main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    i agree, but we all know, that if it was ECW rules, RVD wouldnt have been dominated like that. I personally have a rpoblem with the WWF writers writing in that all ECWCW wrestlers lose their matches.

We know RVD would have dont a lot more than,but it was still a good showing.

WHOLE F"N SHOW!!!

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I think the only reason they gave Jeff Hardy the HC title was for this match, so WWF fans could see RVD at his best.

At wwf.com they have a story about RVD & JH's first match during the first ECW Invasion in 1997.

Anyone else notice RVD was a bit shaky on the ropes? That's because WWF doesn't tighten them as much as WCW and ECW. Hopefully this won't affect the Van-Terminator or leaps into the crowd.

WHOLE F'N SHOW!! WHOLE F'N SHOW!! WHOLE F'N SHOW!!

3. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I like the ECW/WCW angle too, problem I have with it is they're treating it ridiculously. Yeah I know it's fake, but c'mon, they're treating ECW/WCW like they're separate entities when they're not. But it has been good for business so far, so keep it up Vince!

4. Ecstacy

Ecstacy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    I would have preferred it if ECW was against WCW and the WWF, and not align themselves with the goofballs of WCW. I think the real reason that Vince decided to have ECW align themselves with the losers of the WCW is because he was afraid that ECW would become more popular that WWF, and that the WWF fans would turn on the WWF.

I also liked it when Kurt Angle and Stone Cold were bad guys. They seemed a lot cooler when they were booed.

5. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    Bad guys are always cooler.

6. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Steph has definitely not had any enhancements, of any kind. Can you say push up bras? :D

The ending to Smackdown was awful - the WWF have used that "a heel wrestler kidnapping/abducting/assaulting the face wrestler's wife/girlfriend/mother/daughter" gimmick so much now. It's stupid.

7. Ecstacy

Ecstacy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2001
    Did you see Steph's rack on Smackdown? I haven't seen Smackdown in 3 weeks but it definately got BIGGER.

8. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    "Steph did have facial and... ahem...mammarial surgery." (back a page)

I thought the same thing when I saw Smack Down last week...i mean really she looked Alot more top heavy for some reason.

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    If that's just a bra it really is a miracle bra.

10. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    What matches have been announced for invasion?
    So far I've heard:
    RVD vs Jeff Hardy :D
    Taz vs Tajiri :D
    Trish/Lita vs Tori/Stacy [face_plain]
    X-Pac vs Kidman :)
    Ausitin/Jericho/Kane/Angle/Undertaker vs [I forget who is representing the other team] ?[face_plain]

11. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Maybe she's been lifting weights and her pecs have just gotten huge.

12. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Nah, its just cos she's not been on TV in a while, you forgot what she looks like.

13. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    1. APA v. Pulumbo & O'Haire
    2. Lita/Trish v. Keibler/Wilson
    3. Earl Hebner v. Nick Patrick
    4. X-Pac v. Kidman
    5. Tazz v. Tajiri
    6. RVD v. Jeff Hardy (WWF HardCore Title Match)
    7. Austin/Angle/Y2J/Kane/Taker v. Booker T/DDP/Rhyno/Dudly Boyz

14. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Van Dam and Hardy will be awesome. Van Damm still should have been in the main event though. There are too many former WWF stars representing WCW/ECW.

Anyone think Austin will defect? Given the current state of WWF, I really have my doubts.

15. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    Who is gettin the PPV? I sure as shooting am. This is gonna be one of the best PPv's of all time, I have been waiting forever for WWFvsWCW, and now ECW? WOW.

Fav match, I like the Tajirri Tazz match. But I think Tajirri is gonna turn.

Van Dam versus Hardy? Match of the year, I guarantee it.

Lita Trish, versus, Tori, and Stacy? I am taping it ;)

16. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Mikey Whipwreck should come out to help Tajiri!! That would be hilarious!!

17. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Here are my predictions:

Hebner vs. Patrick
    Who's going to referee this one? I'll go with Hebner.

Tazz vs. Tajiri

It makes sense for Tajiri to win thanks to Regal so I'll go with Tazz.

X-Pac vs. Kidman

X-Pac might win with Albert's help or Kidman might win with Credible's help. I'll go with Kidman. Either way, us X-Factor fans lose.

E&C vs. Team Canada

Team Canada after E&C fianlly break up and Christain joins WCW/ECW.

APA vs. Palumbo/O'Haire

APA

RVD vs. Hardy

The whole f'n show.

Ladies Match

Trish and Lita

Inagural brawl

WCW/ECW

18. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    OK, here's my predictions.

