main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

V-2 likes this.
  2. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    looking like the hardys are going back to wwe. and galloway has left tna

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Big shame about Drew. Big shame. I wasn't impressed with him at first but he really grew on me.

I'm sceptical about the Hardys going to WWE. Matt talks about going there to win the tag belts on Impact itself, so maybe (just maybe) they will eventually do some sort of special event (maybe with NXT rather than WWE-proper), but it's said that Matt and Jeff are earning more away from WWE than they could if they were tied to them - and you just know WWE would want full creative control and ownership of their gimmicks too.

Anthem are said to be stricter on the creative control side of things than Dixie was, but what the Hardys are doing now seems like a natural continuation of what they were doing before. I don't see a massive push factor in that respect.

IDK, I'll believe it when I see it, I suppose.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Hardy's are leaving TNA. Expected to come to WWE; will be fascinating to see if Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero gimmicks will be used.

6. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Anthem is cleaning house pretty much. Which you can't blame them. Long term this is probably smart.

Hardy's wanted creative control. Anthem said no. Hardy's lawyer said that other promotions want them, Anthem said, "Then tell them to go to WWE."

This pissed Jeff off, and this is why he didn't resign. Matt was still leaning, but the contract they gave him would have been stupid for him to sign. No creative control, and 10% of whatever he got working the Indy scene.

Thus it looks like MacMahon money is the best option for them. If the Broken Matt gimmick is at least tried in WWE, which I think it will, you have to question it's success.

Anything Vince didn't create he doesn't know how to use.

7. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Fight Network have apparently said Hardy's are banned from TV (due to no contract or agreement) and, it seems, will be stripped of the titles.
    Matt's wife has taken to Twitter and more or less confirmed this and unloaded on TNA.

NJPW released a new family portrait

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and DarthMane2 like this.
  8. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Whoah.

9. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    tna is screwed no hardy's and galloway. no one cares about moose/lashley or mike bennett

10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    There would still be a lot of entertaining people on the TNA roster without the Hardys and Galloway, and potential cash to invest in new talent (if this whole thing isn't just a cost saving enterprise). Matt has been saying he wants to retire for a long time anyway.

Still though, I really hope this is a work. ;)

11. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    mike bennett and maria gone from tna now as well so they have lost galloway/the hardy's/the miracle and maria in the span of a week. they are the laughing stock of the industry

actually enjoyed that orton/wyatt segment where he burnt abigails body to taunt bray

reby has confirmed the hardy's are joining wwe

tna were paying per episode but now they want to pay per date so if you film 4 episodes of impact you get paid once instead of 4 times like you got before. they also want 10% of all the bookings you get. no wonder people are leaving left right and center

12. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    TNA want a "younger" roster.

That Miz and Cena section last night was golden.

13. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    tna want to bring back matt morgan and magnus and also offered ryback a deal who knocked them back

so they are willing to lose the hardy's/galloway/maria and benett for magnus and matt morgan lol

14. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Magnus is awesome tbf.

I'm inclined to think the Hardys stuff is a work to allow them to appear in other promotions, though it might be cost effective to be rid of them (their productions cost money and don't generate viewing figures).

Reby's comments seem crazy, especially the part where she says Dixie knew how to talk to people.

15. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

16. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Not surprised Swagger has gone.
    Honestly forgot he was still around and, shock horror, was once World Champion (!)

17. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Was Swagger one of Zeb's racist stable?

18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    this Orton vs Wyatt **** is getting stupid.

How do you give up a title shot, and then just get to ask for it back? This makes Orton look like a ****. It was going to be stupid even if they decided on the Harper 3 way.

Orton gave it up. The authority went through the process of finding a new contender. AJ is now that contender. Kayfade, no promoter on Earth would just give Orton his title shot back. They'd either say sorry or make him wait until after Mania.

One of two things is a possibility. Neither of which leads to any 3 way at Mania.

1. They do Orton vs AJ on Smackdown. Cool. Awesome. The match we should have gotten at Mania.

2. Shane denies AJ his shot, since Orton has asked for it back. Which actually makes AJ looks like the correct party in that scenario.

19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

WWE is still attempting to put titles on people nobody will ever remember.

Not shocked. Decent Wrestler though. If he was smart he'd start over in the Dojo like Juice did, but I doubt it. He'll find his way to IMPACT probably.

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    He hinted at MMA.

Ryback has apparently rejected IMPACT lol Seriously, this guy is too in love with himself.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Which I'm glad. IMPACT should stay away from former WWE stars if they can. Especially if they want a more old school workrate product. Nothing against these guys, but you can tell the difference between guys trained around the world and those trained in the PC pretty quickly.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    TNA back on UK TV.

FFS.

V-2 likes this.
  23. bizzbizz

Dec 16, 2015
    so impact have signed alberto el patron and have made him world champion having him beat lashley in a dusty finish with 2 refs arguing over who is the champ. really they hit the reset button and then do this the company never learns

draw73 likes this.
  24. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

they should have sold it to corgan but whatever.

i'm just glad kurt angle will be wrestling for wwe again how many matches i have no bloody idea. plus with the hardy's being around mania that weekend speculation is mania return . i still want a samoa joe vs hhh feud sometime in the future after this whole i am loyal to hhh bs because i think both men can work great together . . i am terrified about this aj styles vs shane rumor because i am sorry thats just fn horrible expecially to a talent like aj

V-2 likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Shawn Michaels wrestled Vince and Shane numerous times.

Nobody cared back then.

26. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    raising my had over here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.