Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.
"Who the hell are you?"
1 hour and 43 minutes ? That's it ? Seems kind of short, especially if this is the last one as we're being led to believe. IIRC, the first one was around the same length, right ?
New Beast Picture
Heads up U.S. fans: Hugh Jackman will be on Leno tonight (4-28)...let's hope for an X3 clip....
[link=http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229359]X3: The Last Stand Running Time: 2hr 15min?[/link]
it's from the admin at SuperHeroHype.com boards. lets hope this is true!
We got one!
Wasn't it the wierdest thing hearing Jackman talk in his natural accent, then all of the sudden switch to the Logan voice in the clip? I was like woahhh...
Cool clip, got to see Collussus switch into the tin-man then throw Wolverine, then the Sentinel Head.
that was ******* awesome!!!
I know, I'm startin' to get really pumped about this film! That was great how he lit the cigar at the beginning while all the other stuff was going on around.
I too was a little disoriented with the Aussie --> American thing.
Sorta corny, but that's gotta be the Danger Room so...I can live with it.
And Sentinel Head = Awesomeness!
Ganked a copy of the clip from SHH. Didn't really wanna post their link directly and be a moocher, so I uploaded my own copy to rapidshare....snag it here:
here's my link to also for the clip
Goddammit now I have to watch this movie.
I don't expect much but I need to see those things on the big screen.
The worst thing is, that those aren't even good representations of what they're going for, but I still have to see it.
I mean it's a 150 mil movie and the Sentile effects are lousy search lights? And when that rock lands on the car it just lands straight down like it dropped from the sky, not at an angle like it should. Thats just lazy. And the Colussus CGI is a huge downgrade from X-2. And this is the part that bugs me most, When Jackman is tossed, we hear sounds and then the head drops and he comes out from behind it.
1. How the **** did the head get launched like that? If the body fell we would hear something. But it's just the head like someone threw it.
2. Where the hell did Logan come from? It appeared like he was riding the head but looking at the trailer you can plainly see that he's no where on it. How did he just appear?
They couldn't wait for singer. They just had to run it into the ground.
Son of a goat sucker.
I wouldn't go quite so far but I had some of the same feelings.
Hopefully its taken far out of context and they'll have time to brush up those effects.
I know it's being nit picky, but damnit X-Men was a comic book movie series that got it. The start of the first one with Lensher in the concentration camp was the perfect way to start it out. Singer understands the X-men (probably his being gay has something to do with that) as good as the recent best writers of the X titles (Morrison, Whedon, some Millar, and early Clarmount). With every new thing released about this movieit seems that instead of carrying on the tone of the first two this seeks to dazzle us with flashyness and style with no substance. And then to add the insult to injury they add all these fan waves, as if thats enough to make up for the fact that they honestly have no idea what they're doing anymore.
Yep, I'd agree.
They really seem to be trying to through everything and the kitchen sink into this one and in some ways it seems a little flat.
I didn't know that. Totally explains Superman's underwear.
Boy's packing some heat.
Oh god that was terrible.
Seeing as the whole scene takes place in the Danger Room I think that helps answer your questions. I would guess that the audience will be teased with the shoddy, not so clear Sentinal shots for the early Danger Room scene to make them more impressive when they show up for real later in the film
1. I think it was implyed that Logan was launched onto the Sentinal and cut/ripped it's head off. Kind of exagerates his strength but still feasible I think.
2. It's the Danger Room. Think of it as the holodeck from Star Trek. The room is only so big but the holographic battlefiends might be much bigger. You could be right next to someone but 50 ft away on the battlefield. I bet that in the same shot of Wolverine walking out from behind the Sentinal head, the battlefield breaks down to revel the danger room.
Just my thoughts.
That Leno clip looked ridiculous. Awful dialogue, cheesy interaction, and an overall lame action sequence. X3 will be horrible.
Magneto is up against Voldemort in the Final Matchup in the Best Villain Tournament!
[link=http://boards.theforce.net/census/b10264/23091832/p74/?1830]Vote for Magento!!![/link]
Also some soundtrack news:
[link=http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=302%2D066%2D732%2D2]X-Men: The Last Stand Soundtrack[/link]
i'm going to HTR the track listings just because some of them are spoilerish
[hl=black]1. 20 years ago (1:10)
2. Bathroom Titles (1:09)
3. The Church of Magneto, Raven Is My Slave Name (2:40)
4. Meet Leech, Then Off To The Lake (2:37)
5. Whirlpool of Love (2:04)
6. Examining Jean (1:12)
7. Dark Phoenix (1:28)
8. Angel?s Cure (2:34)
9. Jean and Logan (1:39)
10. Dark Phoenix Awakes (1:45)
11. Rejection Is Never Easy (1:09)
12. Magneto Plots (2:05)
13. Entering The House (1:18)
14. Dark Phoenix?s Tragedy (3:18)
15. Farewell To X 30)
16. The Funeral (2:52)
17. Skating On The Pond (1:12)
18. Cure Wars (2:57)
19. Fight In The Woods (3:06)
20. St Lupus Day (3:03)
21. Building Bridges (1:16)
22. Shock And No Oars (1:15)
23. Attack On Alcatraz (4:36)
24. Massacre 31)
25. The Battle of The Cure (4:20)
26. Phoenix Rises (6:29)
27. The Last Stand (5:29) [/hl]
some new TV Spots!
Extra had some interviews/clips - watch it on their site
...and check out the rough Jean/Wolverine make-out scene on the infimiry table - yowza!
Wolverine gets pwned