WWF hardcore title match - Jeff Hardy vs. Rob Van Dam
    Should be one of the greatest spectacles of a wrestling match ever. Expect high flying, high speed action. RVD should win the title in my opinion, just to ensure he's on WWF TV for a little while longer if nothing else, and I think that that is what will happen. After his disastorous Mr Monday Night gimmick back in the early 1990s, RVD wouldn't have agreed to return to the WWF unless they had something good in mind for him. I personally would have preferred the Hardys vs. RVD and Tommy Dreamer, but there you go.
    Winner Rob Van Dam (new WWF hardcore champion)

Lance Storm and Mike "totally not" Awesome vs. Bill & Ted :D
    Should be one of the best matches of the night. I like Storm and Awesome a lot. The singles matches between these two teams last week were very entertaining, particularly Storm/Christian. Hard one to call but I'll go with Storm/Awesome. I quite like the idea that Ret had of Christain joining WCW/ECW though.
    Winners Lance Storm and Mike Awesome

Tazz vs. Tajiri
    Thisa is the match I'm personally most looking forward to. I love Tajiri, but I'm a little upset that he just gets used to look like a human punch bag a lot of the time. Tazz I love too, and it's great to see him in the ring fighting a lot more now. I have a suspicion that Regal might turen on Tajiri and the WWF and become WCW commissioner in this match. I hope it doesn't happen, as I've been getting kicks out of all the WWF heels (E&C, Regal, Angle etc.) getting pops, but I think it might.
    Winner Tajiri

Tag team champions match: The Acolytes vs. Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo
    The first thing I think of when I look at this match is...boring. It's had little hype other than the singles matches that took place last week, and they were terrible. In the ring with two well put together athletes like O'Haire and Palumbo, Bradshaw and Farooq just look old and out of shape. I also have a bit of a problem with Bradshaw being able to take a guy like O'Haire out with a clothesline, even if it is "from hell". O'Haire and Palumbo deserve to win this, and I think they will.
    Winners Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo

Referees match: Earl Hebner vs. Nick Patrick
    This match is either a work of genius or feckin stupid. I'm not sure if I like the idea of heel referees either because it does seem to be something that just takes time away from other proper matches. I also have a suspicion that this match won't go ahead, like something will happen and both refs will get knocked out or something, something big. But then again, if Gerald Brisco vs. Pat Patterson oin a bra and panties hardcore title match can happen, then I guess anything can. :)
    Winner Earl Hebner

Lightheavyweight vs. Cruiserweight: X-Pac vs. Billy Kidman
    On paper, not a very attractive match either. However, I do believe that Pac and Kidman have the ability to pull off something spectacular here. It's funny how the WWF have totally ignored the fact that Justoin Credible turned his back on Albert and Pac, and that Pac doesn't seem to have much of a problem with it. Under normal circumstances, it would (and perhaps should) be Pac fighting Credible in this match.
    Winner X-Pac

Bra and panties tag team match: Torrie Wilson and Stacey Kiebler vs. Lita and Trish Stratus
    Half of me is old-school, and says "wrestling isn't the place for a blatant t&a display such as this" but then the other half of me takes one look at Torrie Wilson and says "woo hoo!!!" :D Torrie and particularly Stacey are not wrestlers, so I hope the match is kept relatively short for their sake, otherwise the crowd will be all over them. Trish looks like a better wreslter each and every week (although I no longer find her attractive AT ALL) and Lita will no doubt bore us all with her two-move -show. At the end of the day, the combo of Stacey and Torrie are more willing to remove their clothes, whereas Lita and Trish are taken more seriously

19. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Is anybody watching it?

If so, can we get an update?

SHARKY

20. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Austin betrayed WWF and helped WCW/ECW beat WWF. Looks like this set's up the Rock's return.

Van Dam beat Jeff Hardy for the Hardcore belt in a pretty good match.

21. Master_JoshuaWindu

Apr 21, 2001
    I loved that camera view they had when Trish took Tori;s pants off :D

I told my mom when it began austin would turn, thus leading up to the big RockvAustin match at Summerslam.

The VanDam vHardy match was frikkin awesome, the best match of the night

The end, the inaugural brawl, it was an awesome match in its own right. Though i kept hoping for Goldberg to come out. Even though I knew he wouldnt.

22. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Austin 3:16 says I just sold out!

23. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    WHOLE F'N SHOW!

WHOLE F'N SHOW!

WHOLE F'N SHOW!

It was great watching RVD and Jeff Hardy go head to head and see who could pull off the best moves. I've seen Jeff do better in the TLC matches, but this match was very good.

I almost died when Michael Cole said during the bra and panties match, "Why the hell am I calling out the wrestling moves?"

Best line of the night.

Biggest screw-up of the night was Christian not quite making it over the top rope.

Best near screw-up was Trish and Lita almost backing into the pit created by the merging ramps. I thought for sure that Trish would fall in.

24. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    Very good PPV IMO.

RVD/Jeff Hardy match stole the show, very solid match.

Bra and Panties match? Whatever, it was so lame. At least I had time to take a leak and grab a beer, although I could have cared less for the last match, I was expecting much better, it was a let down after the whole F'n show dominated!!!

I'd like to let everyone know that Earl Hebner rocks!!!

Best line of the night?
    Kurt Angle: "Enough with this Americana B*******!!!!"

Nice ending, setting up the Rock's triumphant return.

Austin 3:16 say I just sold out! And that's the bottom line....

25. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Up!

SHARKY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.