main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    they actually did it they have hyped me up for a wwe ppv for the first time in a long long time. other then seeing goldberg return the first time.

apparently road dogg is writing smackdown now and has replaced the guy who use to write nxt.

enjoyed the tease of the staredown between brock/goldberg/taker.

feel sorry for sasha though going from working main events to the pre show and having to wrestle the overweight green as hell nia jax

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't think it's a slight against Sasha. Like Meltzer said I think it's just bad timing.

Just how it unfortunately worked out given the stacked card, and the desire to run two womens angles.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Undertaker did not look like he was 5 days away from a Royal Rumble.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Cena is a heel.

I'm starting to think he isn't going over on Sunday.

5. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    So far the Mania card is looking like this....which is really no different then it was save for a few changes.

Lesnar vs Goldberg

Undertaker vs Reigns: Why in the ****. Why lose another opportunity to not have Cena vs Taker. The match would have sold the ****ing event, and been a worthy main event. **** sake. Oh well.

Owens vs Jericho: US title probably

Charlotte vs Bayley vs Sasha vs Jax

Shaq vs Big Show: I don't even know why this is happening

Orton vs Wyatt: Always a possibility, but word it this could actually be for the WWE title. Which means one or the other is winning the Rumble. The other would then win the Chamber.

This leaves AJ, Cena, and Strowman without a match. Though rumors are leaning heavily on AJ vs Shane. Cena vs Samoa Joe was pitched, but was never really confirmed to be actually still in the cards now. Does make sense if you consider the big match for Joe rumor to be true. Strowman will probably end up in the Battle Royal.

So this probably means AJ might beat Cena at Rumble.

OTHER NEWS: Omega is so far staying in NJPW. He's headed back to Japan to re-negotiate his contract. Which I'm sure NJPW will give him more money, plus more. Only for another year he says though. Which is about right. Good for him. Good for NJPW. Good for Wrestling.

Omega also hinted at a friend deciding not to sign with WWE, and was hoping they would work together in NJPW. Either this is just Ibushi he's talking about or Adam Cole decided not to sign.

6. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    My Current Wrestlemania Card Prediction:
    WWE Universal Championship - Bruan Strowman(Royal Rumble Winner) vs. Roman Reigns(WWE Universal Champion)(Winner)
    WWE US Championship - Kevin Owens(Winner) vs. Chris Jerico - Title vs. Career Match
    WWE Championship - AJ Styles(Winner) vs. Dean Ambrose - No Disqualification
    Singles Match - John Cena vs. The Undertaker(Winner) - Casket Match - Cena heel turn after being submerged in casket
    Singles Match - Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar(Winner) - 2 out of 3 falls -
    WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - Cesaro and Sheamus(Winner) vs. The New Day - Handicap Match
    WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship - Rhyno and Heath Slater vs. American Alpha vs. The Usos vs. Breezango(Winner)(Fatal Four Way)
    WWE Raw Womens Championship - Charlotte Flair(Winner) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Stephanie McMahon -
    WWE Smackdown Womens Championship - Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch(Winner) vs. Carmella vs. Eva Marie vs Micki James vs. Naomi vs. Natalya vs. Nikki Bella - Battle Royal
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick(Winner) vs. TJ Perkins - Triple Threat
    Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal -
    Big Cass(Winner)
    Big Show
    Bo Dallas
    Curtis Axel
    Enzo Emore
    Finn Balor
    Golddust
    Jinder Mahal
    Karl Anderson
    Luke Gallows
    Mark Henry
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Rusev
    Sami Zayn
    Sin Cara
    Titus O'Neil
    Aiden English
    Apollo Crews
    Curt Hawkins
    Dolph Ziggler
    Kane
    Konnor
    Luke Harper
    Mojo Rawley
    The Miz
    Randy Orton
    Rhyno
    Shelton Benjamin
    Simon Gotch
    Viktor
    Zack Ryder

7. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    money has come for orton to win the rumble and wyatt will apparently win the chamber.

mania card looking like
    goldberg vs brock main event
    roman vs taker universal title
    orton vs bray wyatt wwe championship
    aj styles vs shane mcmahon
    maybe cena vs joe
    charlotte vs sasha vs nia jax vs bayley
    owens vs jericho us title
    show vs shaq
    triple h vs seth

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Wyatt as champion would be interesting to see, especially since Vince keeps jobbing him out at Mania.

