main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 2 !!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by sergejg, May 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Reports of cast and crew members leaving the team don't exactly instill me with confidence. I never thought Halle Berry was appropriate as Storm, but having a different actor play the character will make the series seem a bit disjointed. And Hugh Jackman had better be back for the next installments. He was practically born for the role of Logan. Let's just hope the X-Men movie franchise doesn't follow Batman's example. Rubber nipples, anyone?

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    "However, I can say that Iceman was actually one of the original team of X-Men - they've edited his age and role severely ... but I'm not complaining. "

Yeah, he was but then he like rebelled or something didn't he. I thought he just went solo after awhile. Anyway, yeah Gambit is by far the coolest X-Man, the stick and the cards are so cool! anyway, I read the thing about Halle not being storm and Hugh saying maybe!? NO! that is terrible, if the actors are taken up by different people X3 wont be very good no matter what the plot is. I personally like Halle for storm, and Hugh for wolvering (the best pick) so thats disturbing. Is that final or whats the deal with it?

Forcebewitya!

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>but having a different actor play the character will make the series seem a bit disjointed<<

Well, they did it with Shadow Cat, Jubilee and Pyro, between the first two movies and would have done so with Gambit too has his cameo remained, and the new actor for Pyro turned out to be a hell of a lot better than the original choice, so who's to say someone else couldn't do a better job as Storm?

Though, it'd probably be best if they just dropped Storm and brought in a new character.

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, if anyone decided to leave, the best thing would be to agree to do a cameo where the character could either die or go away for some reason.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I highly doubt Hugh Jackman will turn his back and not return for the next couple of flicks. This role MADE his career and got him noticed. He's successfully been able to switch over into other genres of films easily w/o being typecast. Besides, all Fox has to do is throw him a huge paycheck and he'll willingly clear his schedule to stay on.

As for Halle Barry, I don't think she's necessarily contributing a great deal to the character. There are other talented African American actresses who can step into her boots, and Fox can pay one of them a lot less than Halle's salary. (I would recommend they keep her as being African-American- otherwise it would be WAYYY too confusing and screw w/ the continuity of the films.)

6. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    I wasn't pleased with the original decision to cast Halle Berry as Storm (I was personally hoping for a sixty-five year old Indian woman) but at least the decision made sense, and the story would be too disjointed and confusing if they were to switch up the actors and actresses even more.

I saw the original again today, and I don't think I could have accepted a different actess for Storm. Jean would have been acceptable, but I couldn't even remember what she looked like by the time the second came around. Most of Cyclops's face is covered for much of the story, and he had a pretty small part anyway, so he could have been changed. Changing Rogue, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, McKellan (That's his name, right?) or Halle Berry would have made it seem like a completely different movie.

I, for one, am against further changing the actors (unless its Jean being changed, in which case I probably wouldn't even notice)

7. CorranHalcyon

CorranHalcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    A 65 year old woman is way too old to play Storm. About Iceman leaving...that was in the cartoon not the comic, unless you count when he and the other members of the original team formed X-Factor.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Angela Bassett would make a good Storm, IMO.

9. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    The inner-comic geek has been unleashed now. Especially with the flashes of the Phoenix in Jean Grey...man I cannot wait till X3...it'll kick some major butt.

10. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    The producers have said that the X-Men movies revolve around Wolverine, and they wouldn't make another X-Men movie without Hugh Jackman. So let's all pray he'll be coming back.....
    I personally think he will be....he's admitted he enjoys this role, and I can't see how any actor can turn down such a well-developed role....

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I finally saw the movie today, but I wasn't paying attention at the end:

Why couldn't Nightcrawler teleport out to grab Jean after the jet got lifted up? If he can do it to catch a falling Rogue, surely he can do it to help Jean!

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He tries to (you see a small puff of that blue smoke around him) after Wolverine orders him to, but Nightcrawler says "she won't let me".

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some more tidbits from Dark Horizons:

X3 : Production Designer Guy Dyas spoke with Countingdown about all sorts of design work required for the over five dozen sets used in "X2", and talk came up of the inevitable sequel which he says he hasn't heard anything official about as of yet. He did confirm some of the designs they did for "X2" but not used in the film will be saved for future films. Amongst those are the following, see if you can guess which ones will eventually see the light of day: "The Danger Room and the Danger Room control room (where someone can monitor & supervise the training sessions), Beast and Beast's laboratory, Angel and Archangel, The interior of Alkali Lake's abandoned base which included some very intricate prison cells and a giant cylindrical room where a big mid-air fight sequence was going to happen between Toad and Nightcrawler, a land vehicle that was going to come out of the cargo area of the X-Jet, and a secret level in the Pentagon in Washington D.C.".

14. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Interesting. I can't wait to see Archangel. He was always one of my favorite characters. And if there's Archangel then there may be Apocalypse, though I'm wondering how they'll manage to get him on screen without making it seem overly cheesy. Couldn't be any worse than Arnie's Mr. Freeze, I suppose.

15. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    Angel and Archangel? correctme if I'm wrong, but aren't they the same mutant? wouldn't that be like a whole complete story? to have the archangels fall from grace thing,the story of how apocalypse gave him his cyber body?

16. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Right, a whole Apocalypse storyline (I can't remember what that event was called in the comics). It would be pretty dark, I imagine, with Angel getting nailed up by his wings and all.

17. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Angel and Archangel are indeed the same mutant. Angel became Archangel when he was made into a horseman of Apocalypse.

18. CorranHalcyon

May 19, 2000
    They would have to run through the whole Mutant Massacre storyline.

19. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I dont know why you all dont like storm. I though Halle did a fine job of portraying her character. It isn't like she had a very big role in the movie anyway. Also the thing with Pyro, Pyro in the first X-Men movie had a very small role as opposed to storm who is one of the main characters in the X team.

Forcebewitya!

20. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Indeed, Pyro's appearance in the first movie was a very short cameo, we saw his face for less than 10 seconds. So it's easy to overlook the actor change.

About Storm, whilst she was never one of my favourites in the comics, though I liked her presence in the team(s). There are three reasons why I personally don't like her in the movies.

1)She's not goddess-like
    2)Her powers (seems she needs to charge up, it's too slow - and yeah, she doesn't fly)
    3)Halle Berry's borderline arrogance, distaste and disrespect for her character and the comic book movie genre.

21. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Halle Berry just isn't appropriate for the role in my mind. She doesn't look mature enough. Then again, a number of the characters are little more than children in the movies (like Shadowcat).

22. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Has anyone been able to spot Stan Lee in X2?? I've seen it 3 times now, and I've yet to see him...

23. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    I dont know why you all dont like Storm

Nope, the problem is Halle Berry. She is the only actress to make her character even more boring than Padme, a feat which I though was impossible until now. And she has no excuse, her character has lots of screentime, the writers already did their job (no more "What happens to a Toad..." line :p), but she still screwed up! [face_plain]

Get a better actress for Storm, than the chracter might work. Otherwise, I'm praying the rumor of Halle going out is true. Yes, God, please let it be true!

24. CorranHalcyon

May 19, 2000
    "Has anyone been able to spot Stan Lee in X2?? I've seen it 3 times now, and I've yet to see him... "

I was checking for him too, but I found out he's just not in it. I'm not sure that he's doing cameos in any of the Marvel sequels.

25. sergejg

sergejg Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2002
    I agree with the Halle Berry/Storm haters. I hate them both, hehehe. She should do a cameo where she goes away for some reason and we could have a more interesting mutant in the next movie like the promised Angel, Beast or Gambit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.