main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-2, some what first impressions

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Gaellen, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    You know I am really sorry to here she won't be back.......not! I never really thought she was that great at the part. The new Storm? A very good question that I will have to ponder for many cycles! :)

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    hellfire club would rock. and i wouldn;t count MS Berry out just yet.. this is way early in the game to be saying definite if she will not return. anything right now is rumor and heresay most likely. heck at this point even is she said it herself I wouldn't believe it..way to early to say for sure.

3. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Let me see if I can remember, the leader of the Hellfire club was Shaw, he absorbed any energy directed at him, a fat man who controlled gravity(favorite sceen when he created increased gravity on Wolverine and crashed him several floors down to the sewer), the had a android and of course the Emma Frost(White Queen). Mastermind was also involved as the key to unlocking the Dark Phoenix.

4. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    To replace Berry what about the girl that played the Elven ranger from the D&D movie?

5. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I think she would be cool for the part Otto!

The Hellfire Club would kick so much *$$! Very cool new set of mutants to battle it out with the XMen!

6. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Honestly as neat as storm is in the comics i wouldn't care if they didn't bring her back in X3, have her off on a mission or visiting her tribe or something. She's a great character in the comics but in the movie she's under used and has no character development after 2 movies. I doubt many people would miss her.

I'd rather they do that then make a replacement, that ususally spells disaster and the end to movie franchises.

7. IMAXPoe

Feb 3, 2003
    I think it would take alot at this point to kill the X-Men movie franchise at this point. But your right her character hasn't really been developed as well as Wolverine or Rogue or Magneto or.... well you get the point.

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Even Pyro has had more development :p

9. RogerRoger517

Jan 1, 2002
    Well of all the characters, Storm is the one whos personality doesn't follow what is in the books. I noticed in those narrow tunnels in the dam the Storm in the books would have had some chaustifobic reaction. If Berry doesn't come back, I always would have liked to see Vanessa Williams as Storm.

10. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    To be honest, I was disappointed with Halle being cast as Storm from day one. As far as I'm concerned, she doesn't have the edge required for the character. Want someone with some edge? They should have gone with..

Bond Girl Grace Jones!
    [image=http://www.jamesbondmm.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/women/avtak/mayday010.jpg]

Wouldn't she look awesome in leather pants, a vest, and a silver mohawk? Now THAT'S a Storm that would kick some major butt!

11. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    That woman is scary... I really think storm would be better replaced with Gambit, beast or Angel.

12. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Just a quick update: according to Box Office Mojo, X2 has made more money in 2 weeks than X-Men made in its entire theatrical run.

13. RogerRoger517

Jan 1, 2002
    I don't think that replacing Berry would be very hard. I agree that of the characters in the films, Storm's has been the most neglected, but it just wouldn't be X-men to me without storm. Just as Nightcrawler had filled a major hole, a lack of storm would be noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.