main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

www.masterreplicas.com

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by CountKered, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountKered

CountKered Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    I was wondering are thease Sabers as good as Parksabers?

2. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    well they are kinda two different things.

parksabers sells somewhat unique designs and their sabers all come with a blade of whatever color you choose

master replicas sells detailed replicas of sabers from the movies, as far as I know the only one with a blade is the Anakin Force FX

Also there is a huge difference in price with master replicas being far more expensive

Bottom line- it depends on what you want, if you're looking for a collectors item go with masterreplicas. But if your wanting a costume saber and one you could carry around (I don't know about anyone else but if I had a masterreplica saber it would be under lock and key not hanging on my jedi tunic) then go with parksaber.

hope that helps :)

3. CountKered

Feb 11, 2003
    well parksabers are looking much better but the wait bothers me. an i would use the masterreplicas in a short fanfoilm.

what u guys think re mind you all too I will be going to a convetion with my jedi/sith garb and my saber in costume.

4. CountKered

Feb 11, 2003
    I desided after vieing both products that I am sticking with Parksabers.com for 2 resons..

1. The blade is detacible and can duel with it.
    2. The quality of the saber is Far more superior to that of the Masters .

5. Kia-Ruse

Kia-Ruse Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    It's true, it does all depend on what kind of lightsaber you're after.

Obviously the Parks sabers are kinda special because of their unique design and the ultra cool added bonus of seriously smart blades, but if you're after a highly detailed, immaculately accurate replica of the most famous lightsabers seen in the saga then you really can't be without Master Replicas! I recently purchased an Obi Wan Kenobi AOTC hilt from them and it took my breath away!

This is as close as you're ever gonna get to owning a replica that looks 'to-the-letter' the one Ewan McGregor uses in AOTC. They are expensive and highly sought after and obviously, it's advisable that you don't carry it with you all the time, but I can't help it! I've worn it on my belt a few times now and you just can't put a price on the feeling you get wearing something so accurate.

For me, it's Master Replicas all the way!

6. Jango_Wes

Jango_Wes Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2002
    I have to agree! I, too, have the Obi Wan MR hilt and I love it! I have worn it on occasion, but I am always careful with it. For movie prop quality, MR is THE way to go. For fun and originality, go Parks.

7. Indianasthedogsname

Indianasthedogsname Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    I was tempted by the "Dark Side"-- an Anakin FX Saber, but once I recieved my Parks Saber, that all changed. It is brighter, and cooler than the Master Replicas. Licenced Schmicenced! I am converting my Park Saber Rogue into an Anakin anyway! It will looks way cooler, because it can be worn as well as used with its blade. The official excuse for them not building a saber where you can take out the blade it that they don't want some little kid sticking their finger inside and getting shocked becuase it's "High" voltage (6 AA?? That's why it's so honking HUUGGEE!) And $300+ dollars for a lightsaber HILT? What in god's name are you thinking? It doesn't even come with a blade!!! Sure, it's copied from the original, but they're still overpriced.

Indiana

8. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I really want to get a Larbel PlasmaBlade, but they're so freakin' rare that when they do show up on eBay, they're like $500 for a ignited one. But Larbel used TPM designs and put removable EL blades in them... *drooling* But, alas, I guess he quit because of copyrights or something... :(

9. Indianasthedogsname

Indianasthedogsname Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Larbel? Why would someone buy a plasma saber which costs much more but only for more brightness? The best, and coolest is still EL. It's cheaper and I'm fairly sure (correct me if I'm wrong)lighter than a neon saber. Just my 2 cents.

Indiana

10. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    larbel is out of the saber makin business FYI.

the only place you can find his work now is on ebay.

11. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, I know they're out of business... that's why their stuff's so rare and so expensive... but his saber's are TPM designs, and look as good, if not better than MR (I know that's a bold statement).

12. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    i know. i have several. ;)

well had several. i have sold a few off.

13. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    From the pictures I saw, they look to be much brighter than EL blades... EL looks all one color, while plasmablades look white on the inside and the chosen color towards the outside... That, or the guy put some doctored pics on eBay... How does your plasmablade look?

14. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    with regards to the plasma blades there is good news and bad news.

the good news is it is brighter than most el's. it also looks more like the sabers do in the movies.

the bad news is they are EXTREMELY fragile. i have seen many a plasmablade break into millions of pieces.

as cool as they are, to me the fragility and care needed with these is too great.

el blades can take a beating like you wouldnt believe. the tech behind them has grown by leaps and bounds since it first came out.

15. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I really like my Anakin ForceFX saber. For custom sabers there's nothing like browsing Lowe's for toilet parts and making your own ;)

16. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    The really bad thing about the FX saber is that the blade is permanent, ugh... can't hang it off of the belt... good price, though... Have you seen the import Luke ANH and Vader ANH EL sabers? They're on eBay frequently... their blades are permanently attached, too darn it... but they look cool :)

17. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    By the "imported, on Ebay" is assume you refer to the Japanese plasma sabers made by TOMY. I have heard that they are brighted than most other brands of plasma sabers, and that the blades are more durable. (but still not as durable as EL) The hilts vibrate when on, and they are of the correct size, although they are not accurate replicas. Yep, I want one.. <sigh>

18. Master_Byrd

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, I didn't know they were plasma... they look very accurate :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.