main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubberDuckyfromSpace

RubberDuckyfromSpace Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Now that's usin' your noodle.

2. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    :eek:

Oh man......I am so glad I found this thread. Lady Deathstrike signed for X3...wow! Thanks to whomever posted that link!

The great Storm debate: I personally thought Storm was much better in the second film than the first (sequence with fighter jets was pretty cool). I would not be too sad, however, if they wrote her out in order to make room for more story with, say, Rogue?

Rogue/Iceman: We have been watching Rogue's development for two movies now....I think it is time that she grow up and we see some serious action from her. As for Iceman/Bobby? The idea of their relationship was cute, but nothing more. They cannot drag that out for another movie, as it will just be boring and trite.

I Spy........Cyclops?: I am sorry...perhaps I am not a true XFan, but Cyclops bores me. He bores me in the same way Superman bores me: all good, no conflict. So honestly (and please do not pelt me with tomatoes), I really could not care less if he gets more screen time...actually I would prefer not. However, if they develop the Phoenix story, then he will probably be around.

Who let the wolves out?: Well.....I think it is a no brainer to assume that we will see Wolverine back in full force in X3. Singer has got to finish telling his backstory....he kinda left everyone hanging. And again, we will need his presence for the Phoenix story line. Does this bother me? No. I like Wolverine, I like what they have done with the character in the movies. I am not ashamed of that.

New kids on the block?: I am not picky. As long as the introduce and treat any new character as well as they did Nightcrawler in X2, then I am happy as a clam.

Hmmm....and here I thought I had nothing much to contribute to this thread. :p Sorry for the ramble.

3. DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2003
    Man....I have only been here a few days and already I have killed a thread. :(

4. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    don't worrry about it, now i cannot wait to see how they introduce phoenix...and who will be the new villians?(if any)

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I honestly think that a large part of the reason that most people thought the Cyclops character was boring is because of bad writing. People say his emotional outburst at the end was laughable, but it's more the fault of absolutely no screentime and the writers expecting us to suddenly care about a character we last saw about an hour and a half ago than anything. I think that Marsden put everything that he could into the few scenes he had, but there's only so much you can do with what? About ten lines?

He's already signed on for X3, and I'm anxious to FINALLY see some Cyclops development. Basically, the theme for both of the movies has been "Hey - this isn't furthering Wolverine's plot points! GET OFF THE SCREEN!" It gets tiring. You know you're having too much of a character when the FANS of the person are saying "enough is enough".

It's a given that there'll be a lot more of Cyclops in the third installation if they continue with the Phoenix arc... but you never know. Someone high up on the X-Men Franchise Command has something against the character, methinks. Maybe they'll change it and have Wolverine pining for Jean the whole time. :eek:

At least I've found a camarade in Lurking_Around. ;) :D

tf

6. Darth_Rogue

Darth_Rogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    I agree with THE_MISSING_TRIPLET and DarkPhoenix, I can't wait to see Phoenix, Gambit, Nightcrawler and more of Wolverine and my namesake Rogue kicking ass. BTW is it confirmed that Gambit will have a bigger role in X3 ? And I thoght Lady Deathstrike died in X2. ?[face_plain] I also hope that we do get to see more of Cyclops.

7. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Darth_Rouge, Lady DeathStrike was a droid right?
    I thought someone told me that.
    Anyway, I would like more Cyclops, cause (IMO) he's kinda cool, and got too little screentime in the first 2.
    Also, Jean/Phoenix would be very cool. (I love Famke Janssen) I thought she already signed up for X3.
    I know Pyro and Iceman will be back, and I hope to see more of them.

Of course, Xavier, Wolverine and Magneto. I wouldn't mis Storm, but I also don't mind her being there.
    More Rogue, I hope she'll have a fighting scene, or something.
    As for new mutants? I really don't know.
    I thought Singer himself liked Angel, Beast and Gambit.

I think they should make X3 the closing part of the trilogy about the mutants and their place in society. I don't think the main characters ( Magneto, Xavier, Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine ) don't feel like making X's for the rest of their lives, and I don't want anybody replaced, it just wouldn't be the same anymore, IMO.

8. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    I'd like to see a cameo of my name sake in there.

8-}

(a cookie to anyone who knows who I'm talking about)

9. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Dani Moonstar, who first appeared in "New Mutants #1"?

JMA

10. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    And you my friend get yourself a cookie.

*hands out cookie*

:D

(The first name, though unintentional, would have counted.......a donut to who ever gets that one) 8-}

I would love to see cameos of a bunch of other mutants that have been through the X-Men or from the other X-books.

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    We need more Cyclops, he is my fave. character.

Secondly, the Phoenix entity will not be in the movies.

Singer said that the Phoenix is just another evolutionary leap, a mutant of a mutant if you will. I like this idea, means we don't have to take the X-Men into the outer space saga.

Although I'm not exactly a Storm fan, I don't mind her staying, but if we're gonna have to pick someone to leave so we can introduce Gambit and Beast (Wouldn't Sean Connery or Anthony Hopkins be great as him?) Storm would be my pick to leave.

I don't like big teams, I think they should have a maximum of 6, and we have :

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Phoenix
    Nightcralwer
    Iceman
    Rogue
    Collosus (he will apprently have a bigger role, the actor has already signed on)
    Beast
    Gambit

That's 9!!!!

Darn I can't wait til this film!

12. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I want a donut!
    Is it Rachel Summers the daughter of Jean and Scott in an alternet reality who becomes the second Phoniex?

13. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Yay!!!!!

You get a donut from Krispy Kream.

*hands out donut*

14. Darth-Jango

Darth-Jango Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wolverine- Bigger role i think there should be flashbavk sceens of Weapon X. With Stryker's last words X3 could possibly wrap up the Wolverine story line and bring in someone new in X4 or X5

Cyclops- He definatly needs more screen time considering he is the leader. He is a must in X3 because of the Phoneix.

Jean Grey/ Dark Phoenix- Big role maybe will be tempted by Magneto to join the Brotherhood or the Hell-Fire Club.

Nightcrawler- don't really need him for X3 but he is a fan favorite so they will keep him abord. Maybe if Toad returns it would be a sick fight between them.

Professor X.- Same role as the first two but i think he would try to get Jean back to her regular form and hurt his telepathic ability possibly sidelining him throught the film.

Beast- They need beast in X3 or X4. I think if anyone Beast would be the only new character introduced on the "good side". They need Beast for the absence of Professor Jean Grey.

Storm- Get rid of her shes annoying and what the hell kind of accent is that?

Gambit- Even though i would really like to see him i don't think it would happen. They need to wrap up the phoneix and wolverine story.

Rogue- Same role probly will dump Bobby in the next one. Maybe even expanding her power and taking on Magneto

Bobby- He will probly fight Pyro in the next film because of the switching sides.

Collussus- a definate for the next one. I need that Wolverine throw.

Magneto- Probly will gain more supporters of the Brotherhood. Maybe bring in the storyline of his children, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Magneto will try to get the Phoneix on his side but will not succeed.

Mystique- Probly won't have a big part but maybe she will tell nightcrawler about her being his mother.

Pyro- Bigger role. Will fight iceman.

The brotherhood- Toad, Sabertooth, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mastermind, The Blob.

Did i miss anyone 8-}

15. Waning Drill

Waning Drill Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 30, 1999
    Magneto is more or less guaranteed to be in it, but what about the third party villain and Wolverine's obligatory fighting partner?

Sabretooth, Deathstrike... Who do you think? Silver Samurai? Omega Red?

16. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    Going to DS in Jedi Outcast m/p and using darkside powers. Grip and throw down that chasm in the throne room just like Vader did to Palps!

Are you joking?? Wolverine is coming out the most popular one, the main character.

It's the X-Men, not Wolverine and his team of mutant friends.

He's the one they should be cutting down on a tad.

17. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I thought they were only making three X-Men movies? I'm not sure they can keep the quality up past three movies, I mean, X-Men was good, but X2 completely blew it out of the water, I'd rather have them make three absolutely excellent movies than make three excellent ones, and countless rehashes.

