main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Wyo's World O' Words (Drabble Challenge/KOTOR) - Week 20 - 11/29/06 - Ending

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WyoJedi, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lovely set. I found it most amusing that the one titled Gloomy, made me laugh the most.

?Carth! Get a grip. Just because I?m getting married doesn?t mean your life is coming to an end. There?s someone out there for you? if you stop being blah you might find her.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved them all. :D

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    /suspicious voice on

You didn't do THIS to MRS/sister Wyo did you?????

:)

Cute scene.
    Everyone likes weddings for the most part... they are just so hard to plan!

3. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Well, it is always a good thing when I can mix romance and humor :D Thanks for reading, and glad you enjoyed it.

Araxie: Thanks for all your kind words! It seems that each one had something good for you :D Thanks again!

Healer_Leona: Well, I liked the idea of the irony with Gloomy. Glad it brought some laughter to you. Thanks!

Noelie: NO! I did not do that to my wife... I'm not that brave :p Glad you liked them. Thanks for your comments!

Cheers,
    Wyo

4. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    WEEK 17: Mission Vao
    81. nothing

At five standard years of age, young Mission Vao found herself in a most unusual position. She wasn?t sure what her brother?s problems were, but they had led to the two of them hiding in a crate on an unmarked freighter headed for anywhere but there. The crate didn?t lend room to much more than her brother and herself.

When they arrived at their final destination, the two Twilek refugees had nothing? except each other. And on Taris that was much more than some people had. However, she was sure that Griff could take care of her, no matter what.

82. everything

Griff had said that everything would be different here on Taris, that things would change. But things didn?t change. Griff still drank, and gambled, and wasted every other credit they made trying to get rich quick. And his taste in feminine companions hadn?t changed either. The current object of his affection was a Twilek dancer by the name of Lena, whom Mission considered nothing more than a busty, credit-grubbing cantina rat.

Why couldn?t he see the bad influence Lena had on him. If she could just get Griff away from that ? woman ? then maybe things could get back to normal.

83. now

This was not the way her life should look at twelve years old. At the very least her brother should have been there to watch over her and protect her. He said he was going to make enough credits for them to live like royalty. He said he would be back for her. But now he was gone.

It was all Lena?s fault, she was sure of it. Her brother would never have left her if it hadn?t been for that temptress. Somehow she would find her brother again. But for now she needed to find a way to survive.

84. forever

Lower City swoop gangs were known for being tough, but the Black Vulkars were also mean and ruthless. So it was no surprise when Mission came across a bunch of Vulkars goading someone into a fight. The surprise was their target? a Wookiee by the name of Zaalbar, who towered over them all.

Ever brash and feeling invincibile, Mission stepped into the fray telling the Vulkars to leave the Wookiee alone. They did just that? and turned on her. The ensuing fight left the gang members feeling lucky to be alive, and Mission with a friend she would treasure forever.

85. fate

Meeting Rago had been a great boon for Mission and Zaalbar. They had gotten off of Taris. Even with the urgency of the quest Rago had received from the Jedi Council, he was willing to help her find her brother.

They did find him, as a prisoner in a Tusken Raider camp. Yet even his captivity couldn?t change who he was. Once freed, she watched him walking back to Anchorhead, another scheme generating in his mind. It was his fate to continually try to get rich quick, and to fail. Mission returned to the Ebon Hawk, and her own fate.

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I love this set! [face_love] I want to know more about Mission and expect a ff just about her someday dear brother! (In your free time, of course)

Angst-o-rama moment: Somehow she would find her brother again. But for now she needed to find a way to survive. :_|

Bravo! =D=

6. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    A delight to learn so much about Mission.

However, she was sure that Griff could take care of her, no matter what.

Funny how you can be promised the world and wind up with nothing. Some people just don't change. :(

Superb set.

7. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    What a real insight into real life in a world of fantasy. By the end of them I really felt bad for her lost dreams, and at that same time hoping for a good future as she walks away.

8. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Ok, ok... I'll see about doing a ff about her. I think it would be fun to go more in depth about her character. Thanks sis! :D

Healer_Leona: Thanks! She is an interesting character to say the least. It is sad that sometimes the ones we put the most trust in can fail to follow through. But it is how we deal with the situation and move past it that is the key. And I think Mission does a good job of moving past her disappointments with her brother to find a better destiny. Thanks again!

Araxie: I'm glad those different emotions were brought out. It is very sad that things didn't go well in the beginning, but she picked herself up and moved on with hope. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Wyo

9. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Ok, here is a bunch of mush and angst for you all. Enjoy.

Cheers,
    Wyo

Week 18: Bastila and Revan/Rago
    86. eyes

As Bastila made her way through the Ebon Hawk's corridors she was surprised by the extreme quiet within the ship. It seemed as if the vessel had been deserted, but she was keenly aware of the presence of other members of the crew? or rather one particular member of the crew.

As she padded softly past Rago?s quarters she couldn?t help taking a quick glance inside. Silently she entered and scanned the room, her gaze locking on Rago?s sleeping form, her eyes becoming hopelessly entranced. What was it about this man that made her heart race and her knees weak?

87. nose

In the quiet of the room the only sound Bastila could hear was Rago?s deep breathing - in and out through his nose in a steady cadence. As she listened she noticed for the first time the enlarged size of his nose. Not that it was massive or overwhelming, but it did seem disproportionate with the rest of his face. She chuckled in spite of herself but clasped her hands over her mouth when Rago?s breathing altered abruptly.

She stood stock still, hoping that her guffaw did not wake him. After a few moments his breathing returned to its natural rhythm.

88. ears

Tentatively she drew closer. She knew she should just turn around and walk back out the door, but the beating of her heart drove her onward.

She was now within arm?s reach, yet she didn?t dare to touch him for fear that he would awaken. Instead she soundlessly knelt down beside his bed. Leaning forward she moved her lips to within mere centimeters of his right ear and whispered, ?I love you Rago?.

The words had been spoken as softly as possible yet she watched helplessly as Rago stirred, turned onto his side, and stared intently into her bewildered eyes.

89. throat

?So you love me??

The question hung in the air like an epitaph and seemed to echo endlessly through the room. Bastila tried to speak, tried to formulate some sort of satisfactory explanation, but the words remained adamantly stuck in her throat. There was nothing to say, nothing to explain? it was exactly as it appeared.

Rago sat up in his bed and leaned forward, his broad hands rising to tenderly caress Bastila?s face. The ever growing smile on his lips told Bastila all she needed to know, yet she waited transfixed for the words.

?I love you too, Bastila.?

90. skin

Bastila sat straight up in her bed and looked quickly around the room. Aside from Mission rummaging through some gear there was no other person in sight. Looking up from her search the young Twilek?s visage suddenly took on a look of great concern.

?Bastila, are you all right? You?re sweating like crazy.?

Bastila ran her hands over her face and wiped away the sheen of perspiration.

?Yes. I guess I was just having a very ? intense ? dream.?

Mission nodded acceptingly and stepped out of the room. Bastila laid back down, the feeling of imaginary kisses lingering on her skin.

10. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    YEAH BABY!!!! [face_love] Of course I love this set...you knew I would. Lots of romance and angst going on. My favorites.

Favorite moment: Bastila laid back down, the feeling of imaginary kisses lingering on her skin.

*sigh* Bravo! =D=

11. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved the set right up to skin that had me nearly shouting out NOOOO! LOL

I thought these were lovely, too lovely and romantic to turn out to be a dream. :D :D

12. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Yeah... that wasn't too much of a stretch to figure out :D Glad you enjoyed the romance and angst!

I got a *sigh*! Yes!!! :D

Healer_Leona: That is just the reaction I was looking for! ;) I'm happy to hear that you were enjoying it.

Cheers,
    Wyo

13. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Almost at the end... this set looks at some of the opponents met throughout the game of KOTOR!

