main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 2 !!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by sergejg, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDarkSkull

TheDarkSkull Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    A short review of the film. Nearly perfect except for Cyclops at the end, he seemed out of place. Now I say at the end because for the rest of the film I really enjoyed his moments. Esp when they begin gasing Prof X and Cyclops tries to free him.

Now I fail to see how Magneto was weak, the field force is unrealistic so that doesn't exactly count. If by being weak you mean getting tortured and revealing the mansion? I think that he purposely allowed that to happen to him. Magneto was always protrayed as the "puppet master" in the comics. Remember that he knew about Stryker's plans even without going into Wolverine's thoughts, ect. He also was obviously keeping in contact with Mystique and she already had the information on Cybro and Stryker's designs as well. Magneto knew that Stryker was pushing the war further and what he was doing with Prof X. So in reaction he played everyone into wipping out the human race. Doesn't seem weak to me.

2. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    As an ex-X-Men fan, I was pretty skeptical about this movie. I'd opted not to see the first one, but was persuaded to see X2. Overall, I have to say I was delightfully surprised. Far from perfect, but still very good. The finale struck me as being a bit uneven, however, and a little anti-climactic in parts. Also, I could have done without all the saliva exchanging. Minor complaints, I suppose.

It's pretty obvious where the next one's heading, and I'll be looking forward to it. I hope Cyclops (my favorite character) has a larger role. I'll also have to check out the first one.

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok- I'm not a comic fan. I had no idea who any of the characters were before seeing the first one (on DVD.) Loved the movie and couldn't wait for the sequels.

I've had a good time reading through the last few pages to get a hint of things to come w/ Jean Gray. [Obi-Wan's voice] If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. [/Obi-Wan's voice]

First off- the sequel was FANTASTIC! Best part of the film... Storm aka Halle Barry lost her annoying accent :p

I loved Nightcrawler and this possible chemistry w/ Storm. He seems to be a very interesting character who will be a great new addition to the team down the road. He was very sympathetic as a character.

Loved the stuff w/ all the males getting their testosterone amped up :D

I do wish we'd seen more Rogue- but I guess they're working on building her up. I liked the way she extinguished Pyro [face_mischief]

Overall it was excellent- I need to see it a few more times to catch everything because the film went by too quick.

I do wish that the female Wolverine chick would've fallen out of Striker's control and possibly turned to join the X-team- but oh well.

My only complaint... What do you mean that was all???? :eek: :mad: :mad:

GAHHHHH!!!! :_| :_| :_|

(Also began film by salivating over amazing preview for The Matrix... this summer's gonna be great for films... even if there is no SW)

4. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Storm aka Halle Barry lost her annoying accent

That was one of my beefs. This took place like less then a month after the first, and all of a sudden, no more accent. You'd think an oscar-winning actress could do the same accent 2 movies in a row [face_plain]

5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Actually I've heard that the people in charge told her to lose the accent because she didn't do it very well in the first one.

6. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn - Thanks for the correction about X-Men Omega.

I loved it when Wolverine got shot in the head, and yes, the grenade pins!

7. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Best line was when Logan saw Deathstrike's claws for the first time: "Holy $#!+"

That tops "You're a dick" from the first one :D

8. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "I loved it when Wolverine got shot in the head, and yes, the grenade pins! "

Ok, the grenade pins were awesome, but the shot in the head, was to unrealistic. There was like almost no blood what so ever. I know that they had to keep it PG-13, but c'mon thats about the amount of blood I see when I get a paper cut. I think getting shot in the head would be a little more bloody.

Forcebewitya!

9. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    lol

You're right about that, the bullet's exit wound would have blown out a bit of his skull, spraying blood over Rogue and Pyro.

10. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Exit wound? Ummm are you forgetting he has an adantium bones? the bullet wouldn't even get close to his brain.

11. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    There was no exit wound because the bullet was stopped cold by Wolverine's adamantium. Remember, it covers EVERY bone, including the skull. The worst it did was knock him out and cut his scalp, and the healing factor took care of that.

12. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    doh!

I should know better.

13. TheDarkSkull

TheDarkSkull Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    You have failed me for the last time, redxavier.

