main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Pro Wrestling Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by wild_karrde, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    KURT ANGLE

Where are your gold medals?

2. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    When WWF bought WCW they also bought out 20 some contracts. Kid Kash was one of them, even though he only had 2 matches in WCW before it closed. WWF still has the rights to him and about 10 others that they haven't used, and they plan on releasing some of them soon. I just hope they hold on to Kash. He is amazing. Almost as good as RVD.

3. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Best wrestler is without a doubt: RVD, the whole f'n show.

4. sharkdawg

sharkdawg Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I don't really like RVD.

I say either HHH, Angle, Goldberg, or Nash.

SHARKY

5. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    I got to agree with you guys, it certainly looks like Steph has had implants. Wow, I'm shocked that Vince let her go ahead and do that.

WWF has Kid Kash under contract for definite. Others include Elix Skipper, Kid Romeo, Kwee Wee, Jung Dragons, Three Count and EZ Money.

The WWF should do something about Jerry Lynn - they need to get him over. His matches with RVD in ECW were some of the greatest wrestling matches ever. I would love to see that match at Summerslam, for the hardcore titlre, but it will not happen unless Lynn gets a push sometime soon. Not that RVD against Tajiri will be a bad match, though.

As for best wrestler, well, I'd have to say Rob Van Dam - he can do it all. Kurt Angle comes in at a close second, with honourbale mention going to Chris Benoit.

Best entertainder is certainly Rock. Sure, he's a terrible wrestler, but it's the way he moves in the ring, and the way in which he plays to the crowd that makes him so damn good. Believe or not, they don't call him the most electrifying man in sports entertainment for nothing. The same went for Jake Roberts - he always looked out of shapoe and was never a good wrestler but it was his ring psychology that made him so damn entertaining. And I don't think there'sd any chance that Rock will jump to WCW/ECW. He'll come out on Raw and say something about how both feds can stick their offers up their candyasses because the Rock belongs to the people. It has to happen! :D

As for best diva - there's only one as far as I'm concerned, and that's Molly Holly. She's like a female Chris Benoit in that she can just about do everything - highflkyer, mat expert, good on the mic, looks good. Sure, Lita has the best hurricanrana in the business but other than that she's pretty crap. Torrie Wilson isa the bomb as fcar as looks go, but when it copmesto wrestling, she's awful.

6. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    They should bring in the Jung dragons and do an angle with Kaientai even if they only wrestle on jakked and metal it would be good.

7. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    The best wrestler is HHH.

He never has a bad match, and always makes his opponent look good (often carrying them to a good match).

From what little I've seen of RVD so far, he's great at hitting spots, but I can't say yet whether his entire matches are consistently top notch or not.

Lita is definitely the top woman in the WWF, although Molly is a more accomplished mat wrestler.

IMO, the wrestler who's improved the most lately is Albert. Of course that's because he absolutely sucked before and could only go up, but lately he's put on some solid matches. Now if only he could get a charisma transplant.

8. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    GOLDBERG

He is the best. He had Charisma, the fans loved him. He was good on the mic, he was totally dominant. He is my favorite wrestler, so He is the best.

9. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    RVD. If anyone doubts that he's the whole f'n show, just check out some old ECW matches.

10. Bash

Bash Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Goldberg? You're joking, right?

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    What about Chris Jericho? He rocks, charismatic, funny, and a great wrestler. Goldberg, HA!!! Okay, I'll give him his credit, he might have been great had he not been an @$$. yes, he was an @$$ behind the scenes.

12. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
    Jericho is alright, but I actually think HHH is the best WRESTLER.

Anyway, tonight @ 9!

SHARKY

13. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Finally the Rock comes back to Raw!!!!

I'm not a Rock fan but it's still a big deal.

14. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Do you smell what the Rock is cookin?

the 3rd persn stuff gets old, but he's hilarious.

GO ROCKY!!!!

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    RVD vs. Tajiri tonight for the HC title!!!

16. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    Seriously?

*runs to find a blank tape*

Also, its rumoured the Rock will be a guest ref for an Austin vs Angle match. Which ever one he turns on will be who he chooses not to side with.

17. MickFoley

MickFoley Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 25, 2000
    Angle is GOD.

18. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
    Angle is awesome, but he isn't fighting Austin tonight, he's fighting Booker T. for the WCW title.

SHARKY

19. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    I saw Jerry Lynn job to a jobber on Metal. :(

20. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    Yeah Jindrak beat him. Awful match.

I predict that the Rock will show up at the end of the Angle vs. Booker T match and lay both of them out. Booker and then Angle. Booker will then crawl on top of Angle for the win. They won't reveal which side he'll be with tonight.

Oh and RVD better not lose to Tajiri.

21. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Best wrestler: RVD
    best entertainer: RVD! He had the crowd eating out of his and he didn't have to say a word.

22. sharkdawg

Jul 16, 2000
    Rock comes out, lays out Vince.

Shane runs around the ring like an idiot, Rock lays him out, gives him the People's Elbow.

And then...

"Finally, The Rock has come BACK!!...to the WWF!"

SHARKY

23. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
  24. heavygear6

heavygear6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2001
    I'm not bashing, cause you said not to, so I'm asking:

How the HELL can anyone watch that CRAP !!! It's FAKE, they've admitted it's FAKE. They've taken camera's inside the gym and showed you it's FAKE. And don't go telling me so's star wars. There's a big difference between science fiction/fantasy and; a bunch of sweaty meatheads dancing around a spring loaded ring stomping there feat and yelling at the crowd. You wanna watch a REAL fighting sport watch BOXING. If not, then go watch some REAL WRESTLING at yer local HIGH SCHOOL.

25. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    Here's a newsflash....movies are fake. Fiction is fake. Cartoons are fake.

Wrestling is soap opera for guys. The stunts are incredible, and the wrestlers put their lives on the line all the time. It's a spectacle. It's funny. It's exciting.And there's hotties!

What do you watch? 7th Heaven? Dr. Quinn? Or maybe you watch the soap with the midget and the witches? Or Sabrina? At least wrestling is up front about how ridiculous it is, and pokes fun of itself, while continuing to raise the bar for entertainment by taking bigger and bigger risks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.