X-MEN 2099

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Lord_Fett, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    This is one of the best comics that Marvel produced. Much better than the original X-Men. The characters are much more deep and there is much more drama going on, basically because this X-Men never really worked as a team.

Anyone else is fan of them?
  2. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is the 2099 stuff still going? I know I have a number of the first issues of X-Men 2099, probably up to 10 or 12 or so but I can't remember much about it.
  3. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I have all the 2099 #1s, and the first 10 of Spiderman 2099. Are they still around?
  4. Wolf Jedi Master

star 4
    the 2099 series is not around now. Right now there is only the original marvel verse, and the ultimate marvel verse.

the regular is running, X-men, Uncanny X-men, Astonishing X-men(just started). Also just started is New X-men which is basically like a gen x type thing, and Xcalibur. I'm not sure of the story on that one but Xavier runs it.
  5. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    The 2099 series got Marvel's axe in 1995, due to financial problems. Now, Marvel is making lots of money so maybe they'll resurect the series.
  6. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Now that I thought about it more, I do think the series was axed while I was still collecting comics. I might have the whole run. I'd have to look...
  7. Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master

star 4
    There are rumours that Spider-Man 2099 will soon be returning.

*sigh* What next, Rob Liefeld on X-Force again? :p
  8. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    ..eh, i had most of the #1's, and actually collected "Spider-man 2099" for a bit..

I think the most notorious book was "Doom 2099", penned by WARREN ELLIS!
  9. JediOverlord Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I remember collecting that book. The thing that annoyed me about that book (at the time) was taking time to make Skullfire look like his namesake and how he looked on promo posters,and not including future versions of things like the Sentinels.

To be honest,I wouldn't mind if the 2099 line never came back,becuase stuff like the Ultimate line blows it out of the water.
  10. Mara Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked X-Men 2099, but from the 2099 universe I preferred Spider-Man 2099.

Other than those and Punisher 2099 what other 2099 characters were there? I can't seem to remember.
  11. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    I know there was

Spiderman
    Hulk
    Doom
    Ghost Rider
    Punisher
    Ravage
    XMen

maybe more.
  12. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    This post has nothing to do with the 2099 series but if you're looking for a good read check out the first issue of Identity Crisis by DC.
    It just came out this week.
  13. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The 2099 one shots came out today.

Nothing that spectacular. I leafed through all of them but only picked up DD 2099. It was great but ended up being a fun read.

I still miss Spidey 2099 though :(
  14. DarthLazious Jedi Youngling

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.