main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKingsama

MasterKingsama Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2003
    darth jango

henry mccoy aka the beast was already in x2.

and so was remy labeaux aka gambit.

beast was only in for a few second, and gambits name was only in the movie, but they were there

2. MasterKingsama

MasterKingsama Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2003

wow...i killed it, well maybe some info i dug up will help revive this thread.

I read where the screen writer David Hayter stated that if they add any new x men it will be either Beast, Angel, or Gambit. He aslo stated that beast had the best chance of appearance, but it is unsure whether he will be played by Steve Bacic or replaced by a bigger star. Also it is unsure whether he will be the blue beast, or still just look like a normal. In my own speculation they could introduce him as a replacement of Jean as proffessor/docter at the institute and have him change there, or have him change in the beginning, outcasted by society and forced to turn to professor x, or maybe there is some conection he already has to professor x. Also of my own speculation is that they need to replace the actor with an actor that physically resembles the beast of the comic books. If you cant tell yet i am very happy about hearing this, cause beast is my personal fav. x men. Hayter also said that if Gambit is written into the movies, which he has the smallest chance of, he will have a small role due to his simularities with cyclops in powers, and wolverine in personality.

this web site also confirmed the problems that have arose with Halle Barry. Apparently the screen writers are having issues with keeping the part "large" enough for the Oscar winning star, crime she won it in the first place. They are also talking about a new STORM movie just for barry, oh please no. Personally i always liked Storm in the cartoons and comics, but have hated repeat hated barry in the role.

sadly the projected release date for the movie is in may/june 2006.

some others notes that i dug up is that gwen stefani wants in on the movie, not likely though.

executive producer Tom Desoto hinted at that if you pay close attention to the Liberty Island scene in the first movie there are lots of hints that prepare you for x2 and beyond. what ever that means.

also found another more recent report that stated that if barry is back her "time commitment will be minimal"
    SUBMITTED BY Typhon24

June 14, 2003 ?

X2 Executive Producer Tom DeSanto spoke with Cinescape about what characters we might be able to expect in X3. Here's a brief recap of what DeSanto had to say:

more character info:
    Angel: The funny thing about Angel is that he was in several versions of the original X-Men script until very, very late in the game...He was also in quite a few drafts of X-Men 2 and it was ultimately decided that, again, story time was better spent developing other characters like Nightcrawler. So hopefully we'll see him in X-Men 3, but it ultimately comes down to serving the story.

Beast: Beast is probably the number one contender who's made it the farthest along in X-Men and X-Men 2.

Sentinels: For a while, the Sentinels were in some of the thought processes behind the second movie, but again, it's trying to keep it real and do it right. If they're done, I think they should be in all their 30-foot-tall glory and not walking around human size.

and that about it, and thusly concludes my attempt at thread CPR.

edit:
    check out this link to a short article that has so updated info:
    SInger article

3. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I don't know if this has been addressed, but I wanted to ask...is Gambit going to be in the next movie...?

*crosses fingers*

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Nobody knows yet, but I would love to see him, but we would need to get rid of some characters aswell.

Anyone else think Anthony Hopkins or Sean Connery would be perfect as Beast?

5. Ki-Adi Bundi

Ki-Adi Bundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2000
    They are too old for being the Beast. A good actor perhaps is... Eric Bana?
    But if he's going to have the "animal look", then no need of a good actor, perhpas just for the voice.

6. itchytasty79

itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Upping...

Have any new rumours/interviews been released in the last 1.5 months?

As far as Sean Connery playing beast: only if Beast is big, blue, and CG. That way we get that great Connery voice without having Beast played by an old man.

7. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Wolverine- Bigger role

What movies have YOU been watching? :p

tf

8. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Lurking_Around - Amen! Having Wolverine's role reduced in X-3 will make that movie out of line with the previous ones. Logan should remain the main character, his arc isn't finished.

Hurrah! :D

MasterKingsama - :eek: :eek: :eek:
    That information is awesome! Thank you so much for posting all of that! *awed*

9. Psychiotic_Midget

Psychiotic_Midget Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2003
    Personally, I'd love to see a 4-hour long X3 so not only can it focus on the storyline and Wolvie's arc, but expand on Colossus and bring in Beast along with possibly Angel and Gambit, without disappointing. :)

10. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    <---- is not a comic fan.

Was Colossus the one who led the children out of the mansion in X2 when Stryker's raided the place?

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    That's the one, the big massive Russian guy with an American accent ;)

He can turn his entire body into organic steel.

12. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I hope they don't do evil Phoenix.

13. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It looks like Pheonix will be part of the story, at least to some degree:

Famke Janssen on X-Men 3
    Source: Andrew Weil January 10, 2005

ComingSoon.net talked to Hide and Seek star Famke Janssen about the status of X-Men 3. Janssen plays Jean Grey in the 20th Century Fox franchise based on the Marvel characters.

