WWF/ECW/WCW Discussion - The Big Brother Version!

Discussion in 'Big Brother House' started by wild_karrde, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Based on my highly successful WWF/ECW/WCW Discussion thread in the JC, I'm creating this because if I don't I'll go insane!

DVader316, darth_boy, et all, keep an eye here for my thoughts on the shows over the summer :D

2. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7

Thanks to WWE.com for the following:

After plowing through four rounds of competition, "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar became the 2002 King of the Ring after defeating Rob Van Dam on Pay-Per-View! On RAW, the new king will begin his reign as he is celebrated in a coronation ceremony, his first appearance on WWE television since obtaining the crown.

Also, The Undertaker retained his WWE Undisputed Championship after narrowly defeating Triple H on Sunday night. Afterwards, The Rock, Triple H and Taker all went at each other in the ring. Who will Taker set his sights on next? Will The Great One be his No. 1 target?

The fallout from King of the Ring will also be sure to continue on RAW. What will Trish Stratus have to say about losing her Women's Championship match to Molly? What words will Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit have for Bubba Ray Dudley after Bubba helped Ric Flair defeat Latino Heat?

Also tonight, Bradshaw teams up with Spike Dudley to battle William Regal and Christopher Nowinski!

You can't miss RAW, tonight at 9/8 CT on TNN, live from the Gund Arena in Cleveland, Ohio!
  3. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'll be leaving shortly to go over a friends house to watch Raw. We do that every Monday.

Brock Lesner wasn't really much of a suprise last night. I was kind of expecting it.

As for HHH vs. Taker. I was really bored out of my mind during this match. Then Taker comes away with the belt. Looks like another long month of "Dead Gimmick Walking".

Hopefully Russo will bring a bit of excitemnet back to the WWE, as long as he doesn't piss everyone off and can stick around.

Erik

4. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    How was the PPV live last night?

Erik
  5. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Uh oh, you're not also under the impression that I was at it in person, are you? That was a bit of a miscommunication. I just went to the bar to watch it :D

And I ran into a really annoying guy I went to High School with, Talked the whole damn night about crap. I barely even got to watch the RVD/Jericho match, which I guess was the match of the night :(
  6. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Oh, I thought I saw you say that you were seeing it live. Sorry.

Yeah, that was the best match.

Erik
  7. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Raw was OK, not great though.

Raven vs. Dreamer was kinda boring. Should have been a Hardcore match so we could see them shine. Most of the fans seemed like they had never even heard of these guys before. total shame since they were the biggest stars in ECW and carried the company for a few years.

Still waiting for Brock to do his Shooting-Star Press on Raw ... Nice to know he can talk though.

Rey Misterio Jr. is coming! About freaking time ...
  8. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I was suprised when Brock talked. I was expecting him to either sound like Mike Tyson, or a cave man.

Meysterio, looks like he's coming back masked. At least that's the way that it looked on the promo.

Do you think that Raven will show up on Smackdown?

Erik
  9. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Raven better show up there. Maybe get back together with Kidman.

The WWF has so much under used talent: Raven, Dreamer, Justin Credible, and more. At least Lance Storm is getting a push.

And yeah, Rey will have the mask. He's been wrestling in dark matches with the mask for a couple of weeks now.
  10. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Rey Rey isn't on Smackdown :(

But I guess Angle is starting a face turn, and a new guy makes his debut and teams with Taker ...
  11. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    HHH is going to join the NWO!!!

Awesome.

Erik
  12. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    With Benoit on Raw, and HHH joining the nWo, do you think that the brand extension will end soon.

I personally hope so.

But, I do think that the only reason that they are doing this is because of Austin leaving. There wasn't really a big name active wrestler on the roster.

Erik
  13. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    I hope not, because it's just starting to kick in. Sure, Raws a bit weak, but SmacjDown is pretty damn good. And this also helps get the newer guys on camera.
  14. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Looking forward to tonight's RAW.

Will we see HHH? Will Big Show be upset about the "tough love"?

Tune in at 9pm(eastern) on TNN, or whatever channel and time it's on in Canada(TSN?), to find out.

I kind of feel bad for the fans is the UK. I've read that they get an overly edited for content version.

Erik
  15. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    yep, live on TSN in Canada. But I gotta tape it bcause I leave for work with about 1hr left :(
  16. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    E-C-F'n-W baby! Yeah! I love when they go to Philly, where there are real wrestling fans, not just stupid marks who cheer for who Vince tells them to.

Tommy Dreamer is the F'n man! The Innovater of Violence baby.

And the Van-Terminator, hell yeah!
  17. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Well, with Kevin Nash being out for 6 months after his quad surgery, it looks like HHH will have to join the nWo.

I don't think that he was going to, but what's left in the nWo that fans want to see? Just Shawn Michaels, and he's not wrestling at the moment.

18. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
  19. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I was just wondering if wk saw this?

We need more discussion on this very important subject.
  20. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
  21. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I don't remember.

It was probably about Kevin Nash being out for 6 months, and about the application to be a WWE ref.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.