Arena WWE/TNA (Pro Wrestling) Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

1. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, they should've brought back the old Undertaker!! REST IN PEACE!!

Who else is pumped for RVD vs. Jeff Hardy? This has potential for the match of the year. This is probably why they gave Jeff the Hardcore title, so RVD can use all of his trademark moves. If WWF marks think Jeff is a high-flyer they're in for a surprise.

Come on, chant with me!

WHOLE F'N SHOW!! WHOLE F'N SHOW!! WHOLE F'N SHOW!!
  2. Bash Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ...WHOLE F'N SHOW, WHOLE F'N SHOW, WHOLE F'N SHOW...

I agree with you wild_karrde. All the fans who don't know anything about RVD are going to be amazed by him. I wonder how Jeff Hardy feels, knowing he's going to get upstaged for once :D

I want to know where Bill Alfonso is...
  3. anakin_skywalker_sct Force Ghost

star 5
    Wait a sec, I've been thinking...what's the difference between Austin now and when he was a heel? Austin as a heel....brutally attacked and beat up people. Austin now....brutally attacks and beats up people. There's NO difference between the "old" Austin and the previous version. None at all! Except that Cole and JR drool over him appearing. They sound like really lame marks, to be honest...
  4. Ecstacy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The difference is that he is really funny playing a bad guy and we're all having a great time watching him being a goofball.

I think people are tired of the 1-dimensional old Stone Cold.
  5. Bash Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yeah, but the heel Stone Cold does it so much better! :)
  6. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Last I heard, Fonzie was doing something with Hogan's new promotion. Too bad.

Maybe RVD will beat up Jeff Hardy for stealing half his moves ("Poetry in Motion")
  7. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    "Hogan's new promotion"

:eek: Oh Gob no!!! :eek:
  8. PowerfulJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I still say the best wrestler in all the business is HHH.
  9. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
    HHH is just that damn good. Too bad he's out of action for the Invasion.

Even from what little I saw of him on RAW, I was highly impressed with RVD. Jeff Hardy is gonna get a butt-whoopin.

Kurt Angle destroying Raven was excellent. Looks like Angle does think he's ready to lead the WWF at Invasion.

As far as Austin goes, fact it people, the entire WWF roster of wrestlers are all faces now. Especially when going up against WCW wrestlers. Hell, even Angle gets cheered now, and only a few weeks ago he would get booed out of the arena. Oh it's true, it's true.

And without HHH or the Rock to bolster the lineup, I can see why they brought back the Rattlesnake. (though I hope he doesn't stay around)
  10. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone know the Smackdown spoilers yet?

Hardy and Van Dam will be awesome. Was anyone else annoyed with Ross and Cole (together they are a lousy team. Bring back Lawler!) constant mentioning of Austin? Man, that was annoying. Now JR is suddenly going to be friends with him again. I hear after the card went off the air, Team WWF beat the crap out of Dreamer while drinking beer. Austin and JR downed one as well. This was on pwtorch "After Raw" report.

Raw did a 5 in the ratings. The first time in a while.
  11. Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I went to Judgement Day in Sac a 2 months ago, right in the middle of Austin's big heel turn, and he still got a huge pop, not heat.

He never was really over as a heel, and yep, now the whole WWF has gone face. I mean, did you hear the cheers for Kurt Angle during his match w/ Raven, huge babyface cheers. One of the biggest heels in the wwf getting face pops. Weird.

I think that Vince should kill the whole WCW and just keep ECW going, cause lets face it, WCW sucks.
  12. Darth Shaft Jedi Master

star 1
    Just to clear the air a little:

1)Steph did have facial and... ahem...mammarial surgery. Remember when HHH (i think) hit her with the garbage can and she went away for 2 months? She had the Chyna surgery.

2)WWF will continue to use the ECW logo/trademark without fear of legal repercussions. According to Hyatte @ 411 wrestling, no legal procedings have been started. In fact, aside from Acclaim Entertainment, the WWF is ECW's largest creditor.

3)Tajiri needs to wrestle more,IMO. Every match I ever saw him in for ECW was one of the greatest matches of all time.
  13. Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with you on the Tajiri thing, Darth Shaft.

14. 1stAD Jedi Youngling

star 5
    You can't spell overrated without R V D...Jeff Hardy vs. RVD promises to be nothing more than a mindless spotfest.
  15. Darth Shaft Jedi Master

star 1
  16. Kesel Jedi Master

star 4
    >SPOILERS FOR SMACKDOWN<
    This is just a quick run down of the matches. For a complete preview, head on over to www.wrestlezone.com

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chris Jericho
    No contest

Lance Storm vs. Christian
    Christian wins after a spear by Edge.

Dudleys+Taz vs. Taker+Kane+Tajiri
    Taker+Kane+Tajiri defeat team ECW.

Bradshaw vs. Sean O'Haire
    Bradshaw wins with the clothesline from hell.

Jeff Hardy + X-Pac vs. Rob Van Dam + Billy Kidman
    Kidman pins X-Pac for the 1-2-3.

Rhyno + Booker T vs. Kurt Angle + Stone Cold
    No contest
  17. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    looks like a nice show this upcoming Thursday.
  18. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Smackdown defintiely ends on a high note for wecw fans. And they do get some revenge on Austin.
  19. Bash Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Stephanie did not have any kind of surgery on her face or her breats!!! [face_laugh] I don't know where you got that info from Darth Shaft but it's totally inaccurate! Just for the record, it was British Bulldog who hit her with the trash can. ;) :p

Tajiri should definitely wrestler more. Although, the gimmick they've put him in is a very good one.
  20. anakin_skywalker_sct Force Ghost

star 5
  21. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I agree. She looks different then when she first showed up on tv but I contribute that to aging and makeup. When we saw her on Tough Enough without her makeup she didn't look that great.
  22. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    RVD is on Smackdown!!!!!

WHOLE F'N SHOW! WHOLE F'N SHOW! WHOLE F'N SHOW!

only like 40 more minutes for me!!
  23. Kesel Jedi Master

star 4
    Good showing by RVD. Out of all the guys in WCW/ECW, I see the fans getting behind RVD the most. Should be a good match between him and Jeff Hardy at Invasion.
  24. Darth Pipes Force Ghost

star 5
  25. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    After watching smackdown I gotta say it sure looks like Steph got some enhancements.

And what's up with DDP's obession with other men's wives?

Good showing by RVD, and nice ending. Good show.