main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    From what I can tell, if you asked Vinnie Mac what was going to kappen next, he'd quote Indiana Jones;

"I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

The whole ECW thing was thought up late last week just as a way to generate more iunterest in WWF vs. WCW because, no matter who owns it, WCW still sucks. Especailly since noone cares about Pulumbo & O'Haire. People want to see Flair, Nash, Hall, Sting Goldberg, Bret Hart, etc.

2. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey guys, great to see so many other wrestling fans on the boards. :)

One thing I'm not happy with is that they chose to make Stephanie owner of the ECW rather than Mick Foley or Paul Heyman.

I can't wait to see what RVD and Tommy Dreamer look like wrestling in a WWF ring. I hope that The Sandman joins them, and Steve Corino.

3. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    E C DUB! E C DUB!

Yeah it's great to see so many wrestling fans on a SW board. :) Anyways, I only managed to see a few ECW matches, as their shows were on late on Mondays over here in UK and I'm still at school...but what I saw was pretty darn good. The crowds were small but very vocal, and there was a lot more interaction and excitement. I liked it. Heyman's a great personality, and I agree he'll probably turn on Steph with the rest of ECW and kick her out, and ECW will probably try to take over WCW once the Invasion of WWF is over.

4. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    Yeah, it is good to know. But a few things I dont like. Sandman, I seriously doubt, will get a contract. The WWF, has a thing about being a hardass when it comes ot wrestler's with "pasts" as we know, Sandman has a historry of bad behavior. I would love to see him again though. As well as New Jack. Now he was a bad mutha...I better shut my mouf.

secondly, all the WWF wreslter's are hard-asses. They think they are better because they are in the WWF. And most of these guys who show up to take out WCW in the TV shows are crappy half-ass wrestlers who have a bad win loss record. Like who the heck is APA to say they are better? Esa Rios? Kai Entai? You see them say that the WCW is not gonna ride their glory. What glory?!?!?!?!?!

Thirdly, there are reports that Undertaker blew a WCW wrestler off becuase he failed to introduce himself earlier. Undertaker, get over yourself. You got maybe a year left in your tank. i say enjoy while you can still have wins wrote into the storylines.

I thought that Steph buying ECW was a good story arc, besides she was looking for work while HHH was in rhabilitation.(by the way, I was at that taping in Birmingham AL, my home state. WHUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA).

Lastly, I love ECW. ECW is wrestling, no crappy storylines, the ones that they did have were good. No crapy hard ass sellouts. REAL wrestling.

5. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hey, anakin_skywalker_sct! I didn't know you were a wrestling fan! Cool! :cool:.

Y'know what I would like to see (though it will never happen)?

Bret Hart makes a surprising return as the commissioner of ECWCW (since he can't wrestler).

Imagine the look on Vince's face. But, alas, it will never happen :(

6. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    Yeah seeing as Bret was offered a contract, adn turned it down.

How does that sit witcha?

7. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    That was just rumor. It could be true, seeing as how the WWF ratings are down, and the WWF often sends out "feelers" to see if a party is interested.

But it was pretty much believed that the whole story was a hoax perpetrated by the WWF in order to boost slacking ratings.

Maybe the impossible will happen someday, and the Hitman will return to some sort of wrestling role (even if it is no-wrestling).

8. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    ECW should just turn on the McMahons period.
    Shane, while he takes the bumps from hell, should stick to WCW and only WCW.
    Steph, while she looks good when she doen't go for the sl*t look, just shouldn't be on TV. And for Vince it's kinda obvious.

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Smackdown! is on in under 30 min. woohoo!

10. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Jimmy cracked corn and I don't care!!

11. Obi_Wan_13

Obi_Wan_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2001
    Seph is extreme, if you know what I mean. :D

12. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Since this is more than discussion about the Invasion, what girl is the most attractive in any promotion. I'd have to go with Lita. Yum.

13. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    Trish, her booty is rotund ;)

But, I fell in love with Terri a loooooong time ago.

I also like Torri Wilson

14. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I think this is a great angle going into Invasion, but when it's all said and done ECW and WCW will simply remain factions within the WWF. I love WCW, but the combined WCW and ECW roster doesn't even have the drawing power of Kurt Angle, much less Steve Austin, Triple H, or The Rock. The ECW stars will be remembered by WWF fans as low mid carders. The only WCW wrestlers the WWF fans even care about are has-beens, and the guys they've got now are never-will-be's. No matter how much talent the fans see in a guy like Shane(ugh, I mean Gregory) Helms or a Sean O'Haire they'll still see them as lower than even WWF jobbers. Hopefully the WWF will reorganize WCW and ECW into a more wrestling-oriented product, as opposed to McMahon and Family part 120124092943530495.....

15. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    Austin singin Kum-bay-frikkin=ya? That is frikkin hilarious

16. G-Dub

G-Dub Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2001
    Wow! The wrestling marks are coming out of the JC woodwork. I love it!

I agree with everyone that has expressed the obvious: that McMahon's do not belong on television. Next thing you know, Vince will book himself into the main event...AGAIN!!

Jim Cornet once said, "Wrestling fans, tuning into a wrestling program, want to see wrestlers, wrestle." This may be an oversimplification, but the fact remains the same. Enough with B.S. storylines. Enough with an hour and a half or promos on RAW. Put guys like Tajiri, Chris Jericho, and Lance Storm in the ring and let them work. Now that's wrestling!

And to answer the wrestling chick question, I've had a thing for Molly Holly for some time now. I don't quite know why. However my favorite of all time is Torrie Wilson. No that she's coming back, I am very, VERY happy.

17. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Also another chick I enjoy to see "shake, shake, shake" is Molly. She has that girl next door look down.

18. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    My favorite woman in wrestling is Molly Holly. She's got a nice ass, and she's the best female wrestler in the WWF, IMO.

19. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    I agree Saint. Molly has an ass like Trish. But a few weeks ago, the people at WWf told molly to lose weight because her *drumroll* ass was too fat!

I think they should be shot!

20. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah. People are tired of the "starving supermodel" look. Big butts are in! :D

21. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Last night's Smackdown was really good. ECW has really inserted new life into the invasion angle. They have the cult following that WCW doesn't seem to have.

22. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    At one point WCW had higher ratings than Raw, but ECW, the least viewed promotion, has a bigger fan following. No matter who owns it, WCW SUCKS.

WCW/ECW will be getting their own show in the next few months, and word is it'll be the monday show on TNN, currently known as WWF Raw.

Also, some WWF stars will be going to WCW/ECW to liven it up some.

And Dawn Marie is the best lookin' woman in pro rasslin'.

23. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Hhmmm...I don't know who the hottest woman is. I need to see the bra/panty match on Sunday!

SHARKY

24. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    I am getting that PPV! I am gonna tape that match, adn watch it over adn over..... well you get the point

25. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    I am thoroughly disgusted with things like bra&panties matches. Not that I don't like seeing scantily clad women, but a wrestling ring is not the place for it.
    I guess I'm just old-school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.