main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I don't get it.

Only logic is Orton wanting to work a less schedule and thus does not want a main event run.

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Randy should quit WWE to pursue a career in pro wrestling. Cena and Ziggler too.

3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    For non-UK posters, WoS starts in two hours and I'm sure reddit can help you "see" it.

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i think they're trying to build new stars, they just don't have good booking. or original booking

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Any form of coherent booking is missing from RAW. Ryan Ward has done a good job with Smackdown, but RAW is an utter disaster.

6. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    WoS will be going up against Liverpool v Man City.

Gonna be interesting because even ITV's worst shows go about 4 million views.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Very ITV, aimed at casuals but people loved it on Twitter.

Matches were suprisingly well booked (recommend the ladder match and El Ligero v Zack Gibson); ended with Grado winning the title, so I doubt you'll end on a championship win - if this was just a one off special. Backstage segments were MUCH better than WWE; pretty short, blunt and straight to the point. Heels and babyfaces are presented how they should be, with the crowd correctly responded.

Again, going back the reactions, I suspect this has been a hint.

THEY EVEN EXPLAINED WRESTLING RULES!!!

V-2 likes this.
  8. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I liked it as a one off special. Not sure I'd turn in on a weekly basis though. A bit too panto for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In a way, kinda reminds me of Lucha Underground; sticking to a traditional style whilst putting on a show aimed at the casual audience. Yeah, I doubt any match will ever get highly rated by Melzter, but it was fun. I enjoyed it more than RAW.

V-2 likes this.
  10. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    wrestlemania main event
    so vince is weighing up undertaker vs cena/reigns was originally going to be cena but there has been feeling that this will be taker's last mania or possibly his last match so they want it to be reigns since they still see him as the future of the company. plans call for either cena/roman to win the title at the rumble and for taker to challenge them

wonder if ronda will join wwe now. will get a similar deal to lesnar

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Has to be Cena.

Reigns in the main event, again, will end up destroying his career. Which Vince seems to be Hell bent on doing.

12. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    I thought Wos was pretty good. Not great wrestling or TV direction, but waaaaaaay more entertaining than the average Raw. I loved all the references to the old days and how they tied that stuff to the new guys, it kind of legitimised everything (which is a tall order when your roster includes Sha Samuels, El Ligero, Grado and a fake Mandrews). Grado as Big Daddy worked for me, not so sure about the Bastad as Giant Haystacks but you can't deny he's an incredible wrestler. El Ligero as the new Kendo Nagasaki was cool, but the timing of his post match interview felt rushed. A pity Rampage Brown and Davey Boy Jnr didn't get more time; I think Smith could have been better used, still keeping the big reveal but not giving him such an unfair advantage.

Speaking of unsightly orange people, Alex Shane was going for the David Guest look with his over-plucked eyebrows and was a tiny bit less terrible than usual but he still brought the average down.

Jim Ross was great, apart from every time he was on screen reading from the script like he's presenting TNA.

I really hope this becomes a permanent feature, but it apparently got **** ratings - 800,000 people switched over and switched back once it finished, leaving 1.25 million live viewers (low for ITV but significantly higher than TNA, Raw, etc). Apparently ITV numbers were down all day. Could go either way.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    .....seriously.

WWE are really considering not doing Undertaker v Cena

[​IMG]

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    First RAW of the new year and I hope to God this gets better. Much better.

This is more and more reminding me of Nitro; decent undercard, some solid matches but a truly awful main event scene. RAW really does lack any credible main event talent, apart from Charlotte and Sasha. You'd be forgiven for forgetting Rollins was the number one draft pick. Roman contains to alienate the crowd more and more (but it's not his fault)

I refuse to believe this is the same company that produces SmackDown. I really do.

15. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i was wondering why they put seth and owens on first. then i saw goldberg and reigns come out at the end and start talking , and i realized it's late at night and they wanted to put people to sleep.

16. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Just stop watching. You save so much time and energy!

TNA are launching their app in the UK, I see. New Impacts, Xplosions, ONOs and regular PPVs (plus everything else in the archive) for £4.99 per month, which sadly out-prices me (I don't think the WWE network is even worth £4.99 a month). Take off £2 and I'd begin to consider it.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    So major changes are occurring with the Mania card. That is either a good or potential bad thing.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, well. This is interesting....

Steph and Hunter are said to be furious because it has been reported Shane now has some measure of influence in creative. This might be why SmackDown has become so good, but sets up the possibility of Vince returning Shane to an executive position. Even though he is under a talent contact, he has gained his own (sort of) power base backstage - probably among Vince's inner circle.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Well that sucks for the Argentino family. Pretty good for the McMahon family though, eh.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    SmackDown was just AWESOME.

Cole just won the ROH title at WK11, doubt he's off to the WWE now.

22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Looks like a great show. Will watch when I get home.

23. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Are they going to ****ing DRAW?

Holy ****

24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Okada v Omega is arguably match of century. That was insane.

Kenny is clearly in NJPW royalty now and, I'd have to say, the number two guy. Gedo no longer sees him as just another gajin - Kenny had Tana tier protection in that main event. FOUR RAINMAKERS TO PUT HIM DOWN - Cena doesn't get that level of protection in the WWE.

That match made Omega a legit top main event Japanese star. Still think Omega will win the IWGP title before NJPW comes to the US on their G1 tour; the owners will want to hit the US market with a recognisable champion from the states.

As for Naito, you could say his rise is more impressive than Kenny because the crowd legit go-away heat with him. Now he is one of the most over guys in Japan.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Only real issue I have with Smackdown is how much they're pushing Corbin, who is terrible in the ring and even worse on the mic. It's the Roman Reigns/dozens before him formula all over again.

Also, whoever is writing the Natalya/Nikki Bella feud, please stop. Natty is a poor heel, Nikki is a poor face. Natalya is the most skilled female technical wrestler in the WWE, and Nikki isn't that bad anymore. Let them fight, end the feud, and then allow them to help the younger talent develop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.