Cheers,
    Wyo

--------------------------

Week 19: Opponents
    91. one

It was not the first time Rago had seen Darth Bandon, Malak?s vicious apprentice. During his escape from the Endar Spire he had witnessed this dark, solitary enemy facing off with a fellow soldier, Trask Ulgo. He had assumed both men had perished with the ship.

Now the Sith warrior was before him, the black body armor unmistakably indicative. But unlike Rago?s previous experience, he now was a highly trained Jedi, more then prepared to meet this opponent one on one. The sapphire hue of his lightsaber blade merged with the deep scarlet of the Sith?s with a deafening din.

92. three

It was an odd sight indeed. In the darkness of a lower Taris City cantina stood a short, rotund man being accosted by a trio of Rodians belonging to the Black Vulkar swoop gang. At least that was Rago?s first thought as he viewed the situation.

?One.?

The Rodians mocked the small man.

?Two.?

The question hung in the air. Was the man simply counting his enemies?

?Three.?

Haze from a smoke grenade obscured the scene and shots suddenly rang out. When the smoke cleared the only one left standing was the small man ? the notorious bounty hunter, Calo Nord.

93. five

Standing in the central chamber of the Sith Academy on Korriban was the female Twilek Rago had met in Dreshdae, Yuthara Ban, and five others. Four were dressed in identical Sith trainee attire, and Rago recognized them as the group of ruffians he had run into in the city.

Soon he was introduced to the fifth person, the leader of the Academy, Master Uthar Wynn. Rago was astonished at the man?s calm demeanor. His attitude was one of a wizened mentor, not an evil Sith. But looking into his eyes he saw the reality, yellow eyes full of wicked glee.

94. seven

The Leviathan was a veritable fortress of a ship. And Rago was running with Bastila and Carth into the very heart of the citadel.

The door to the bridge opened up to reveal the target of Carth?s resentment, Admiral Saul Karath, surrounded by seven Sith troopers. Blasters lit up the room with Rago and Bastila pushing farther onward, lightsabers deflecting the shots easily. Soon all seven troopers lay scattered around the floor of the bridge in various contortions and Rago was moving toward Karath, with Carth right on his heels. Karath?s face showed fear as both men attacked as one.

95. nine

Bendak Starkiller. For some the name meant very little. For those that followed the Taris dueling scene Bendak was the ultimate champion. But since the planet-wide ban on death matches he had gone into retirement. Most believed it was because of some Mandalorian code of honor, but the reason was as mysterious as the man.

The thrill most felt at seeing Bendak back in the ring against the newest champion didn?t follow through to Rago. Nine frag grenades and two thermal detonators erupted through the arena and still the duelist kept coming. Finally Rago stood victorious, though battered and bruised.

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I really enjoyed this peek at the KOTOR villians. I especially like Five and Master Uthar Wynn. It's those calm ones that really one must watch out for.

15. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Too Cool! :cool: This is a great set. It always amazes me how you write such wonderful characterizations in so few words. Just great. I think my favorite was "3."

Can you believe we are almost done? One more set to go. So...what will be YOUR finale, little brother?

Bravo! =D=

16. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Healer_Leona: These guys were some of my favorite characters from the game, and I don't think they get enough attention. Yes, Master Uthar is one of those dangerous ones. I'm glad you enjoyed these/ Thanks!

Jade_Pilot: Well, thank you so much, sis! Character portrayal is very important especially when trying to express it to those who have never seen the game. That I am getting the information across so well just makes me feel wonderful!

I can't believe it is almost the end. My finale? I think I will write a speech by Rago during the celebration after the destruction of the Star Forge. Something original that stands as a conclusion to not only the game aspect, but to this challenge.

Cheers,
    Wyo

17. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    What a relief! I thought I was way behind on your drabbles but I had only missed one week![face_whistling]

Week 18, I really enjoyed it up to the end. I hate dreams like that![face_shhh]

Week 19, I love the humor in three, and the mystery in five. Well done as usual. I look forward to reading the last set!

18. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Araxie: Well, I'm glad you are all caught up :D

I hated making week 18 a dream too, but considering that it is based on the game I had to try and stay true to that foundation.

