main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Not exactly true. The AJ in NJPW wasn't the brand TNA built.

After he left TNA, he put out feelers to WWE, they said they weren't interested. He goes to NJPW, gets a new attitude, puts on the best matches of his career, and becomes a great draw for the company.

In other words WWE didn't buy TNA AJ, they bought NJPW AJ.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think AJ Styles in NJPW and WWE is the pretty much the same character, just dropped into different situations. All the costume gimmicks have the same continuity, he has kept his name, etc. The stuff about buying the NJPW AJ is the narrative that saves WWE face while diminishing TNA's role, but it's a subjective view. It might have taken NJPW to convince VKM about AJ, but the TNA embargo was already over, at least in NXT.

3. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Sorry for the double post, but is anyone else getting really pissed off with the greasy faced guy in the Impact audience yelling vote Trump?

Promo heavy Impact this week, with I think only 5 matches and a couple of scuffles. Lots of Raw-like 'Earlier' and 'Last Week' replays have been creeping in, but it was especially noticeable. The new format for Ely Drake's Piper's Pit section is baffling. The new matches they showed were all good, and the Hardys match against ze OUTRAIYJEEOWSLY French accented Tribunal being the highlight imo. Cody vs Eddie Edwards was an excellent display of talent too. Edwards has really stepped up since Davey Richards got injured and deserves heaps of respect.

4. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Edwards has been really on as of late, but I can't help but question having him being their World Champion right now. It's a nice change and is building up other names, but I don't know, it's not carrying well with me personally at the moment. I don't know, it might grow on me the way other things have as of late, so I'm willing to give it a shot, but it's a bit weird for me. I might be saying that though since I really want to see Mike Bennett as the guy though.

5. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I think it's still weird seeing Edwards on his own, let alone winning singles championships, but I think he genuinely deserves it. The crowd loves him, and he's a top tier indy guy who TNA are lucky to have right now. The way he won it was believable, and the narrow way he won tonight (last Thursday) fits in with the narrative that he's a little out of his depth and developing his singles talent... He's a lot more beatable than Lashley, which is good for suspenseful outcomes.

As awesome a champion Lashley is, he doesn't need it and he has to go away to do his MMA stuff now anyway. Bennett's heat is immense, I don't think he needs it to be any more hated than he is now, though he would be excellent ****heel champion... Cody would be money, but how long is he staying for? Matt Hardy says he wants it back, and TNA would certainly give it to him, but he's on top without it. Moose is far from ready (his pacing and psychology need work), and anyone else would seem like it was just 'their turn' imho (depending on how they do it, of course). I'd prefer EC3 to be the champion for all time, but he's busy putting some shine on the upper midcard (no reason he couldn't do that as champion too).

6. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That might be it. Every big time moment it seems he's had has been in a tag team. I don't know, maybe it's because I appreciate a good heel that I like Bennett, maybe it's because that one time I met saw him live at a meet & greet and Maria was getting substantial amount of attention, and he was being nothing but supporting and pushing her as the star of the table(which earned my respect because that is what love, and decency, is) but I've been a huge fan of Bennett, from The Kingdom and on.

Another TNA lawsuit, which at this point is "what else is new?" news:

http://wrestlingnews.co/another-lawsuit-filed-against-tna-for-money-owed/

7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Wade Keller put out an interesting tweet a decisions being made today, which will effect the business and peoples careers. The rumour is WWE will announce several indie promotions will be added to the WWE network. A recent WWE fan survey give a list of indie promotions and asked if the respondents were familiar with the brand. Ring of Honour and CZW (be surprised if they're added to the network) were among the promotions named.

8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    As it turns out it's Flosports that will be creating a streaming service called Floslam that will feature the Indy content, including live events. WWE is said to be very annoyed for a few reasons.

1. WWE has a stake in Flosports as do others, but they have no power over decision making.

2. WWE wants to put Indie content on their network, and now that FloSports has gotten there first the price of putting that content on the Network will probably skyrocket.

20 dollars month is bull****, but they do have a 149 yearly price.

IF anything this is great new for Indy talent who will be making more money and get more exposure, if it works.

V-2 likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Even if its tanks, it is a win-win for indie talent. Their price tag will have doubled. If Hunter wants Adam Cole, Young Bucks or Jay Lethal - a significant offer will have to be made.

But, it probably wouldn't matter for the Young Bucks. I've heard those guys have been very wise with their money and spend very moderately. Kenny Omega recently said in an interview both could quit wrestling tomorrow and be financially sound.

Juliet316 and DarthMane2 like this.
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Orton joining the Wyatt Family, it looks like. Interesting twist.

So far, the beef is just with Kane - wonder who will join him.

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    TNA vs Corgan Trial live in progress.

Get the popcorn, this **** is good.

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    TNA TV tapings have been postponed. Corgan states the company has no money and talent will not be paid, either.

13. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    The Life and Death of TNA book is going to be a fascinating read one day.

So according to the TNA lawyer the contract between Corgan and Dixie was illegal unders TN state law.

It's going to be interesting how this is read, because I think that amounts to fraud on Dixie's part.

EDIT: IT's over. Judge will decide on Monday.

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Not to mention the fact, whenever I've seen the Bucks they always had quite the line at their table and sold a lot of merchandise, so on top of being smart financially, they have a decent revenue stream from what they sell as well.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Heard both of them are really nice people in real life.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They are. Both times I met them they were extremely polite. Very goofy as well, which made it fun. They were the nicest guys to my brother as well.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    More rumours about Paige. Gossiplife allegedly report on her (which mentioning name) beating the crap out of Del Rio.

18. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  19. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Ouch.

Also VKM says he's 'open for business' regarding the potential sale of WWE! Please let this not just be a dementia moment!

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I would chalk it up to VKM not happy that TNA is getting any sort of attention, negative or otherwise, so he's gonna say something outrageous to get eyes back on him.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

<3

I hope her and Charlotte get the main event spot at Hell in the Cell, but I seriously wouldn't put it past Vince handing it to Roman.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

<3

I hope her and Charlotte get the main event spot at Hell in the Cell, but I seriously wouldn't put it past Vince handing it to Roman.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    As of this moment Sasha vs Charlotte is the main event.

Juliet316 likes this.
  24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    As of this moment Sasha vs Charlotte is the main event.

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
  26. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    I am going to be watching HIAC tomorrow. My beloved Eagles are playing the Cowboys in prime time. So I will be turning off notifications and trying my best to avoid spoilers.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.