main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC WWE

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MaraBaccaWindu, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraBaccaWindu

MaraBaccaWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Well I just thought that I would open up a topic to see if anybody is interested in talking about WWE wrestling. Like it, love it, watch Raw and or Smackdown religously, can't wait for HBK to kick Hogan's booty (or vice versa?) Then talk about it here.

I'm betting that the first person to post is going to MasterYoda or TrueRevanite.

2. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    I used to watch it back in the 90's but ever since WWF acquired WCW and later became WWE the plot lines fell to the way side. I got so sick of the main event rolling out at the very end of the night only to degenerate into "Who will be coming out to interfere tonight?" I stopped watching it when they stopped having any clear cut contest. Some interference is needed to drive plot lines and build suspense but not every match.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

3. TrueRevanite

TrueRevanite Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2004
    I've been watching it pretty regularly since the early 90's and a little before. I think they hit a long dry period after acquiring WCW, but they have really started to hit another stride. The writing is back to what it used to be and the performers now are pretty damn good.

The best story going right now is HBK/Hogan. Vince is letting HBK say what the hell he wants like he did when Shawn starteed DX. Shawn is taking that freedom to rip Hogan a new one... claiming that Hogan has screwed the fans all these years... only wanting to wrestle the big towns... doing the same old tired routine every night, both finishers and and celebrations, etc.... that as long as he has the fans money in his front pocket, he feels like he has done his job for the night.

I can't wait until SummerSlam when the greatest of all-time (well... MAYBE second to Ric Flair ;)), The Heartbreak Kid, refuses to do what so many have been intimidated into doing: laying down for the so called "Immortal"

4. bigdaddyfuller

bigdaddyfuller Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I have not been watching a lot of it lately. but my favorite wrestler is Ric Flair.(Has anyone read his book, it is a great read.)The HBK/Hulk Summerslam match may be good. But I am wondering what Vince was thinking by "trading" all the stars he did to Smackdown. Plus I think the John Cena persona is a rebirth of Stone Cold Steve Austin( just my opinion)
    One final thought, I would love to see "THE MAN" become a champion again.(I know just wishful hoping, lol)

5. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Stopped watching wrestling in the early-mid 80's. Its always been silly, but its become downright ridiculous nowadays. I grew up during the Wahoo McDaniels, Blackjack Mulligan, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, days. Good times.

6. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Hooyah Rey Mysterio!
    And Batista...that guy's a friggin Monster!

7. Yoda1968

Yoda1968 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2004
    UNDERTAKER!!!!! Enough Said! Master Yoda Has Spoken!

8. Jedi_Joyner

Jedi_Joyner Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    I watch WWE and my favorite would be the undertaker because he is a bad A**.

I am looking for a friend to chat with on the council.
    so if you would like to talk sent me a private message.

Jedi_Joyner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.