I'm glad you liked those. I was hoping the whole humor of the situation in three would come through. The last set is almost ready for posting. I hope it lives up to all your expectations!

Cheers,
    Wyo

19. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Ok, here is the finale! This is my take on the final scene of Knights of the Old Republic. Hope you all enjoy! Thanks for tagging along. It has been one crazy ride :D

Cheers,
    Wyo

Week 20:
    96. a light in the dark

Rago stood in the bright Rakatan sunlight, the Temple of the Ancients behind him a fitting backdrop. Looking out over the gathered congregation he felt a little overwhelmed, even though as Revan his charisma had put him in such a position numerous times. Master Vandar beckoned and he stepped forward to the edge of the balcony, his trepidation nearly tangible. Taking a deep breath he held it a moment before beginning his address.

"Today the Republic dealt a devastating blow to the powers of the Sith. It shines as a light in the dark abyss of evil in the galaxy."

97. steer by the stars

"It stands as a beacon, a light of hope to all. Defense and representation, order within the galactic community. All species, all planets, all individuals can look to the Republic as an organization guided by principles which lead on a straight course. There is no need to flail about and steer by the stars. We have a guide, a lode star, and ever brightening flame that we can grasp and hold fast to in all our trying times. That lode star is Freedom. Freedom from bondage, freedom from despair, freedom from the despondency and devastation inherent in the Sith menace."

98. shake the heavens

?This Republic has been constantly beset with enemies who have sought to shake the heavens. She withstood the onslaught of the mighty Mandalorians only to be struck from within by the treacherous machinations of Revan, Malak, and their Sith minions. Losses have been suffered, lives irreparably torn apart, dreams shattered. For some the very heavens have been shaken, and it seemed as if our enemies were too powerful, too awful to stand against. But by standing firm and immovable we have won the prize. This Republic continues to exist because it has stood fearless in the very face of evil.?

99. beneath these hands

?I spoke of Revan and his treachery which lead to so much devastation and heartache throughout the galaxy. Look closely? for I am he who was Revan. Beneath these hands lies the blood of millions who died in my quest for power. Beneath these hands are the sick and twisted reasons that this galaxy has suffered so much pain. But I have been redeemed. I am no longer that evil man. Through great patience, instruction, and love I have been brought forth from the darkest void, across the deepest chasm of misery, into the brightest light of knowledge and peace.?

100. the path and the walker

?Peace. It is the very essence of this Republic. It is the very reason of being for the Jedi Order. At times the path to peace is a thorny and rocky way, filled with dangers which seek to dissuade the one who walks it. Yet we are not left helpless. Justice, Freedom, Truth, and the Force are our Guide. Darkness may shroud the path and give us pause in our determination, but if we hold true to our Guide the path and the walker become one. And when peace becomes the ultimate goal, no unhallowed hand can stand against it.?

20. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    :D This is a wwonderul and fitting finale to your drabbles, Wyo! His speech actually brought tears to my eyes, it was so moving.

Bravo! =D=

21. Araxie

Mar 6, 2006
    Bravo, Bravo for finishing the drabbles with such a great speech! You should become a speech writer.
    Thanks for the enjoyable ride!

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wyo, bravo for finishing the drabbles. =D= =D= I just love the inspiration of the path and the walker

23. WyoJedi

Nov 7, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the finale. I thought it was a fitting ending to the challenge. And I'm so glad that it was emotionally moving to you. Thanks again, sis!

Araxie: Thank you, thank you. I don't know about being a speech writer... I think I'll just stick to plain old writer :D Glad you liked these and enjoyed the ride! Thanks!

Healer_Leona: Thank you! It was a tough challenge, but I am glad that I hung in there and finished. I too liked the final piece in this set. Peace is certainly a great goal and should be an inspiration to all. Thanks again!

And thank you to all those who stuck with me through this entire challenge. It was great! To those who have been lurking, I hope I provided some good entertainment. Thanks again to each and every one of my reviewers! Ya'll are fantastic!

Cheers,
    Wyo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.