main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY WXXI Pledge Drive Help

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by T_StarFlyer, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hi all, The Tranquility has been asked to help answer phones for one of WXXI's membership Pledge drives. They Could use a couple more people to answer phones. I was wondering if any Rebellion Members would be interested. It's Tomorrow night at WXXI studios on State St (Across from Frontier Field) 7:30ish to 11:30 They are Showing a Greatful Dead Concert. It would be a tshirt event & if we can get some Rebellion Members then we can get a mention for the club & maybe website on air. I know it's short notice but if any one is free tomorrow night it can be a fun experiance. Also if you need a ride send me a note & I' can arrange to pick you up & drop you home. Thanks

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I meant to post this before in case anyone was interested...

The USS Tranquility helped collect over $18,330 in pledges that night during the Grateful Dead concert. It was a lot of fun.

~Doc_Bev

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    unlocked this per CR request

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    (thanks Strawbary!)

The USS Tranquility is volunteering at another pledge drive on Tuesday December 13th from 8pm-11pm (arrive at 7:30 if volunteering). This time the programming will be Viewer's Choice (so we're not quite sure what it'll be yet). WXXI usually asks for at least 10 volunteers and so far the USS Tranquility has 9 that have expressed an interest, but if there are a couple people from these boards that might be interested in volunteering we could use 1-3 more people just in case.

Basically (like the pledge drive we did in March) we are there to answer the phones and take the caller's donations. For this event everyone's asked to wear club t-shirts.

Any questions - let me know!

~Doc_Bev

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    The Tranquility is in need of at least 2 additional people to volunteer as we've had a couple cancellations. If anyone from here would like to volunteer - please let me know. See above post for all the details. It's really easy "work" and (if it's like last time) you'll get to spend 75% of the time chatting with friends and snacking on refreshments provided by WXXI.

~Doc_Bev

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Unfortunately I cannot do that.
    Hope it goes well

7. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Well, I just got a call that our volunteer services are no longer needed for this evening by WXXI so, uh... disregard my previous post...

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.