WXXI Open House - September 30, 2006

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by T_StarFlyer, Aug 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    While at WXXI's pledge drive last night, Laura told us that WXXI has been on the air for 40 years in Rochester, so they are having a big event, an Open House, on Saturday, September 30th. from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. thoughout their building with many costumed characters (like Clifford) and other organizations (Seneca Park Zoo) helping out in the celebration. She remembers the Star Trek costumes that the USS Tranquility and KAG wore for their auctions and some of their other special events (She loves her "Klingons". [face_love] ) So, Tom and I told her about the Rebellion, Rebel Legion and the 501st., and she was extremely excited about the possibility of having Star Wars characters there. We told her to check out the photo galleries on Rochester Fandom's website to see what we have done as well as the costumes; and she'll e-mail us the details as the time approaches. Neither of us remembered anything planned for that day yet, so is this something people would be interested in? D.
  2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Its a possibility for me. I could get there by noon maybe, after work. At least it would be a couple hours.
  3. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    EDIT (just noticed the times):
    I'll definitely still be in St. Catharines for the Grape & Wine parade.

~Doc_Bev
  4. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  5. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    OH CRAP! I forgot about Grape & Wine :oops: Well maybe we can do both. I mean those of us who were going to grape & wine can still go, & for those who were't going maybe can do WXXI? Just a thought.
  6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh wait, Oh yeah. :oops: I wont be working or going to WXXI, I will be up North at the Parrade.
  7. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Was anyone not going to G&W able to do this event?

~Doc_Bev
  8. DarSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    I would, but Laura has not contacted me whether they really want us and with more details.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.