main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Hopefully Corgan's legal actions are to prevent Carter from asset-stripping or selling to WWE, and hopefully the extra layer of legal complexity would hold off the state bailiffs for some time too. Things look bleak, but there is still hope.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    World of Sport is returning to ITV in the UK!

This is HUGE for British wrestling.

V-2 and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats DanielUK, I saw on some sites that fans were not happy when it was initially taken off the air.

As for Cena, I don't think a heel turn is a sign that he's ending his career, but yeah, I'll believe a Cena turn when I actually see it executed.

4. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I saw the leaked e-mail, sent to those who have tickets. This seems a very serious reboot; over 18s only, will be smoke and lasers. Moderate violence to be expected.

However, a snippet came across a wrestling news site I follow on Twitter. Vince is trying to get Shawn Michaels to come out of retirement and have one more match at Royal Rumble, his opponent (if Shawn agrees) will be ....

AJ STYLES!!!!

BUGGER ME SILLY!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I would love to see a HBK vs Styles match.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I would do things, which are against ToC, whilst watching. It has the potential, if Michaels can still go, to be one of the best matches in the history of the WWE.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Effectively neuters one of the most meaningful matches in the history of the WWE. Do the right thing, for once, and don't go for the quick ratings grab. Michaels retired for the right reasons, keep him around the WWE, but out of the ring.

V-2 likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    You're right, but... damn that would be a dream match if there ever was one.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    It would suck because Michaels would suck. He was great but he's spent, broken, he would be a shadow of his former self. Pray it never happens. He's shown he's good for a bump-free run in, let's just be content with that.

WoS potentially returning almost makes up for TNA potentially folding! Such a shame Kent Walton isn't here to see it happen... Word is there will be ladders and 7 man tags in a 4 hour tv taping for the pilot, so it would be WoS in name only, sadly. Hopefully there might be some matches featuring rounds and 3 falls too. Minimum age is 10, so it's not going to be the adult alternative to PG that fans are craving either. Still though, WoS! More eyes on British wrestling can only be a good thing.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  10. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    seriously marking out seeing goldberg back in a wrestling ring

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Goldberg's young kid sitting in the crowd next to the Governor of Colorado, both there to see his dad.

That's awesome.

Juliet316 and DarthMane2 like this.
  12. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    as an HBK fan I'm glad he hasn't come back, and listening to Jericho's podcast with him last year he said as quick as the question was asked that he didn't miss it.

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    My favorite part of the Goldberg entrance was seeing Backlund and The New Day going nuts in the background as he walked past them.

14. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005

I love Big E so damn much.

Juliet316 and heels1785 like this.
  15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    It's 2016 and Goldberg is more over than the entire RAW roster.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  16. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    According to Foley on FB it looks like Charlotte vs Sasha will Main Event.

The right decision

Juliet316 , V-2 and WookatMe like this.
  17. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I was just discussing with my wife last night how it absolutely should be the main event.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

18. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Is this the first time a women's match has been the main event at a WWE PPV?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Yep.

As for RAW in general, I find it very hard to care about it anymore. Unlike SmackDown, RAW just seems like a bunch bad actors who are either lost or have no idea what to do. Whoever is writing the show needs to replaced; it is hard to believe this is the same company that produces SmackDown every Tuesday.

DarthMane2 likes this.
  20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    One good thing to say about the Goldberg vs Lesnar match, at least this time they won't be booed out of the building.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Never know. WWE could balls this up.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It's just to much of an opportunity and just plainly the only real logical answer as to what should be the main event.

I was making breakfast, thinking about other things, then just randomly it hit me, "The girls should ME."

It's no better a feud than what the other big feuds are doing but it has the appeal of being the first women's HITC and the first women's Main event.

It also adds more cred to the belt, and hell could also be the better match.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

This is WWE and we're little over a month till Survivor Series. WWE can and will **** it up.

Edit: Goldberg's return helps RAW's ratings.

24. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Mick Foley gas backtracked a bit about Sasha and Charlotte being the main event and said they were A main event. So either he let something out that wasn't supposed to be yet, or he said something that wasn't true and misunderstood what was happening at HIAC.

In TNA news, they are being sued by ANOTHER company. American Express Travel Related Services Company has filed a suit against TNA for unpaid bills. The value in TNA has to be plummeting at this point, so maybe public opinion forces out Dixie and allows Corgan to get in control. Everyday it looks worse for for TNA though

25. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.