main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY www.louisvillealliance.net re-design

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Unicron, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Everyone,

Over this coming weekend I hope to finish a re-design on the FF website. It is a very simplistic, straightforward design that should be both easy to navigate and extremely fast-loading.

I had a couple of questions I would like some input on.

First, I have a "Members" page to list our current members. If you go to the current site, you'll see this list is quite long. However, most of the people on the page we either a.) never hear from here in the forums or b.) never see at any of the meetings. So why are they "members?" When I upload the new site (probably next week sometime), I am only going to list people as members if they are either frequent posters to the forum or they actually attend the meetings. There's no point saying you're a member of the Louisville Fan Force if you're never going to actually show up or post.

Second, I'd like to personalize member sections so that, in the member list, a person can click on your name to get as much info. (or as little info...like none if you so choose) on you as necessary. I'd like to include photos, but not just of you. If you want to showcase your collection, your costume, whatever on the LASE site, send me an e-mail with the photos attached (john@deceptitech.com) and I'll set it up. I know some people get all antsy about sharing info. on-line, but I think it would be nice to at least include each member's real name in the member listing.

Austin, if you read this, I know you had been keeping a photo record of every member from the meetings. Do you still have those pics? If so I'd like to get a copy of them from you sometime.

Thanks,
    -JmH

2. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Cool.

I'll scan in the pics from our Halloween party and send those to you too.

We also need an updated map to hEAR.

3. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
  4. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    That's cool. I'll send you some pictures of my collection. I want a picture of me as Darth plastick in there somewhere.

5. Jedi_AzizoRho

Jedi_AzizoRho Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    I'll try and find some of my Jedi Pictures and bring them to the next meeting.

6. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Just a quick note: if you are working on graphics, remember that you can also customize the the banner and color scheme for this forum.

Let me know if you want any more info about it.

~H~

7. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Hey all,

If you want to display any information about yourself on the LASE website, I'd like you to send it to me. Name, age, any contact info., any photos you want to showcase, any bio or background information, etc. I haven't gotten to do as much work on the site as I'd hoped, but will probably start uploading stuff next week sometime.

-John (john@deceptitech.com)

8. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    I finally got around to uploading the newly-redesigned website this morning. There are still a couple of things I want to add, but for the most part, it's finished.

I opted not to include any type of member list. The primary reason behind this is because I get e-mails all the time from people having me add them to the members list, and then we never hear from them here in the forum or see them at any of the meetings, so, at least in my mind, they're not members of the club at all. So now if you've got any photos of yourself, your collection, your costumes, whatever that you'd like to see on the site, just e-mail them to me and I'll get them up there, like the ones of Dan's costumes or Patrick's collection that are there now.

-JmH

9. Darth_Plastic

Darth_Plastic Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2002
    Great job John!!! The page looks great!

10. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Looks good! I like it. Now I have to take some pics of my collection!

11. Jedi9650

Jedi9650 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    When I first clicked on the address, I thought I got the wrong site. This looks great. Can we send photos of celebration II to post on the site if we have them?

12. Unicron

Apr 5, 2002
    Yeah, any photos you want to post, just send to me. Phil actually sent me some C2 photos that I hope to get up by the end of the week. And Bob sent me some pics of the 501st assembled on the dome stairs a while back...if I can find where I saved those, I'll add them too.

-John

13. oggiebendoggie2001

oggiebendoggie2001 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 12, 2002
    The site looks great. I'll also try to dig up some photos to post. It may take a while, since Meg & I are still sorting through boxes.

14. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Yay!!1 The site looks great John! I would like to submit the picture I took with Warwick Davis ( [face_devil] ), and the picture I took with Billy DEe! ;) from Celebration 2. I have to get them scanned, also I have some pictures from Conglomeration that I got developed, only a few of them turned out alright the lighting was really bad i guess,anyways, I dont have a scanner, so it might take some time before I can get the pics submitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.