I like the idea of having Wolverine be the main character. These are movies, not comics, we need a clera plot and a clear hero.

18. JediMasterGuff

Jun 18, 2002
    But that takes away teh teamwork principle, teamwork is what makes it different from Spiderman, Daredevil and Hulk movies.

19. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I've heard diffrent things on future movies. On the one had Singer often refered to X2 as the ESB of the series so that would make it seem that there will only be one more. On the other hand I've heard that Marvel wants X-men, Spiderman, and any other hero to rotate every summer so that makes it sound like there will be a lot more than just three, which I don't like the sound of.

20. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    I like the idea of having Wolverine be the main character. These are movies, not comics, we need a clera plot and a clear hero.

Amen! Having Wolverine's role reduced in X-3 will make that movie out of line with the previous ones. Logan should remain the main character, his arc isn't finished. The matter at hand now is to ensure the supporting X-Men have decent screentime or get rid of those who should not have screentime *coughSTORMcough* [face_mischief]

Storm- Get rid of her shes annoying and what the hell kind of accent is that?

[Gimli]YESSSS!!![/Gimli]

:p

Pleeeease let there be confirmation that Storm is out :D

Jean Grey/ Dark Phoenix- Big role maybe will be tempted by Magneto to join the Brotherhood or the Hell-Fire Club

This is a pretty good scenario. Like I mentioned in some previous post, it's most likely that Magneto might want to manipulate Phoenix, just as he has used the power of other mutants for his own ends in previous movies (using Rogue for his machine in the first movie, using Xavier and Cerebro in X-2).

Beast- They need beast in X3 or X4. I think if anyone Beast would be the only new character introduced on the "good side". They need Beast for the absence of Professor Jean Grey

Need? I disagree, but then my views on limiting cameos is well known [face_laugh] Again, I just feel that more X-Men will just limit poor ol Cyclops' screentime. If there are to be more mutants, they should be henchmen for Magneto, the sort where there's no personality other than obeying Magneto. That way, those mutants won't take away the screentime for Cyclops.

21. SWITCH_RADIC

SWITCH_RADIC Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, it's pretty obvious that Dark Pheonix is going to be in the next one. I'd like to see Gambit in the next one. It would be really cool if as part of the story would be if Dark Pheonix invades Bobby's mind and he goes crazy with his powers. We all know that they have never seen the full strength of his powers. That would kick butt!!

22. Iconic

Iconic Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    I want to see Gambit, Beast and some sentinels.

23. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hullo! :)

I'm personally looking forward to seeing Gambit in X3. He was probably my favourite member of the team when I used to watch the cartoons. :cool: Of course, Hugh Jackman has made Wolverine a fave of mine too! ;)

From what I hear, he will be in X3. :D

Any ideas as to who will play Gambit in the next film? :confused: Is that qustion allowed here? :confused:

24. Revolver86

Revolver86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 26, 2002
    Here's how I see X3 going

First off, they should save the Phoneix Saga for X4. Second, this should be Wolvies last X movie before he has his own solo film. This one will finally reveal more about his past, including flashbacks featuring Deathstrike. He shouldn't be in the end of the movie, which I will breifly describe later, but he will duke it out with Sabertooth one last time before he finally heads out.

There should be essentially 3 different stories: The setup of Beast and Gambit in the X-men, The regrouping and training of the new brotherhood(The new brotherhood story should be Magneto, Mystique, and Pyro finding Sabertooth and Toad who have been trainging Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Blob to start a new brotherhood. ), and the story of how the Sentinels are started.

These stories should stay seperate through most of the movie until the end, when the Sentinels have been introduced to the public. There will be a showdown between the Brotherhood and the X-men until the Sentinels show up and the two groups have to fight together. And just when it seems the Sentinels are going to win, they suddenly get blasted by a huge flaming phoneix. Cyclops will look and see that it is Jean and that will be the end of the movie.

25. THE_MISSING_TRIPLET

THE_MISSING_TRIPLET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'd love for their costumes to resemble the comics, lot's of yellow's and greens!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.