main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [The X-Files] The (Continuing) Event Series!

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Oct 12, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Canadian news. Not so much on that end. Whole lotta Justin Trudeau's haircut and Jian Ghomeshi trial.

jp-30 likes this.
  2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Close enough.

3. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Shrooooommmmms! Giggle giggle.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Every episode should have a sequence with Mulder tripping balls on placebos.

BigAl6ft6 and jp-30 like this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    That was the weakest episode I thought.....I get what they were going for but I don't think they really stuck the landing. I did enjoy Mulder tripping and the end scene with Mulder and Scully was good.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It was a mess. The X-Files we all love.

Now I'm going to have "Misery is the River of the World" stuck in my head. Everybody row.

Everybody row.

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Gunmen remain dead.

TX-20 likes this.
  8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Just watched the second episode. By the looks of it they are cherry picking the topics that you associate with the X files, an alien conspiracy one, a child with special powers, next week a monster one. So far so good I think, it's like it's just picking up where they left off.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Averting eyes as I'm only halfway through Mon's episode.

W... T... F?

Wow, wonderfully strange mix of humor and serious subject matter here. I can't wmember seeing a weirder episode of a show, network or cable, any time recently.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That was the weakest of the new episodes- I had to check the runtime when things went down near the end because it felt so straight forward I thought there had to be more to it.

Mulder tripping, the younger similar agents and the end scene were either funny or touching but everything else just felt so simplistic- particularly its take on terror which seemed to lack any nuance for very little gain.

11. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I kept waiting for them to subvert the straight up terrorism plot but nope. I enjoyed the doppelganger agents and the drug trip but this was pretty dire overall. Carter should really just be overseeing the show, not writing or directing. Both of his episodes have been the worst of this revival. Not especially hopeful for next week either.

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh man.....loved the finale but that ending! We sure as hell better be getting another season!

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    That ending HAD to be Chris Carter's way of daring Fox to turn down another mini-series/season.

jp-30 likes this.
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    That was kind of my thought too....it sounds like everyone is on board if they can find a time everyone is available.

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The ****!? Old school season cliffhanger. Bring the next one on... In 2018! I guess?

The2ndQuest and cubman987 like this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I loved these new episodes and feel Carter and the gang have not skipped a beat, I felt that in the two Alien Episodes Scully had a really raspy voice, heck may be she had a cold when they were filming? But the thing I loved Is I could have written this, a GOV take over splicing Human and Alien DNA to make a Super Elite of society, and kill off the rest of humanity, sounds Like what Trump wants to do If he becomes President starting with rounding up Mexicans door to door and puting them In camps and kicking them out and building a wall to keep them out on the borders, sounds an awful lot like Nazis or East Berlin In the 50's and 60's and I can see mixing Aliens in the whole thing and I don't mean Illegal Aliens ....

17. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    It's nice to know that the science adviser to the X-Files has been keeping up to date :p

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hmmmm.

cubman987 likes this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I Meant it is so good it writes itself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and speaks to me and how I perceive Society to be which Is what drew me to the show to begin with all those years ago!!!!!!!!

20. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    1 Really Good Episode
    2 Good Episodes
    3 Awful Episodes

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  21. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    All of the horrible episodes have one commonality: all written and directed by Chris Carter. He really should just oversee the series. His scripts are terrible, his directing is amateurish, he makes very good actors deliver terrible dialogue and he's completely lost any semblance of sanity with the mytharc. I'm glad we got three good episodes but the three bad ones were some of the worst.

TX-20 likes this.
  22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    [face_dunno] I liked all 6.

23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah I didn't think any of the episodes were bad, the 5th episode was pretty average but I enjoyed the others quite a bit.

24. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    After watching this, I think my current series rankings would be...

01. Season Five
    02. Season Three
    03. Season Four
    04. Season Two
    05. Season One
    06. Season Eight
    07. Season Six
    08. Season Nine
    09. Season Seven
    10. Season Ten

I'll definitely watch Season Eleven. Which is a given based on the ratings for this revival.

25. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Note: X-files S10 finale SPOILERS below:

It sounds like I'm one of the only X-files fan that LIKED the finale. It was nostalgic & fitting to see the mutated?! Cigarette Smoking man, Agent Reyes from X-files S8-9; and, the epidemic plot-line was very gripping. I really dug the final scene with the UFO light shining down on Scully, and the abrupt ending.

I knew they weren't going to be able to resolve everything in a 42-minute episode, especially since they were getting close to the end and things were spinning out of control. Even if they never do another episode, it's nice to speculate on what happened.

And, though a lot of folks are complaining about the unresolved ending - even more would probably have complained if they had rushed things & tried to resolve the whole story in 42 minutes.

At least this opens up the door to a sequel. Even if it doesn't happen, though, I'm fine with the ending as it stands.

By the same token, I also enjoyed the unresolved finales of: The last episode of the cult TV series Twin Peaks (1991), the finale of The Sopranos (2007), and the last scene of one of my favorite & extremely underrated films Limbo (1999).

BigAl6ft6 and jp-30 like this.