Despite a botched bit of heel logic the title match between Kim and Maria was surprisingly excellent, definitely one of the highlights of the whole show.

The Rhodeseses arrival went okay, the best part was the confirmation that Cody is staying around and this wasn't just a single show deal.

EC3 and Lashley worked a fairly safe-ish match for the main event, but told a good old fashioned rasslin story. Nobody should expect Lashley to bump hard or take big risks with MMA work on the horizon, but they made it all look pretty brutal.

Well worth checking out this show if you can.

21. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    happy that bfg went ahead overall pretty solid show.

can't get into dj z or trevor lee but it was a solid enough opener

sandow's in ring debut was nothing special expected more to be honest.

looking forward to the program between cody and mike bennett

seriously thought the celebrations for gail kim were over the top yes she has had a great career but really best female wrestler in the world and goat please so many more enjoyable then him.

the great war was awesome other then aj styles broken matt would be the top pro wrestler of the year in my eyes. was silly and goofy and awesome all in one. well done to all involved in the match.

lashley and ec3 was solid for what it was. lashley has improved heaps in tna and i think ec3 is money. wonder where they go from here.

looks like tna has found funding to tape impact for the rest of the year. hopefully they survive

22. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    DJ Z is one of the best. WWE were mad to let him go. Trevor Lee is an oddity right now, a pint sized Bruiser Brody tribute act, but the stuff he can do is amazing - his fisherman's buster kind of makes me sick to watch (and I hope he's selling that **** when it looks like he knocks himself out).

That wasn't Sandow's in ring debut. There's a clue to that in the fact that he just won the final of a tournament. ;)

Now on the topic of Gail Kim, we could seriously fall out. ;) There's nobody better, at least no better female working now or ever before. I'd say she's one of the best pro wrestlers ever. She can sell like Ricky Morton and she has a bag of offensive moves too, technically speaking she's a better wrestler than Flair or Michaels ever was. Greatest of all time? Easily. Who's more enjoyable is totally subjective, but I can think of nobody better.

23. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Strong and Aries to tag in Dusty Classic. **** Yeah.

24. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I know this sounds like wishful thinking but can WWE be sued for having a near monopoly?

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Nope. Near monopolies don't count and so long as there are indie promotions, they may technically will never have a monopoly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.