Asked whether or not she will be back, Janssen said, "Don't know quite yet, but probably... I've heard things and they're developing the script right now, Dark Phoenix is part of that script."

Bryan Singer, who directed the first two "X-Men" movies, won't be back for the third as he's preparing to start filming Superman in March. Janssen says she'll miss him this time around. "I would, yes. I think he made those movies."

Janssen also addressed which cast members may return. "Some people are because of signed contracts, and some people can renegotiate. So I'm sure it has to do with a lot of different things. I'm not contractually obligated. I wouldn't want to do a sequel for the sake of a sequel. Hopefully there's a good director involved or the character is fun to play."

There have been rumors that the third story will involve her character's transformation into Dark Phoenix. "I've heard things like that," she adds, "but at the same time I'm realistic about knowing that they're going to have to give a bunch of people a good chunk of the movie for them to want to come back. And then there's going to be new characters introduced, so it's always a little tricky. If it's anybody's movie ever, it's going to be Wolverine's movie because that's the number one X-Men character. But we'll see. From what I've heard? Yes, she's a big part of it."
    ~Comingsoon.net.

Who's the writer attached to this agian?

14. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Who's the writer attached to this agian?

Well, David Hayter wrote the first two, so I'd assume he writing this one as well.

All right, I have a lot of thoughts on X3, so bear with me.

First of all, Storm. I really hope she gets written out of the next movie. I for one, don't like the character to begin with, and a disgruntled Halle Berry will probably not turn in the best possible performance. This character was handled wrong from the get go, IMO. Also, what the hell happened to her accent in the second movie? I always thought that was a little strange.

Next up, Rogue. One thing I'd like to see, yet at the same time, I'm not really sure it would work, would be for Rogue to gain her strength and the ability to fly. The reason why I say it might not work is because it would take up too much screen time to explain that little backstory... unless they decide to make up a new way for her to gain those powers specifically for the films.

About Wolvie: Even though I know it would be box office death, I really think they need to take the emphasis off Wolvie at least a little bit. Not much, much you, but just enough to give some other characters more time to develop.

About Cyclops: Yes I know he's pretty boring in the films, but he might not be if the proper amount of time is taken to make him more interesting. It wouldn't be that difficult. For god's sake, this guy is the leader of the X-men! He needs a little more screen time. Pretty please?

New characters: Of course I'd like to see Gambit, Beast, Angel and all the rest, but theres imply isn't enough screen time to properly introduce three of four more characters in a single movie. It just can't be done right, and I highly doubt X3 is going to clock in at three or more hours. If I had to choose, I'd say Beast should be the only major new character introduced, even though Gambit is my favorite. Beast just makes the most sense.

I'm a little dissapointed to hear the X3 will feature Dark Pheonix. I really thought that that was something that could've been saved for the fourth film. But, whatever. What's done is done.

Okay, so a big concern seems to be that there are too many characters, too many storylines and not enough screen time to go around. Well, it just so happens that I have a radical solution. Are you ready for this?

Split up the X-men.

That's right, there should be two X-men film franchises. Just like when the X-men split up into Blue and Gold teams, so too should the movies. Think about it. It would allow for all the aforementioned characters (possibly more as well) to be introduced, have plenty of screen time, and be properly developed. Not only that, it would allow for many more cool storylines and villians. Sure, Magneto is all well and good, but there's so many great villans in the X-men's universe. Juggernaut, Mr. Sinister, Apocalypse, The Sentinals, and the list goes on. Think of all the great storylines that could accompany each and every one of them. If there were only one X-men franchise, it would take 8 or 9 movies to get to them all, and I highly doubt that the actors would want to commit themselves to the franchise for that long. But with two films, you get them in half the time!

What do you guys think of that? I know it'll probably never happen, but I still think it's a good idea. The only problem I can concievably see happening is that whichever film doesn't have Wolvie in it will not do nearly as well as the one that does. Although, I think that would too much of a problem. There are tons of ways to make an X-men film without Wolvie exciting. It wouldn't be that hard.

15. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I think that the split X-Men films idea has potential. I wouldn't want to see the cast split 50/50, but for each film to focus more on a single group with crossovers from the other production. A pair of directors working on the project, with both films shot at the same time in the same place has great potential. Hehe...the chronological first film could even include scenes of the cast from the second group in the background discussing issues involving the second film, and the audience members who remember hearing that dialogue in the first installment would then feel smart for remembering it, raking in more $$$.

Regardless, the X-Men franchise really seems like it was meant to be a three to four hour production in each film. I don't think that they should reduce the cast of characters for the sake of filmmaking norms, but instead increase the running time to compensate for the larger cast necessary for pulling off such a production.

16. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, the other characters are there to fill out Wolverine's story. Therefore, any new characters that are introduced should keep the story flowing and interesting. I'm one of the people who thinks the X-Men series should be a trilogy depicting only Wolverine's story, and then just not make the separate Wolverine movie. There's just not much of a point on emphasizing any other characters any more than they did Rogue or Nightcrawler. I like the setup they have.

17. SithBountyHunter

SithBountyHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2004
    i like the way the movies are going but how about Jasson Issaks for Beast? he is a youngish actor and excellent one at that he was the new Hook and played Lucious Malfoy in Harry Potter not mention he played the nasty English guy in The Patriot he's going a lot of places that actor, that you can be sure of! i think he would do well in X Men movie him or him or he guy whp played the Green Goblin in Spiderman. i think Quicksilver may make an interestig edition to the movie and i only hope that Ian Mc callen is back doing Magneto i hope they dont change his actor its all ways a consern when they switch directors...

18. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I'm not sure I can see Jason Issacs as Beast. He would have made a good Magneto though.

19. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd rather have Ian McKellen remain as him

20. Chopper_Quagmire

Chopper_Quagmire Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2005
    I can't wait for X-Men 3!!!!! :D

Will Gambit or Beast be in X-Men 3? How about Storm? Isn't there going to be a total of five movies?

Sorry, so many questions...I love the X-Men movies. :)

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I hadn't heard that there will be 5 X-Men films, but that's fine by me. I love the X-Men movies.

22. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I've only heard that they're doing a trilogy. More might be nice, although too many would be bad

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    ^Agreed. I think maybe 5 to 7 would be the most that people would be willing to take. Any more than that would be too many.

24. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that 4-5 would be pushing it, expecially with all of these comic book movies nowadays...

A little bit of news:

X-Man Not Sorry Singer's Gone

Alan Cumming, who played the blue-skinned Nightcrawler in the X-Men sequel, X2, revealed to SCI FI Wire that he's not disappointed Bryan Singer won't be directing the third installment in the comic-book franchise. "I'm not, and I can't deny it," Cumming said in an interview. "I think he's really talented, and I'm really proud of the film?I think it's a great film?but I didn't enjoy working with him on it." Cumming declined to elaborate.

Cumming, who next appears in the supernatural fantasy film Son of the Mask, added that he doesn't know who will follow in Singer's footsteps, but that he was scheduled to start filming in June, a date he doubts will hold firm. "It's a really hard act to follow," Cumming said of the proposed X-Men 3. "The last I heard is that they are starting on the 20th of June, but I don't think that's going to happen, because they don't have a script or a director yet. It might be pushed up, but they have to release it in May of 2006 for some reason, so it's got to be shot in the summer."

Cumming said that he's had to juggle his schedule to remain available for X-Men 3. "I kind of just want to know when I'm going to do it, because it affects your whole life," he said. "You're under the option, so every time you do [something else], you have to tell them, just in case they are going to get it together really fast. I'm going to do this show on Broadway, which I moved to January of next year just to make sure that I finished X-Men. You're under some option with them so it's quite weird."
    ~TheSciFiWire

25. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Here's what I want.

New X-staff. "Back" from Muir Island

Sean Cassidy. AKA Banshee, Why? We saw his daughter in X-2, and he is a damn good fighter who loves to get lit up. A drinking buddy for Logan.

Pete Wisdom: A bastard, and he robs the cradle see Kitty Pryde. But you wont find a more devious good guy, Dose the dirty nasty stuff most heros cant deal with.

Emma Frost: Jean is Dead, like in the comics she should shack up with the distraught Cyclops. She should also be a triple agent. a "Spy" working in Xavier's feeding Magneto misinformation. This would show WHY Professor-X is the bigman on campus.

Lucas Bishop: instead of a time travler afro-aussi-american cop, they can make him a strong black mutant former Texas ranger who simply luv's his guns.

Camios.

Why, the Top "Training Squads" at X-SfGY, X-force trained by Pete Wisdom. One o my favorite comics Its about time they camio. Boom Boom, Canonball, Sunspot, Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Proudstar, Shadowcat(where else you gonna put her?)

and Gen-X trained by: Emma frost and cassidy
    Jubilee (And don't cut out her scene's), Synch, Chamber, Husk, M, Skin, Mondo.

Brother Hood:

Sabertooth, Toad, Pyro, Marrow, Omega Red, Mystique, The Juggernaut, and Magneto.

No Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch, Because witout Storm, Jean, or Xavier(He dosn't do field exursions) the X-men cant counter them.

Mutant red Shirts: death list should inclued Cypher, Mondo, Morph, the always annoying Warlock(He's not a mutant but niether is Juggernaut)and Jay Guithrei

Why poor Icarus? Well with his healing factor he won't die, but you can have sabertooth mess him up really badly, piss of his cult fallowing!

And If you Have sentinles you have to have Bastion! Have the Guy who Voices Slade on Teen titans play him, I love his creepy voice! He has the facial hair and the looks to pull Bastion off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.