main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW X-MEN 2 - Special Preview Screening - April 28

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ki-Bara-Mundi, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Storm also could have acted in that instant as well...

And I think Xavier's little smile and the panning back to the Lake at the end paves the way for s comeback in 3 ;)

2. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    Tek i know its a movie, and in movies certain things aren't explained and left unsaid, but my question is valid, they never explored certain issues with Jean at all.

Possible SPOILER INFO

Adm you obviously don't read many xmen comics. Emma Frost, AKA the White Queen used her telepathic powers to take control of iceman and used his powers to the maximum limit, therefor boosting his powers.

Cable has aswell controlled other mutants and boosted their powers, so has Prof X and Jean.
    With the combined efforts of Jean Prof X, Iceman could of easily frozen that vast amount of water, and in fact he has done so before. But only with the help of one world class telepath.
    The Pheonix entity has unlimited power, and it chose Jean because it knew she could handle the power. If Jean as the Pheonix Entity, can destroy worlds and contain the blast and shockwave, then it would have no problems controlling a jet and a large amount of water.

END SPOILER!!

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    VERY cool movie! Totally kicked the other ones ass.

SPOILERS

the question is, does jean have thje Pheonix entity as it is in the comics? or are her powers just massively increasing? theres a lot of backstory that goes along with a jean/pheonix tale and that may be more than they can explain in the film. my guess is its a natural power increase. th audio commentary by Singer in Xmen 1.5 has some hints to this actually. still we'll see!

now who got some of the cameos? Siryn, kitty, Arty, Jubilee and Colossus 9and it was an AWESOME Colossus, i wish we'd gotten more of) were obvious, but what else did u see? i saw;

Remy Lebeau (Gambit) as a name above Magnetos on the list that mystique looked at. theres probably more there but i didnt get time to look.

Henry McCoy (Beast) being interviewed on TV.

Archangels wing was shown as an Xray in the room near the end where u could see logan and Deathstrikes Xrays.

Thats all i saw, theres probably more.

spoilers end

All in all a GREAT movie.

4. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    Possible SPOILER INFO

We're not talking about the comics IG-88a. In the comics Colossus is Russian, but if you listen to his accent in the movie he's American.

And from what Scott says to Jean about her powers developing I took it to be that she hadn't been in possession of those powers for long. As for how they're going to explain the Phoenix entity this time, who knows. You're identifying the Pheonix entity in the movie with the one in the comics, we don't know that they have the same abilities.

With Bobby, he's still developing his powers. In my mind he still would not have the degree of control he has in the comics, he's older than his mid-teens then.

END SPOILER!!

5. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    you dorks and your getting to see it early.

pffft!

*goes off and pouts*

6. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Miss Carmen I am not a dork, i am Geek and proud of it! :D

7. legacyAccount

May 22, 2012
    bah.

you're a geeky dork.

8. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
  9. legacyAccount

May 22, 2012
    i have no response to that...

well, except OFF TOPIC POST!

stay on topic, yo [/goody-two shoes]

so, yeah, i'm excited about seeing it. hoepfully sometime this weekend, but that's not even a sure thing because i've got so much stuff going on.

graduating sucks, didja know that?

10. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    I am going to collect my sunglasses now, let ya know how bad or good they are shortly :)

11. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    Plastic sunnies...

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Can someone correct me on this, I heard from someone else that Pyro in the comics is aussie, confirm or deny please.

I know that Colossus is american, it's just that hollywood would in no way spend money getting someone from russia ( the old enemy) to play him, and no decent american would ever fake a russian accent.

13. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    *waves sunnies at IG*

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wow.

Wow.

WOW.

The movie was super mega cool.

:D

I don't know if Pyro was Aussie or not - I still shudder when I think what they did with Boomerang - An Australian BASEBALL player?!? :p

E_S

15. 404NotFound

404NotFound Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2003
    I saw it tonight, kick ass movie :D

Loved it when Magneto pulled the pins from the grenades, coolest trick ever!

16. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Yes Pyro is meant to be an Aussie. Same as Wolvie is meant to be canadian but you don't hear him say aboot or aye

17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wolverine does look spritely for a young man of around 120 years or so! :D

E_S

18. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    he's older than Montgomery C Burns

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Cause of his Regeneration powers

20. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    i don't mean to be picky... well ok i do, its called his Healing Factor, :D
    I can't wait until they announce the wolvie movie. and there will be one, a story of who he was before he joined the xmen, of how he got his adamantium, and what he did before that. Yes i know they explained how he got his adamantium already, but this is how he was chosen to be part of the program. I would of liked to of seen in the first xmen movie some sort of relationship with wolvie and sabertooth, like they already knew each other.

21. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Saw it again last night. I got a call at around 9:25 asking if I wanted to go to the movies; we went to a 9:30 session. S2B the guys that I went with cos they missed out on the first 5 mins! :p

BOBBY'S DAD: What exactly are you a professor of?
    LOGAN: Arts.

[face_laugh]

22. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    Rogue: This is professor Logan
    :D

Ki, better one-liners in x2 than the first film.

23. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Oh come one, you can't possible be saying that Wolvie's line to Cyclops was not the the best one liner in xmen?

24. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Yep, it was good. Not the Second Coming that many here seem to indicate but a very enjoyable way to pass a couple of hours. Though I did have a huge grin on my face when I saw the cameo on the TV in the bar. Nightcrawler was just fantastic.

And nothing beats Wolvie's one-liner to Scott in X1. Nothing.

25. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    Hey IG, want these sunglasses? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.