main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Files/Star Wars- Any takers?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by sidious618, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    So here I was watching the X-Files this morning and I thought to myself: now wouldn't it be cool if they had something like this in Star Wars? Hey, how about two Jedi Knights who investigate weird happenings? Perhaps things related to the Sith. I'd been writing original fiction for the past year so I figured that this might be a fun idea.

Then I said I could do a series on it. A multi-author series. There are a ton of X-files fans here so why not? I figure I could write the first story or two and then I can have a group of writers script some more stories and I'll just watch over it. That'd be pretty cool.

So who would like to join in?

2. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    LOL, I'm already writing a SW/XF crossover called Thy Mother's Glass. Check it out if you're interested. The link's in my bio.

The problem with that is what would be defined as an 'X-File'. According to Earth standards, the entire GFFA would be the ultimate X-File. Defining the unexplained in the Star Wars universe would be kind of difficult.

That said, I might be interested if I get to play with Mulder and Scully every once in a while. Mulder=MINE! *grins*

3. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Terrific idea...I'm not sure if I'd be able to take part, but I'll be watching this thread with great interest!

4. Lady_Cora

Lady_Cora Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2005
    This is a very interesting idea. Unfortunately, I've only seen a few episodes of the X-Files, so I don't have a good grasp of the overall plot. Still, I'll be watching this, since I'm a fan of unusual crossovers (even tried to write a Star Wars/Morrowind crossover! [face_laugh])

5. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Oh, man . . . Mulder and Scully as Jedi, Mace as Skinner, Dooku as Krycek, and Palpatine, of course, as the Cigarette-Smoking Man. They could be out there trying to substantiate the prophecy of the Chosen One, which Scully doesn't even believe in. Naturally, they would be looking everywhere *but* a junk shop on Tatooine.

Actually, come to think of it, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan *are* Mulder and Scully:
      ANI: Master Obi-Wan? Why does Qui-Gon keep calling me "the key to everything?"

OBI-WAN: [slightly embarrassed] Look . . . just . . . try not to get him talking about that, all right?
    Or better yet, you could give Qui-Gon an obsession with finding "alien life."
      QUI-GON: [Pointing at Watto] Look, Padmé! At last! Proof of alien life!!

WATTO: What do you mean, "alien life?" [Gestures at junk shop] You call *this* living?!

JAR-JAR: [Aside, to Padmé] You tinkin he not be noticen meesa yet?

PADMÉ: *I'm* trying not to.
    Okay, I think I got that out of my system. :p I wrote X-Files fic for years, though. Those were good times . . . I may even have an old 9 mm Sig Sauer in a mysterious chest in my hut out beyond the Dune Sea.

. . . er, never mind.

6. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, I wasn't planning to put Mulder and Scully in it. I planned to have new characters but have them exploring "odd happenings" related to the Sith.

I thought it could take place about three hundred to five hundred before TPM and one of the Jedi would be hellbent on finding the Sith while the entire Council tries to convince him that the Sith are extinct.

7. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmmm...to me, X-Files without Mulder and Scully isn't X-Files. They're the whole reason I love the show. I mean...I come for the weird stuff, I stay for MnS. :) If you ever want to do something involving them, let me know. :)

8. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Wow I like this idea :) Mulder and Sculy as Jedi...cool :D

So are you thinking of like a round robin sort of thing?

9. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Hmmm...I'm not sure if Mulder and Scully as Jedi could work.

10. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    If you were going to put Mulder and Scully into the SW universe, to me, they would be better placed in New Republic Intelligence, or Old Repbulic Intelligence, if there was such an organization. They could track down all sorts of things that way, from any culture or from the Empire.

11. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Old Republic inteligence? Hey that couild work! Like maybe it would be like The Investigation Corp or whatever. Say they were both Jedi when they were little but they never got chosan and were sent to TIC (The investigation Corps) , or whatever it should be called. And things go from there. Mulder is hell bent on finding the Sith and his pretty libral while scully is more uptight and sometimes reverts back to her Jedi training in her childhood...ehh well sorry ;bout that rant...

12. sidious618

Apr 20, 2003
    Well, then I wouldn't make them Jedi. But if anyone is really interested in being maybe a co-creator type thing give me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.