* begins to force choke redxavier *

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some titbits I picked up last night when I saw it again:

-The museum fossil the one kid touches is of a Sabretooth Tiger.

-Stryker's computer's second monitor has entries for Omega Red and Muir Island.

-I'm fairly certain that Xavier senses the Phoenix or something in that last scene of his; thus his "everything is going to be alright."

-You can see x-rays of Deathstrike's hands on the wall among others in the lab.

Also, someone in the community X2 thread posted afull list of what was on Stryker's computer's first monitor:

Harada, Keniucho
    Kane, Garrison
    LeBeau, Remy
    Lensherr, Eric M.
    Maddicks, Artie
    Madrox, Jamie
    Mahn, Xi'an Coy
    Maximoff (2)
    MacTaggart, Kevin
    Moonstar, Danielle
    Munroe Ororo

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I thought the movie was really good, and like Karrde said Wolverine's line "holy ****" was the best line in the movie.

When I saw it again last night, I caught Jubilee's name being called, which was pretty cool. I would have prefered to see her as a fully trained X-Man, but at least she was in there. Did anyone see Gambit in the movie? I heard that there is a kid with a card in his hand, which could only be Gambit.

I can't wait to see Phoenix in action, she is going to be causing quite the mayhem in the next movie.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    There was a short cameo of Gambit (supposedly on a TV interview or something) that was cut from the film- he was played by a stuntman for the film who fully expected the role to be recast should they bring Gambit into the next film.

However, you can still find Gambit's real name (Remy) on Stryker's computer's list as I reposted above.

17. RubberDuckyfromSpace

RubberDuckyfromSpace Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I don't know "Holy ****!" was funny but I think the best line was "But in ze Munich circus I vas known as ze INCREDIBLE NIGHTCRAWLER."

18. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    That figures, he had to be in a deleted scene. <_> I hope they add him into the next movie, he was always one of my favorite X-Men which include Rogue and Wolverine.

I saw his name on the list you provided, I did not catch it either time when I saw the movie.

Thanks Quest!

19. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    That's funny, I also thought of Legion with the Jason character. I thought it was just me, hehe.

I really wanted to hear an opinion of a Cyclops fan, seems like they are not that disapointed then, In my opionion X3 could be his last chance of being an important character with the whole Phoenix stuff. So far I have hated him, hehe. As someone suggested Havock should be in the next one as a bad guy.

Hey I was wondering if somebody knows what Nightcrawler keeps saying in German when Storm and Jean find him in the church?

Another question, I stopped reading the X-men comics shortly after age of apocalypse, could anybody tell me if wolverine got his adamantium back? (by the way, I agree that magneto ripping of wolverine's adamantium would be amazing for any future xmen movie!)

20. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Yes, yes. Wolverine got the adamantium back when Apocolypse made him a horseman. Wolverine became Death, and his first task was to kill the Hulk. That was one really cool fight!

21. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I like James Marsden's Cyclops, I just wish there was more of him. But I guess I'm not surprised that "cool characters" like Wolverine and Nightcrawler get so much screen time.

22. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Mystique was Rogue's FOSTER MOTHER in the comics. I don't think she was Kurt Wagner's biological mom.

Nightcrawler was so darned cool.

"My name is Kuuuuurt Vaaaahhhgnahh."

23. HandmaidenAnde

HandmaidenAnde Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Nai, my friends pretty much said the same thing on Friday night. Cyclops has always been my favorite character, and when I complained about his lack of screen time, a few of them laughed and said it was better spent on the other cool characters because Cyclops was too "goody-goody'. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I never saw him that way. In all his previous incarnations, I felt he was a strong leader who was always looking out for the good of the team. I'm very much hoping he gets more scenes in X3.

Andé :)

24. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Speaking of X3, has that begun filming yet? I hope we don't have another 3 year wait for the next one. I hate it when that happens. :(

25. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Poor Cyke. He just doesn't get no respect. I'm quite grateful that Singer kept Jean loyal to him, though. (And nice sig quote, by the way.) On a related note, I wonder if we're going to see Cable in a future movie? That would be interesting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.