main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I don't think this will be overblown Ratner rubbish. He's stated time and again that he is not making this movie 100% his own; that he's keeping the continuity from the first two movies - such the general tone, and it being grounded in realism. Singer's mark is still there.

Anyway, Trask is in the trailer, advising the president "Then you know what needs to be done". - I think that can only mean Sentinels. :)

2. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You think? Wouldn't that over complicate things from what we know so far. I assumed he was talking about the cure.

Then again I didn't even realize that was Trask until you said something. You could be right [face_thinking]

3. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I hope that the Ratner influence is as minimal as possible.

4. weezer

May 16, 2001
    iPods play .mov files why can't you just use that?

HD versions are up. Hawt.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    GREAT trailer. Several moments, like Logan's war speech and Jean's request at the end, really good stuff there.

6. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I can't wait.
    Zero five-two six-zero six!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Headphonekenobi

Headphonekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    I just switched from an iRiver to an iPod so I'm still learning. Where can I download?

8. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Does anyone remember when the teaser trailer was first released?

9. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Around Dec 17th. Thats the date on mine.

Edit: Seems it was a bit earlier then that. Dec 9th.

10. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I wonder if Bobby will cheat on rogue in the beginning. That one shot of Rogue in the trailer makes me think she sees them kiss or something and is heart broken. I also think this depression will be some of the motivation behind her wanting to go to war.

11. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    From the spoilers I read he switches over to Kitty Pryde and that makes Rouge want to be normal even more

As a fan of the films, and not a fanboy of the comics, I have to say that I'm sure this will be that last film.

Reason #1
    Cyclops and Dr. X both die?

Reason #2
    Before Dr. X said that Jean Grey was hesitant of her powers but we learn that it was HE that placed "Mental Blocks" in her mind that prevented her from using her powers, continuity is lost

Reason #3
    Where is Nightcrawler?, he's not on the official website at all.

Reason #4
    Mysteic will be injected with the "cure"

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Alan Cummings was asked to reprise the role of Nightcrawler for X3, but he declined. He couldn't handle the makeup, apparently. Too bad. I like Nightcrawler. He has a cool power.

13. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Cumming's dislike for the make-up process compounded Fox's concern that it would not be worth bringing him back for the third film, since his role would have been severely cut back. Rather than put up with him for the shoot, the writer's cut his character, and Fox didn't pick up his option. Good move, on the whole. Cumming is talented, but a film like this requires a modicum of professionalism.

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    That's true, but I thought he did a good job as Nightcrawler and I was sorry to hear that his character won't be back for X3.

15. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ...i want to like this movie, i really do, but....

Ratner...

I'm sorry, i will be a doubting Thomas until the moment the last frame flickers out on opening night..

16. weezer

May 16, 2001
    There was a lot more to Cummings not being in the movie then just the make-up but we've done beat that horse to death.

It will be the last X film at least in terms of X1, X2, X3. Its the final film in the trilogy. There are two spin-offs planned and what Fox means by last film in the "trilogy" is open to interpertation.

17. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    If it is the last one then Fox is out yet another franchise.

18. weezer

May 16, 2001
    It is the last one and no, they aren't out a franchise because the franchise continues on.

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    They've also got Wolverine and Magneto spin off films in the works, so the franchise isn't dead quite yet and even if it were, don't forget that they also have a Fantastic Four sequel comming in 2007.

20. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    Plus,even if Fox stops makeing the movies now who is to say in another 50 years someone else won't pick it up again. There have been many books of different teams,many more comics,and two cartoon shows. X-men is one of those never ending type things.

21. Darth_Jericho

Darth_Jericho Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2003
    I've said this earlier in the thread, but if Ratner kills off the top two mutants on both sides that allows future movies to focus on younger characters. Emma Frost or Storm could take over as head of the school; even Beast could. And there will always be bad mutants, especially if you look at this trailer. It pits 6 X-Men against what looks like hundreds of the Brotherhood. If Magneto dies in this one, who's to say we won't get someone like Quicksilver to step in, whether or not he's introduced in X3? And we have no idea what they're going to do with Jean, Juggernaut and so many others. What I'm hoping for is that this 'Last Stand' is more metaphorical-The Last Stand of the Magneto/Xavier era. And if that was Trask in the trailer, then that could open up Sentinels for future ones. Have faith people!

22. weezer

May 16, 2001
    I've said this earlier in the thread to but...

Its the last X-men movie. Its nothing about faith, its nothing about killing off characters its just a fact.

23. Darth_Jericho

Darth_Jericho Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2003
    Read up on some of the recent interviews from IGN-In every one of them, the actors make mention of possible future movies and so do some producers. So no, it is not a fact that this is the last one.

24. weezer

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, it is.

From the Fox's official synopsis: "...X-Men: The Last Stand, the final chapter in the "X-Men" motion picture trilogy..."

Jackman recently appeared at ShoWest where he too reiterated "this is absolutely the last X-Men film".

You're getting options and contracts confused. All the actors you've heard talking future X-men movies may of had options for X4, X5, etc. but apparently it isn't going that way.
    There are spin-offs and what not that they may be optioned in on too but "X-Men" ends with X3.

Speaking of spin-offs. Jackman also hinted that the Wolvie spin-off will be a prequel (contently while again reiterating that its the last X-men movie):

..."Wolverine substantiates a feature film,'' Jackman said. ''I mean, he's a really intriguing, mysterious, enigmatic character, à la Mad Max, Dirty Harry, Han Solo ? he's that kind of screen antihero.'' So what's the movie about? ''I'd love to get into the origins of that character and find out what he's really made of. So that was always my idea.... Benioff came in with a pitch that was so brilliant, I was so excited, I actually tried to get Fox to make it [before X-Men 3]. But they said, 'No, no, no, we have a trilogy, let's finish that.''' Ah, so that means that Wolverine will survive X-Men 3 this summer, right? ''Well, you never know. Wolverine might be a prequel. Wolverine might be a prequel.'' Yeah, we heard him ? nudge nudge ? the first time.
    -Superherohype.com

25. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    On this being the last film: I'm not sure how many picture deals Fox bought from Marvel, or how their contract works, but when Fox's deal expires, Marvel will regain the rights and they can do whatever they want. (Like sell it to another studio for another round of movies).

Anyway, if all the rumored key deaths are true, then the premise of an X4 looks really bleak. I guess we'll just have to see how much of a conclusion X3 really is. It is a bit mind-boggling to me that Fox would stop here; there's so much more great material to explore.
    If this is the last movie, fans will certainly not be happy about that. They've been promised Gambit since X2 and all of a sudden no more movies :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.