main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Now due to the ending of x-2 I undoubtedly believe that that there will be another one, I thought that we could discuss x-3 here.

Questions I pose:
    Any new X-Men?
    More action?
    Will there be more cyclops!!?

any other questions you have are welcome,
    Just discuss!

2. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Brock Lesnar. JUGGERNAUT. 'Nuff said. :p

3. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    The real question is: Will Nightcrawler be teaching German or Theology?

4. RubberDuckyfromSpace

RubberDuckyfromSpace Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    He could teach both.

5. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    lol, I wanna see Gambet! and see phoenix.

6. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Well, here's a question to kick things off:

With all the new characters they're thinking of adding, it's inevitable that a few of the current team members will have to be cut to make room. (Either that, or make a 3 - 4 hour film, Singer.) So, who could you / couldn't you live without in this regard?

Me, I honestly wouldn't mind if Storm got written off.

7. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    considering Halle Berry's little feud w/ bryan singer I think the possiblity of storm coming back is slim....
    I hope and pray that Gambit is in it!

8. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    I could do with less Cyclops.

Magneto and Mystique don't seem to have much of a place in the Phoenix storyline, unless they completely and totally change it.

Storm almost seems guaranteed to not be there right now, so that makes some room.

I also think we have the general idea of what is going on between Iceman and Rogue, so more development in that arena isn't too vital. That also opens up more space. I think a longer movie is inevitable, though.

9. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Well, let's see....with Storm and Jean gone, that leaves Cyclops, Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman and Nightcrawler as the X-team. Beast, Gambit and maybe Colossus would bring us up to 8 X-Men, a decent sized ensemble.

Cyclops is pretty much a must-have (especially if/when Phoenix returns), as well as Wolverine. Rogue is a must if Gambit comes in, otherwise she's not necessary. Iceman (once Rogue dumps him) I'd keep in the background until Archangel shows up ('cuz there's got to be at least ONE scene with the original 1963 lineup in action for the old-school fans at some point) Nightcrawler, after his incredible debut and development, is a must.

Beast we've GOT to have at this point, there's been too much hinted and invested for it not to happen. With Mystique likely out of the picture now (Rebecca's starting to talk motherhood), they'll finally have the makeup budget for him. Gambit could likely serve the Nightcrawler role in X3 (that is, the hook that pulls us into the story). Colossus we don't really need except for the inevitable "fastball special" with Wolverine. :D

10. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I'm all for Gambit to come in. The guy's a legend.

I could live without Cyclops, his character and James Marsden annoy me. Storm could go aswell and I wouldn't be fussed.

I still think Mistique and Magneto will have a big part to play in the third movie. Otherwise the story arc of the first two movie's is thrown away.

11. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    A while ago, I read an interview with the guys that played Iceman and Pyro.
    They were asked about another sequel, and they joked that they were already contracted 'till X25...

12. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    I love the X-Men movies, and the 2nd was actually an improvement on the first. But its a crime how little screen time Cyclops is getting. I think an origin scene for Cyclops at the start of X-Men 3 would be good, similar to the one for Magneto for the first X-Men movie.

13. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    Hmmm...more X-Men threads [face_laugh]

Anyway, based on the movies so far, Wolverine will continue to be a big part. Wonder if Singer is going to follow up with Stryker's last words: "Someday, someone will finish my work, Wolverine!". Could be a great way to finally discover Wolverine's past. So, definitely Logan is in.

I'm happy if Singer continues with Rogue's development so far rather than simply follow the comics. Same with Iceman/Bobby. Cyclops...definitely needs more screentime. Easily done if Halle is fired and Storm's character written out. I wonder if Nightcrawler is still needed...well, he's nice to have around, so that's OK. Xavier would have more or less the same function as the first two movies.

And again, based on the movies so far, Magneto would continue to play a role, with Mystique as sidekick (and for X-3 Pyro will join the gang as well :D). I wonder...would he try to use Phoenix to his own advantage? After all, he has done similar things in the past two movies. In the first movie he used Rogue for his mutant-machine. In X-2 he altered Cerebro and had Mystique (via a Stryker disguise) trick Jason into making Xavier attack humans. So again, looking at the patterns, Magneto might once again try to complete his quest of eliminating humans, and maybe this time by manipulating Jean/Phoenix.

I don't think there should be any more newcomers, aside for any character that would fit that "somone will finish my work" that Stryker hinted. Definitely no more new X-Men for me (aside for an extended role for Colussus maybe? I liked the guy who played him, quite good). A couple of cannon fodder henchmen for Magneto maybe, but other than that, no more!

*shrug* That's all from me.

14. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    The Brotherhood is kinda pathetic compared to the X-Men at the moment! There's just 3 of them!! They can easily reintroduce Sabretooth and Toad without taking up too much time. Now that would be a pretty decent Brotherhood.

15. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Yeah, bring back Sabertooth. Wolverine needs to enact revenge.

16. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The following actors have signed to reprise their X-men roles Famme Jansen (Dr.Jean Grey)
    Rebecca Romjn Stamos (Mystige) Alan Cumming(Nightcrawler) And the little mutants Anna Paquin(Rouge) Aaron Stanford (Pyro) Shawn Ashmore (Iceman)

The mayjor stars of the series haven't.

I have a feeling Halle Berry,and Hugh Jackman won't return. But I think everyone else will. Halle's an oscar winner,and Jackman is doing the big budget film Van-Helsing,and a play.

I got this all from Entertainment Weekly The X2 issue

17. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Thats strange... Hugh hasn't expressed anything other than complete enthusiasm for the role. I remember hearing that he just doesn't want to commite himself too soon.

18. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I suppose but,he does have a lot on his schedule,depends on when Singer,or Singer's replacement want to start filming

19. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Singer has a couple of projects himself, and i imagine they may even wait till Hugh's schedule is free because he's such a key actor for the franchise.

20. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    They can easily reintroduce Sabretooth and Toad without taking up too much time. Now that would be a pretty decent Brotherhood

The merchandising for X-2 (novelization and prequel comics) would seem to indicate that Sabretooth is still somehow alive. Well, like I said, I wouldn't mind more henchmen for Magneto, only they have to ensure these henchmen don't steal screentime away from characters like poor ol Cyclops :p

The following actors have signed to reprise their X-men roles Famme Jansen (Dr.Jean Grey)
    Rebecca Romjn Stamos (Mystige) Alan Cumming(Nightcrawler) And the little mutants Anna Paquin(Rouge) Aaron Stanford (Pyro) Shawn Ashmore (Iceman)

I dare say Prof. X, Cyclops, Wolverine and Magneto will return. The sooner there is confirmation that Halle is out, the better!

[face_mischief]

21. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    The only two X-men they should introduce are Gambit and Beast. Both are very important characters to the team. Beast can take the place of Jean as doctor until Jean gets back from her Phoenix experience. Give more screentime to Cyclops since his is the LEADER OF THE TEAM! Get rid of Storm.

Sabertooth should be brought back so that Wolverine and him can have another fight. I hope they go into Sabertooth's history with Weapon X and reveal some past history between the two characters that they may have forgotten about.

Bring in the Sentinels!

22. EvenflowSith

EvenflowSith Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2001
    I want to see Mr. Sinister.

23. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Everybody wants to see more of the Brotherhood? Well, I got good news! Sabretooth WILL return for the brotherhood. The actor who played him confirmed that he is signed on for a 3rd and 4th sequel. Toad MUST return! I don't wanna hear anymore of that "you-know-what-happens-to-a-toad-when-he-is-struck-by-lightning?" garbage! Toad must comeback! And while they're at it introduce Quicksilver and Mastermind! Mystique should return since Nightcrawler's there, afterall, Mystique is his mother. And Beast HAS to be introduced. He made a cameo, but only in human form. On the TV in the restaurant a man was talking and it said it was Dr. Hank McCoy, which is the Beast! I would also like to see Gambit and Pyro back again. And where would an X-Movie be wothout Magneto? Angel would be nice too. I wouldn't tke a second look if Storm was cut out. Jean HAS to come back because of that Pheonix. And give Cyclops more screen-time, Wolverine has been hogging it all (Not that I have any problems with Wolvie). And they should try to keep Xavier concience during the sequel. Have you noticed that each movie he's in some knid of trance? Those are all my requests. :D

24. 1stAD

1stAD Jedi Youngling star 5

May 10, 2001
    The only way to have a Phoenix-centered story and still have decent screentime for 2 characters is to get rid of Wolverine, which means less box office.

As far as the moviegoing public is concerned, Wolverine = X-Men. Though I would really like to see Gambit and Beast, and more Iceman and Rogue.

25. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    Wolverine should not be given less screentime. If Singer wants to give that 'saga' feel to the X-Men trilogy, there must be cohesion, a common element to the three movies. Wolverine is one of these common elements. He should continue to be the hero, as he has been in the last two movies. And certainly, given Stryker's last words, his story can still be explored one last time. X-3 should provide the final conclusion as to his past, what Stryker meant about them working together and Wolverine volunteering for the adamantium experiment, etc.

All this can still be set against the backdrop of the Phoenix saga. The only character that needs to be dropped IMHO is Storm. With her gone, they could give her screentime to Cyclops, problem solved. Anything else is just a matter of keeping the whole Phoenix stuff down-to-earth rather than involve any intergalactic mumbo jumbo (again, to ensure cohesion in the three movies, since the last two movies also have that down-to-earth approach). And no more new X-Men, they will steal more screentime from Cyclops.

Oh, and be wary of using the comics in order to speculate stuff about X-3. Singer has shown that he has the courage to change stuff, so I expect more of the same patterns of change in X-3. Therefore, I for one wouldn't place any bets that what happens in the comics is gonna happen in X-3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.