main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 2 !!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by sergejg, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Speaking of X3, has that begun filming yet?

From what I've read, Bryan Singer is doing another film first. They'll probably film X3 next summer/fall.

2. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Devilanse, Mystique is indeed Nightcrawler's biological mother in the comic books.

3. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    How about the Mutant Massacre? That would seem to me to be a cool storyline for maybe the fourth or fifth movie. Do Dark Phoenix next, then Sentinels, and then the Mutant Massacre. Of course, then you've got to have Angel.

4. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Kaine...
    What is the number of the X-comic that shows this? I gotta see it. Mystique seems to have alot of maternal instincts. The only mutant I know of that she had a maternal relationship was Rogue. And she wasn't Rogue's biological mom.

5. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Mystique is indeed Kurt's mother, in addition to being foster parent (with another chick called Destiny) to Rogue.

She also had a child through Sabretooth. Craydon Creed is his name I think, abandoned because he was human... or have I got my details messed up?

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    X-comic and number please. I gotta verify this.

7. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    I like how all the movies begin with Xaviers' speech about evolution and mutants, and I loved it when they had Famke do the same voiceover at the very end. Very Wrath of Khan-ish ;)

8. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I always thought Mystique was Kurt's mother as well. I seem to remember a comic that ended on a cliff in which it was revealed that Mystique was Kurt's mom, but I could be remembering it wrong.

9. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    "X-comic and number please. I gotta verify this."

I'm sorry but I don't know the exact numbers. I suggest checking out a character database on the internet, something like 'mutatis mutandis' which goes into considerable detail.

10. bad radio

bad radio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    If I remember correctly the Mystique/Nightcrawler connection is in one of the X-Men Unlimited books, although I can?t remember what issue. Maybe 3 or 4???

11. ExarKun74

ExarKun74 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2003
    I have the Wizard magazine where Alan Cumming(Nightcrawler)is told by Singer that he is Mystics son.

On that computer list... was Angels real name on there as well?I thought I saw it

12. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
  13. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Are they any really good X-Men sites out there, where you can ready about the characters, stories, etc....

Also is X-Men Evolution any good on Cartoon Network.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I've been catching X-Men Evolution at night and I've been digging it so far- the tone is closer to the films than the comics or previous animated series.

At first I was reluctant to check it out, because I found it difficult to hear the different voice actors playing the characters versus the ones used in the Animated Series, Arcade Game and various Capcom vs Marvel games; but once you get past that, it's a pretty decent series.

15. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Also, a nice little parallel I discovered while watching the delete scenes on my X-Men DVD today:

X-Men
    Iceman: What's your name?
    Rogue: Rogue.
    Iceman: No, your real name.
    Rogue: Marie.

X2
    Magneto: What's your name?
    Pyro: John.
    Magneto: No, your real name.
    Pyro: Pyro.

16. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "Exit wound? Ummm are you forgetting he has an adantium bones? the bullet wouldn't even get close to his brain. "

DUH! I also forgot about that for a second. sorry about that, cant believe I was so dumb. I still think that there would have been a little more blood though. I also was displeased with the lack of Gambit, I would really like to see him in the next movie, along with Jubilee, they could build her charater like they did for Iceman in this one. It would be cool to see the original cast from the cartoons. If Gambit did come back it would be interesting to see if his relationship with Rouge will occur, ya know because of Bobby.

Forcebewitya!

17. wild_karrde

Oct 8, 1999
    Yeah, they're kinda in a hole with what to do with Remy Lebeau. If they made him younger so he could hit on Rogue, it'd just look like a rip off of the Logan-Jean-Scott triangle. But if they made him an adult, then he couldn't hit on her (without being arrested) and that would take away a big part of his character :(

18. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Four words:

Colin Farrell as Gambit.

Mmmmm. Or, barring that, Orlando Bloom. Both are very good with accents, very, very talented, and attractive enough to bring in an audience that might have been missed for the first two films.

Err, anyway. I just saw X2 last night, and I must admit I was fairly impressed. (I never got to see all of the first one, and it's probably better that way.) The performances were fantastic (Ian McKellen rocks!) and the effects were masterfully done. An enjoyable film all around. (I was also shocked to learn that Nightcrawler was played by Emma's Mr. Elton. Gasp! No one can accuse him of being typecast.)

But I must admit (and call me a newbie) that the water thing bugged me too. At that point in the movie I leaned over to my friend in the next seat and whispered, "Can't they just have Iceman freeze it?"

"Yeah," she answered, "do they just use him for soda?"

Heehee. Good times, good times.

Anyway. I am very much looking forward to the next installment, and can't wait to see the Phoenix rise from the proverbial ashes. Or lake. Whatever.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I am wondering if they'll be able to do anything with the Remy/Rogue thing also...I suppose they could refocus his attention to another character- Jubilee seems older, so maybe her?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Another pararell between X2 and X1 deleted scenes is in one, Rogue asks Storm if the Professor can cure her- a train of thought similar to what Stryker believed Xavier could have done for his son.

21. CorranHalcyon

CorranHalcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Does anyone else think that Singer sort of shot himself in the foot with Phoenix? I really enjoyed the movie, but it's going to be impossible to do the Phoenix storyline without seriously gutting the comics. I just hope they don't say that Phoenix is a part of Jean's mutant powers...

22. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    During the scene on the jet when Pyro is talking to Magneto and Mistique, I was practically waiting for McKellan to say "I can see you becoming the greatest of all mutants" And when the scene was over, I realized that it was the wrong movie that I was thinking about! Did anyone else notice the similarity?

Of the four incarnatins of the X-Men story, (comics, two cartoons, and the movies) I enjoyed the early-ninetees cartoon the most, even thought it was probably the most different from the other three. BTW, I just heard that it is possible to purchase at least part of the original cartoon series, does anyone else know about this?

I enjoyed X2 greatly. It is probably the best movie that I have seen in two or three years (I don't see too many movies, though) IMO, it exceeded the first movie in every way. They should have either waited to release this one or begin production on the third sooner, because the near-cliffhanger ending was almost too much. If the third film is the Phoenix Saga, which it probably is, I wonder how it will be handled. Will they include the aliens, or complete revamp that aspect?

23. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    I wonder too how will they handle the Phoenix story. So far this X-men universe has been kind of more "realistic" than the others, so including the aliens would really change a lot the "mood". I don't think they are going to include them, but it would be awesome if they did.

By the way, I also noticed the resemblance of the Pyro and Anakin fall, hehe, its around page 2 of the thread I think.hehe.

24. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't see what would be wrong with having the Pheonix be a natural progression of Jean's abilities.

I doubt even the comic book Iceman, with all his experience and power, could have frozen that wave of water. It was just too big and coming too fast. And before anyone says Storm can do it again, when was the last time you seen tornadoes stopping waves that big in their tracks? One of the points of that scene is that the Pheonix is the only mutant powerfull enough to stop something like that.

25. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I thought this film was better than the first one. The first one seems like a small introduction to a larger picture. A good film filled with story and action, I look forward to the third one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.