main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW X-MEN 2 - Special Preview Screening - April 28

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ki-Bara-Mundi, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Nightcrawler in the opening is officially THE coolest openbing to a comic film. i was practically giggling.

And i thought pyro was english, but its been awhile since i read any Xmen. IIRC He's dead in the comics anyway. im pretty sure the Legacy Virus got him.

2. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    KICK ASS.

It was great, definately an improvement which, IMO, places much more expectation on X3, and all that...

I spotted the Bar cameo, as well as all the obvious ones. I noticed the name that Craig pointed out, but it didn't register until now. And I totally missed the last one.

Anyway, I thought it was very cool, much happier walking out of X2 than X1. No matter what you say, Nightcrawler makes it all better - even the most adamant fanboy can't be dissappointed with him. :D

3. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    That opening with Nightcrawler was awesome.

4. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    And i thought pyro was english, but its been awhile since i read any Xmen. IIRC He's dead in the comics anyway. im pretty sure the Legacy Virus got him.

Woah, I actually know something. ;)

A gigantic comics nut was talking to me about X-Men 2 and this is something that actually stuck - Pyro was apparently St John Aldrice (sp?) an Australian novelist.

And apparently he also didn't die of the Legacy Virus, but sacrificed himself for the X-Men because he was dying anyway.

Woah. I can't believe I just said that. Remind me never to listen to the bloody comics encyclopedia again. (Athough admittedly it was my fault, I asked about X-Men. ;))

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Which one was Kitty Pryde? ?[face_plain]

E_S

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh yeah, she's the kid who runs through the walls, by bad! :D

E_S

7. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    "Let's just say I know a little girl who can walk through walls." ;)

BTW, I know they got a new actress to play Kitty Pryde in X2 but why make the age difference so much more than it was before. In X1 she was about Rogue's age, but in X2 she looks like she's 13 yrs old.

8. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I just got this from a friend, enjoy.

Worst. Prequel. Ever.
    I don't think I've ever seen such a stupid film. First, it's missing all of the major characters from the first one. Is one of those kids in the prep school supposed to be Xander? None of them look like him, none of them act like him, and none of them seem to be named "Xander" at all. Maybe that really big kid in the silver body armor that saves the other kids is supposed to be him (it seems like something he'd do), but he hardly has any lines at all and he doesn't even have any tattoos. I'd think at that age Xander would have at least a couple tattoos! I'd think a prequel would do something with his character! It should at least show him doing some exxxtreme sports and getting kicked out of the richy prep school!
    And where the Hell is Augustus Gibbons? Is he supposed to be in that bunch of Army guys that attack the prep school? It seems like the kind of foot-to-ass-for-my-country top secret black-ops mission that Gibbons would have done, but again, none of the troops look like him at all. I'd at least like to have seen how his face got all messed up!
    What about Yorgi or Yelena? Is that blue guy with the accent supposed to be Yorgi? Why is he blue? Some kind of night camouflage? And what's with the tail? Wasn't Yorgi in the Russian Army, and not hanging around with a bunch of teachers in some pricey American prep school? Didn't he get all P.O.ed at the Russian Army and that's why he called his group "Anarchy 99"? Where is that story? Not in X2!
    And the special effects! They suck so much! I know the first film is way over-the-top, especially at the end with the car chase and the hydrofoil and the parasailing part, but at least the action looks pretty realistic. X2 is a mess. I don't know if some things got left on the cutting room floor or what, but every time that blue character does something, that puff of smoke makes it look like he magically disappears. Maybe the speakers at the theater I saw it at are blown, but there was also a popping noise whever he moved. I can understand a highly trained athlete moving really fast, but this guy looks like he's teleporting! The knives that pop out of the hairy guy's sleeves are awful -- they look like they come out of the backs of his hands! What's up with that? On the other hand, those laser glasses that Scott has are pretty cool.
    And what's up with all the missing equipment? There are a couple characters ("Jean," "Storm," and "Eric") that look like they can do stuff with just their minds! Maybe Eric's helmet is special; there are some jokes about it and he kind of cleverly points to it later in the film, but I'd like to have heard an explanation about how it works. And what's up with Storm? Her eyes get all milky and then there's some lightning or something?!?! If I didn't know better, I'd think they were trying to say she can make weather with her mind! The editors really dropped the ball when they cut out all the gear!
    And the villain is soooo played out. An old bald guy in a wheelchair? Jesus. Just add a big white cat and you've got Ernst Stavro Blofeld all over again. At least they made the big wall full of monitors in his hideout kind of cool (even if they did leave out the countdown clock and the Red Button).

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  10. Ayla_Kenobi

Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Well Ben and I finally got to see it tonight. Wow from someone who doesn't read that many comics I thought it was great. Except I have no idea what you guys are talking about when you mention the pheonix entity. You guys will have to fill me in at the next meet.

11. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    When Kitty was introduced in the comics, she was 13. Now I think shes about 18-19, but then i dont read Mechanix which is what she appears in ATM.

And like i said, i havent read Xmen in ages. I think it went downhill after the AoA, though when Joe Madeuria was on Uncanny I was buying it for the art.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.