main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    I don't see a need to fully develope any new characters which could appear in X3.

In the first movie, there was no background given to Magneto's Henchmen, and Jean and Cyclops were basically there to take up space on the screen.

They could easily fit in new characters without adding backstory or fully developing them. It wouldn't be too far-fetched for a new X-Men or two to join the team in whatever interval of time exists between X2 and X3. Gambit could appear in the background, like Cyke and Jean in X1, and act like hired muscle. Beast could also easily be fit without much or really any explination due to the fact that the school is now missing one of its main professors and needs someone to take the place (two professors, if Storm is gone as well)

I like the idea of filling in X3 with cameos and new characters, and not trying to limit limit the movie with two-plus hours devoted to established characters.

2. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    I like the idea of filling in X3 with cameos and new characters, and not trying to limit limit the movie with two-plus hours devoted to established characters

Ah, so this is how X-3 should be:

Scene 1: new mutants appear, they show off their powers (with 'kewl' FX!), they exit....

Scene 2: new mutants appear, they show off their powers(with 'kewl' FX!), they exit....

Scene 3: new mutants appear, they show off their powers(with 'kewl' FX!), they exit....

Scene 4: new mutants appear, they show off their powers(with 'kewl' FX!) , they exit....

Scene 5: new mutants appear, they show off their powers(with 'kewl' FX!), they exit....

And this goes on for two hours, while Cyclops remains as the idiot with no screentime but is supposed to be some sort of leader to the X-Men.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Nope, I instead would try to fill X-3 with a little something called a "plot", mixed with a little "character development" and all wrapped in the secret ingredient called "cohesion" ;)

3. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Hehehe.

Lurking, didn't you enjoy the cameos from the mutants in X-Men 2 with they're 'kewl' effects??

4. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    Lurking, didn't you enjoy the cameos from the mutants in X-Men 2 with they're 'kewl' effects??

Well hallo Kaine, I was just thinking of sending you a PM, since I found the Spidey story you recommnended to me (haven't bought it yet, my exams are still ongoing, but I will try it soon :D).

Anyway, to answer the question: I like the cameos in X-2 because Singer kept it short and sweet. He didn't fill the entire movie with it. However, do note that even then, Cyclops' screentime still suffered :p Poor guy. That's why I am somehow convinced that the only way the poor guy is gonna get a decent screentime (and ensure others get decent time as well! [face_laugh]) is to limit having more cameos jsut for the sake of having cameos.

Then again, Singer might just be crazy enough to make a 3 hour movie [face_laugh]

5. Jango313

Jango313 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    I want some cameos but not to limit the important time of the real cast, Nightcrawler for instance.

6. Shaak_Ti_78

Shaak_Ti_78 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2003
    Well as for X3, I just hope that Cyclops isn't there TOO much.
    But I can't wait until the Jean thing. (For those who have have read the comic book, you know what I mean)

7. Goldenboy62

Goldenboy62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2002
    I sincerely hope that if Sabertooth does come back he comes back more in line with his character in the comic. Ruthless and "smart".
    This was the same injustice done to Bane in that last pathethic Batman movie. Bane, the man who broke the Bat's back reduced to a stupid henchman? Gimme' a break, he was/should have been a movie by himself. At least Bullseye got better treatment in the Daredevil movie. Sabertooth should be a match for Wolvie in everyway, and the Brotherhood should be extended. I'd even go so far as adding some original memebers (that in the comic's have since become heroes) like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. And seeing how they are actually the children of Magneto, it could make a pretty good side story to see them slowly come to side with Professor X's line of thinking.

8. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    Exactly, GoldenBoy62, the Brotherhood should've had Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch! As for Bane, I totally agree! As for Sabertooth, he WIll come back. I read an artical where it is CONFIRMED he will be in a 3rd movie and a 4th movie.

9. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    This was the same injustice done to Bane in that last pathethic Batman movie. Bane, the man who broke the Bat's back reduced to a stupid henchman? Gimme' a break, he was/should have been a movie by himself. At least Bullseye got better treatment in the Daredevil movie

How was Bullseye in the DD movie better than Bane in the Schumacher movie? They both have zero personality, and in the case of Bullseye I don't even know his origins, it was conviniently left out and the audience just had to except that a guy with a goofy scar/tattoo/whatever it was on his forehead can somehow have the power of "not missing" (but he does miss!).

As for Sabertooth, he WIll come back. I read an artical where it is CONFIRMED he will be in a 3rd movie and a 4th movie

4th movie...oh boy....

10. GM3

GM3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2003
    I think they should try to get Morph and Beast into the next X-Men, or even Gambit or Jubilee, all those cool X-Men. :cool:

11. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    How many more X-Men films are going to be made, or is this the last one? :confused:

12. KnightKatarn05

KnightKatarn05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2003
    For X-3, we definetly need to see Gambit and Beast. I really don't want any of the characters to go though, it takes away from the whole comic book reality of it. Since we are also delving into the whole comic book world, do you think we could see crossovers (even for a brief period, like a picture of Spidey on T.V., or something like that)

Possible Battle scenes: (providing it is the last movie)

Iceman vs. Pyro (given)
    Rogue vs. Magneto (she definetly wants revenge)
    Wolverine vs. Sabertooth (if he's coming back)

If there are any others, just post them.

13. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Lurking...

The origin of Bullseye: A radioactive bull fell ontop of an ordinary irish boy who had a bad tatoo accident on his forehead the week before. Ever since that fatefull moment, this boy found that every single time he aimed at something to throw at, he could not miss. And he never did miss again. Till he met Daredevil.

So hey, tell me when you pick up that comic book i recommended.

14. Jango313

Aug 30, 2002
    No offence, but how can a bull be radioactive?

15. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    I don't know. But yes Gambit and Beast need to be shown. Or even Morph, Wolverine's best friend. They need to bring more of the X-Men around. :cool:

16. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Well... how can a spider be radioactive?? Eh, eh??

17. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    I really think Beast should be brought in, especially after his quick little cameo in X2. Maybe Gambit could have the same thing next time. I hope Colossus will play a bigger role, and damn it! I demand more Cyclops!!! I swear to god, the writers hate the poor guy. Although towards the end of X2 Cyclops really seemed to play a much bigger part. I think the best scene was him and Wolverine holding each other after jean's death. The emotion portrayed there by both was excellent. And since they are setting up for the Phoenix saga, Cyclops should be one of the 3 or 4 main characters, along with Jean, Logan, and Professor X.

Anyone else interested in seeing Quicksilver brought in??? I would love to see some more Brotherhood guys, and bring back Sabertooth and Toad. Maybe even introduce Juggernaut or maybe even the Blob. I would love to see the blod, he's just so ridiculous that he should be in there. Also, since Kelly Hu is going to be coming back as Lady Deathstrike for X3, I'd like to see her join the brotherhood. Considering I see Magneto as the only one who can bring her back, by pulling all the extra Adamantium out of her body through her pores. Like he did to Wolverine in the comics.

18. RubberDuckyfromSpace

RubberDuckyfromSpace Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I don't see how that would make her any less dead.

19. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah same here, but that's what I was thinking KaineDamo. I was thinking the same thing. Good one. [face_laugh]
    Toad died so they couldn't bring him back, and Sabertooth died too, right? :)

20. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    The origin of Bullseye: A radioactive bull fell ontop of an ordinary irish boy who had a bad tatoo accident on his forehead the week before. Ever since that fatefull moment, this boy found that every single time he aimed at something to throw at, he could not miss. And he never did miss again. Till he met Daredevil

Of course. Your sarcasm is noted. Bravo.

[face_plain]

(then again, considering the dumb origins of Marvel characters, you could be telling the truth [face_laugh])

Also, since Kelly Hu is going to be coming back as Lady Deathstrike for X3, I'd like to see her join the brotherhood

She's back??? I must have missed that news...

But yes Gambit and Beast need to be shown. Or even Morph, Wolverine's best friend. They need to bring more of the X-Men around

More X-Men = even less time for Cyclops. Unless Singer is determined to make it more than 3 hours. Again, I jsut don't understand the obsession to see more characters just for the sake of seeing kore chraracters. For me, Singer should use X-3 to wrap things up. As it is, the explanation for Phoenix would already take up a lot of time, not to mention taking up a lot of the budget for FX.

So hey, unless I hear they allocated a billion dollars for FX and give the movie a 3 hour screentime, I doubt we'll see every mutant that the fanboys demand to see.

21. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    I don't see how that would make her any less dead.

What I failed to mention in my last post was she apparently is suppose to be alive. I'm trying to find a link to an interview I read with one of the writers who said that she is still alive, and her appearance in X2 was just suppose to be an introduction. Until then... here's this.

22. Nightowl

Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    Just for the heck of it, I hunted up some info on Bullseye. He has no real origin to speak of: Benjamin Poindexter (may or may not be his real name) has been said to have been a military man at some point, as well as a minor-league baseball pitcher. He is, quite simply, a sick SOB. While his loss to DD in the film was bad enough, in the comic he has a losing streak against the red one a mile long. And get this -- his bones ALSO have some adamantium in 'em!!! (So THAT'S how he survived his church plunge...)

23. Lurking_Around

May 26, 2002
    Benjamin Poindexter (may or may not be his real name) has been said to have been a military man at some point, as well as a minor-league baseball pitcher

Baseball guy becomes assasin...LMAO!!!!

BTW, is it true that Kelly Hu will be back for X-3? So, her character didn't die, what with all the adamantium pouring out of her eyes and all???

24. KaineDamo

Mar 6, 2002
    Didn't she drowned too??

25. Ki-Adi Bundi

Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2000
    They could very well make a clone of her :p

Or more reasonably, she could appear in flashbacks, as she seems relat ed to Wolvie's past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.