But it is a shame to see Ambrose, the most over guy on the roster, not be awarded with a top tier match.

9. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I like both Wyatt and Orton, but this is a match I can't see main eventing. Nor do I see it getting the best reaction from the crowd. Their first match wasn't that great either.

Add that Wyatt has been jobbed out for so long, even though he's had a strong last few months.

There's not a strong Wrestling match on the entire card so far.

10. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Is Ambrose that over anymore? I thought people were bored of him by now?

11. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I've come to the conclusion that I want Minoru Suzuki to face all the big stars in WWE and make them cry.

Doing it with a big bottle of Jack Daniels at Ring side.

12. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I really hope that that's not the card. Because it sounds pretty bad.

Also I was surprised that Sasha go t bumped to the pre-show at the RR, but then I remembered that:

1. Vince apparently doesn't think nearly as high of her as many others do, and her feuds with Charlotte and Nia seem to support that idea.

2. The SD women got stuck with a random six person tag match, also on the pre-show. And that's is, no big match for them at all.

Oh and in case you missed it, the Monster's Ball match between Jade and Rosemary on Impact last night was great.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

No, he is still over. When he makes an effort, the crowd loves him.

14. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    That's a pretty big "when".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-2 likes this.
  15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ambrose was hurt by the brand divide. He had a few very strong matches to begin 2016, with Owens, Jericho, and especially with HHH - but he does not work particularly well with the main guys on Smackdown. If they're going to keep him there (I've advocated for swapping Dean and Seth since very early on), I think he should feud with Bray - they've done it before, and it wasn't bad.

He and AJ don't work well together, and he and Miz are even worse. Not criticizing any of them, the styles just don't match up.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He got a really nice reception on the last episode. The crowd was really into him.

17. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Just in case there were some still doing everything in their power to try not to believe that Omega is staying in NJPW.

Juliet316 and DanielUK like this.
  18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'm not in the WWE loop but I find it hard to imagine Ambrose being more over than Lesnar or Goldburg or Taker or Cena... In terms of main eventing, even if he was the most popular midcarder or top card underdog there's still the problem that his weedy brawler repertoire is on the small side, and that awful rope bounce spot...

I'd assume if you can't have a good match with AJ Styles then something must be badly wrong.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I honestly cannot see Gedo putting the IWGP title on Omega, if he is only signing a one year deal. NJPW will want at least two years from him.

20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, Ambrose is a dictionary definition midcarder. His WWE Championship reign was hindered by the brand split, but he still didn't really do anything with it. He's not been booked especially well, but I don't think much of his character and his moveset is poor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In all honesty, we all agree Ambrose's title reign was only due to Reigns wellness violation and a bridge to Styles.

His SummerSlam match with Zigger was a god awful - and I say that as a huge fan of Dean.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I can easily see it. AJ worked with out a contract and got the IWGP title.

I expect the same thing here. He'll get it before or by June and probably carry it at the most by October.

I fully expect Naito vs Okada next year at the Dome.

I think you're looking at from the perceptive of how Vince does business.

23. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    the most over in wwe atm is goldberg and aj styles. ambrose does get good reactions but he is kind of similar to orton in that at his best he is great but he gets bored easily. i just really want to see orton feud with styles.

would enjoy seeing braun wrestle ambrose at mania

24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Yeah, Ambrose doesn't do much for me either. He's popular, but not a main event guy.

And it's up in the air if he'll show up for a big match.

Granted I scratch my head at quite a few who people claim are worth watching.

Strowman: go ahead and push him to the moon. Consider him over. Watch him get exposed.

Miz: great on the Mike. Would make an excellent manager. I go sleepy time when he wrestles.

Jericho: legend. Great wrestler. Was never a top guy. Has lost quite a few steps as he's gotten older. His matches with AJ were decent at best and he botches a lot.

Alex bliss: pretty face. Already been exposed in longer matches.

Becky: Great performer. Not a top girl. She's a chaser, not a champ.

Corbin: head scratcher here. Works hard, but so do washing machines.

Wyatt: had it. It was taken away. Either way he's not a big match guy.

V-2 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm really excited for both tonight's NXT card and the Rumble tomorrow.

Should be new beltholders for both the NXT Men's and Women's titles. As for the main roster, felt that the last few months have been really stagnant, and am hopeful that storylines will reinvigorate leading to Mania.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.