main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass X-Mas '05 Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jeffbacca, Dec 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Alrighty gang its that time of year and its time for the annual Christmas party. This year Rhode Squadron, Boston Rebels and Foxboro Syndicate will all be joining together for a wonderful holiday get together. Mike (DarthWormie) has graciously opened up his home for the occasion. Please PM Mike or myself for directions to his house.

Mike has given both this sunday 11th and the sunday after that 18th for possible dates. I'm leaning more towards this sunday. Since the 18th is the sunday before christmas and I'm sure people will be busy enough. Let me know if that will be a problem. If enough people want to change the date we can do that.

As far as secret santa goes: due to such short notice its going to be a little different. If you are coming to the party and want to participate please bring a present. No more then $15. The catch: you won't know who you have until everyone gets there. We'll pull names at the party.

Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I know I just posted a reply to this on the Boston side so I figured I might as well here.

This Sunday would be the best for me since next Sunday we are having an Xmas party at my in-laws. We are out of town for Xmas this year so everything gets a lil goofy. lol

I will make sure to pick up something or look around the house for a Secret Squirrel gift. lol

Mike do you need people to bring anything food or drink wise? I can bring a few things to help out. Chris I will try to con the ol' lady into some chicken wings since you loved them so much during the Labor day party. lol

3. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    I also just dropped a big old reply to this post over on the Boston boards, so I'll keep this one brief.

Jorge, If your wife wants to make up some wings, your more than welcomed to bring them along. I think the main plan for food is ordering a few pizza's. I'll supply the soda but if anyone else wants to bring some snacks or a desert of some kind, please feel free.

I'm located out in Hopkinton, right off of 495. For those who need directions, PM me and I'll get them to you ASAP. For those who are coming via public transportation, I'm about 10 minutes from the Ashland commuter rail station.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I make sure to ask the ol' lady about the wings. So she doesn't make too many I might need a head count before Sat that if we have the Party on Sunday. lol

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am looking forward to this. :)

Anything you may need Mike let me know I can pick it up.

I was talking with Jeff and maybe if anyone wants I can bring the Star Wars Holiday Special.

I always tell people you have to see it once in your life and it is 2 hours of your life you can't get back. [face_laugh]

The Boba Fett cartoon is good though and the commercial for the Vintage Star Wars toys was worth it for me.

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Unfortunately I haven't seen the Holiday Special or I don't remember if I have seen it. I was a youngling back then and living in rural OH where we only had an antenna that picked up 2 or 3 stations. lol

I would be up for watching the Special I have heard soooooo much about it. lol

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ugh. I remember sitting through that cr*pfest when I was a kid. The week leading up to it's airing was like waiting for Christmas to come. I couldn't wait. I remember sitting there on my couch waiting for something cool to happen. Two hours later, I was still there, waiting for something cool to happen :( I mean come on, what 8 year old kid wants to see Bea Arthur and Art Carney wandering around aimlessly in the SW universe. Don't even get me started on the extended scenes spoken only in Wookiee with no subtitles.

Bravo has been airing a special this month called "The 50 Best Things about the Holidays". #5 is the SW Holiday Special and it's not for good reasons. Not sure if it's true, but they said that George Lucas was so disappointed with the final product that he actually removed his name from the closing credits.

Oops! In my Holiday Special rant I almost forgot to mention that if you need to reach me via the boards, I'll only be available until around 5PM tomorrow (Friday). My internet connection is down at home, so if you need to reach me between Friday night and Sunday afternoon, give me a call at home. If you need the number, PM me.

8. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well everyone I am sorry to say I cannot make the meet this Sunday.

My Grandfather passed away early this morning and his wake is on Sunday and I have his funeral on Monday.

Sorry I am not trying to bring people down with this post I just don't want you all to think I am flaking out of the meet.

I hope you guys have a great time and I will see you all next time. :)

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your loss if you need anything let me know.

Don't worry about the meet man there will be more. Just concentrate on your family and take care of yourself.

Jorge

10. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Very sorry to hear that Chris. I'll see you today.

Jorge and Mike would you guys be interested and postponing this meet till after Xmas. It seems we won't have as big of a get together I was hoping for. Whether its cause of the holiday rush and what not it doesn't look like anyone else is going to make it. Hopefully by moving it and having a post-holiday party we can get a better showing. Let me know what you think.

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    We can move it til after Xmas that would be alright with me. Have it in early Jan would work. Or we can have a Super Bowl party or something. After thinking about it last night I was going to suggest the same thing Jeff. I haven't seen much activitiy on the boards lately besides us (Mike, Chris, you, and myself) Things seem to be slow all over the place. I am not sure if it is because people have too much going on right now or if they have just said the heck with the boards who knows. Hopefully more people will start posting again and things can get on track with that.

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Chris,

I so sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

If you guys want to postpone the party until after the new year, that's fine by me. I'd also love to have as many people there as we can have and if that means putting it off for a couple of weeks, then so be it.

13. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think at this point and time it would be best to say hold off. With the weather we just got I will probably be doing snow removal all day Sat and then work all day on Sunday. I am not looking forward to it. lol

14. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your loss Chris. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.