main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV X-3

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Doneeta, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Why did Bryan Singer leave? Why? WHY???? I better never meet him. He will get a stern talking to I must say.

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    ok granted it didn't follow the same premise as the other 2 movies (understandable due to the fact that bryan singer and the writers of the other 2 movies left) but i think this ratner guy did a pretty descent job with this movie. it could have been better yes...but what we received was a pretty enjoyable movie.

3. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    I personally, do not agree. I was totally let down by this movie. It just seemed like a "quick let's wrap all of this up since the trilogy is over"

I won't even get the DVD

4. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Basically he did jump ship... but he moved on to a better ship... the Superman ship.. and I say "Welcome aboard!"....suckas!

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    He jumped to the let's make Superman gay ship. Anyway about X3. It was an awesome movie if you are not already familiar with the X-Men comics or anything. The people I went with loved it. I was disappointed by all the stupid crap as a fan of X-Men for many years. I could not believe the things they let happen or the people they turned into crybabies.

6. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Yes, having been an x-men fan for years and dreaming about a Dark Phoenix movie for all those years I must say this movie blew. I will never forgive Bryan Signer for leaving to make a dman movie thats already been made!

7. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    Why was Angel in it? He was absolutely pointless... cool concept... but ultimately pointless...

And Gerson, I'm forgiving you because I know you are just trying to get to me, and I won't let you. YOU HEAR ME!I WONT LET YOU!

8. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey man, I was excited when I heard they were making Superman. I love Superman. I don't love the way they his costume and cast a guy that looks like one of the Queer Eye dudes. It's freaking SuperMAN, not Supermetrosexual. Kevin Spacey is perfect for Lex though.

9. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Wow, after reading what's been said here, I'm almost afraid to post my thoughts. But as I have nothing to lose but respect and friendship, here it goes:

I loves X3! It was the best of the trilogy, IMHO. I thought Phoenix was super cool, especially what she did to the house and a main character (not sure if I need to stay away from spoilers). The Brotherhood was cool, and so what the whole "cure" plotline. Angel did seem tacked on, but that scene when he's a kid was heart-wrenching. Beast was flipping awesome, and I would find myself just staring at the big blue lug. Juggernaught was great! Plus, Ratner gave us things that Singer never did, like the Danger Room and the Sentinel (well, it's head anyway). That the scene when Wolverine is being ripped to shreds and has to decided whether to kill the woman he loves or allow her to destroy everything in her path... wow, talk about exciting drama. I'm wondering if you guys saw the same movie as I did. Are you sure you didn't see The DaVinci Code instead... because that movie did suck.

And Darkstar, I'm with you. I always thought Superman was a boring superhero (kinda still do) but that new trailer has made me so excited to see Superman Returns!!! Let's hope it's at least better than Batman Returns, or Return of the Living Dead.

10. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I agree with Morondude.

except I think the first one will forever be my favorite..

but yeah, it was really enjoyable. I left the theater most satisfied.

11. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    I find that people who read X-Men comics didnt like it while those that don't read the comics did like it.

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I watched the cartoons... does that count?

13. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    I loved the cartoons... maybe thats why I loved the Sentinel part.... but in regards to the cartoon Rouge was super cool with a southern accent and was really strong and could fly, so they sorta already lost that there.

14. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Cartoons were okay, except for Morph, what a stupid character. As far as Rogue goes...In the comics she was originally a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. It wasnt until she permantly absorbed Carol Danvers powers that she became invunearble, super strong and have the ability to fly. Rogue also developed a split personality featuring Carol Danvers' psyche. She went to Professor X for help and ended up joining the X-Men.

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    It is for that reason that I've always hated Rogue's character in the movies. Especially now.

16. DarthDarkstar

Jun 17, 2002
    And how can you have Rogue without Gambit? It hurts my heart.

17. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    How much do I loathe Gambit? Only a little less than I hate Superman...the suckiest superhero, EVAR!

I liked X3....bit of a let down....Bryan Singer ruins EVERYTHING!