main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some recent casting news:

Vinnie Jones (from Snatch & Lock, Stock..) will be playing Juggernaught.

Kelsey Grammar will be playing Beast (and it will be based on the "90's Beast" design, not that freaking awful Ron Pearlman-wannabe!!! woo-hoo!)

And they are casting for Kitty Pryde- rumor is Maggie Grace ("Shannon" on Lost) is in negoiations for the role.

There was also some news the other day of an actor hired for a young Prof. X, but I can't seem to find the article right now...

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Speaking of Lost, I remember reading a while back that Josh Holloway (Sawyer) was being considered for Gambit ? Any truth to that or has the part already been cast ?

Id also heard that theyre going to be filming X3 and 4 back to back ? Is that true ?

3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Only thing else I recall reading is that they are aiming for memorial day next year.

4. NemesisPlague

NemesisPlague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2005
    hello!

does anyone know when it's due out? or is there no word yet?

5. Klix_Fraughn

Klix_Fraughn Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2005
    I heard that Deathstrike was coming back does anyone know if that is true and if so what powers would she have? Would she be like adamantium woman?

6. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I heard that Deathstrike was coming back does anyone know if that is true and if so what powers would she have? Would she be like adamantium woman?
    Perhaps it would be in Wolvie's flashbacks.

And I am very glad the Beast will be in it. But I don't know about Kelsey Grammar.

7. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, he does seem like rather a strange choice.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>does anyone know when it's due out?<<

Memorial day 2006.

9. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Kelsey Grammar? As Beast? Ehm...I dunno about that...I have a feeling X3 will suck, which is funny, because I felt it would be the best as of last year. When Singer left, I think the whole thing just because a typical comic book movie that will suck like the Fantastic Four will.

10. argentlife

argentlife Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I can actually see Kelsey Grammar as the Beast, well maybe not the body but the voice.

Oh the dry, intellectual voice.

Slab on some blue fur and a chiseled torso body suit ala Batman and yup I can see it.

11. Rogue9-Horn

Rogue9-Horn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Wow!

AwesomE!!!

I didn't even know they were still makin' it , thought it got shelved.

GREAT:D

~Rogue~

12. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    intersting...i wionder how much "fraiser" will be in beast

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    bump for the locked thread maker.

14. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    You know, he would make a great voice for Beast. The perfect one, really. Maybe he won't be so bad.

15. Brother_Bushforb

Brother_Bushforb Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    Thanks for the thread bump Quest. I knew there had to be an existing thread. I suppose next time I'll also try a manual search for about 10 pages before trusting the evil forum search function. :p

Now for my thoughts.

New person playing Shadowcat? I can handle that since two different actresses have already played the character in the films though the role was small enough perhaps not to notice.

Kelsey Grammer as Beast. Hmm. I can see the voice easily being Beast (that may be because of the early nineties cartoon show) but physically he is nothing like him. Also Kelsey may be too Frasier. People might just see Frasier and not Henry McCoy. It's a double edged sword. But maybe it can work.

Vinnie Jones to play Juggernaut. Now Vinnie isn't a huge man, but big enough. Obviously special effects will enhance him. We've seen him play psycho bullies before so I guess this could work. I wonder what the chemistry between Vinnie Jones and Patrick Stewart will be like. Strange combo.

I really hope Angel/Archangel makes an appearance. What a great character they have a chance to explore.

I kinda expect Avalanche and Blob to join the Brotherhood in this flick. To be Pyro's posse so to speak.

Perhaps some Sentinels wouldn't hurt? I know they can computer animate them. Master Mold and the Sentinels would make for a great complication to Magneto and the X-Men.

What I hope most of all though is for all the original actors to return.

James Marsden as Cyclops. Definetly to continue the Phoenix plot.

Halle Berry as Storm. I know everyone hates her but I prefer continuity. Perhaps they could introduce her claustrophobia. Have her get captured early so that we won't have to deal with her. Then have her befriend other mutants at the Sentinel guarded Mutant holding facility or something.

Anna Paquin as Rogue. Further her love story with Iceman. At this point, introducing Gambit into the story will do no good really. But maybe by now she's ready to graduate and wants something more.

Shawn Ashmore as Iceman. Basically the same as Rogue. I can see Rogue, Iceman, and someone else versus Pyro, Avalanche, and Blob.

Aaron Stanford as Pyro. Just furthering his evil mutant career with Magneto. Robbing government facilities and perhaps killing. Coming into conflict with Rogue and Iceman. Iceman vs Pyro. Great battle.

Daniel Cudmore as Colossus. Now his role was small in X2 but he did a decent job. Unlike Shadowcat, I think people will notice a significant change in casting. He doesn't have to do much in terms of the plot. But enough to be an X-Man.

Rebecca Romijn as Mystique. One of the coolest characters. Perhaps she could betray Magneto or something. Or make it appear as though she betrayed him. Maybe she's working for someone else now or just feeling guilty.

Bruce Davison as Senator Kelly. Of course as Mystique again. I loved how they brought him back for X2.

16. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It was just reported by AICN that Matthew Vaughn has left the film and will not be directing.

17. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Oh boy. If this is true than we can expect massive delays with this one.

18. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    They might as well not make it. Save everyone the money and the time.

19. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Werent there rumors that they were going to film 3 and 4 back to back ? Or am thinking of Spider-Man ?

20. Darth_Rogue

Darth_Rogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    I think I'm going to like Kelsey Grammer as Beast. The idea seemed bizarre at first but the more I think about it the more it seems to work for me. I can't wait to know who they're going to cast as Remy and Kitty and yay more Colosus and evil Pyro and Phoenix. This sounds so good, I hope I won't be dissapointed.

21. Obi-Kris_Kenobi

Obi-Kris_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=20349

Matthew Vaughn is out!

Oh, no, now let the endless rumors about the replacement begin...

22. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    So, do you think it will push back the shooting schedule and release date?

23. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    It seems like the general rule of thumb in Hollywood is that if you can find an excuse to push back shooting/production/release, then take it. This move will cause inevitable delays.

24. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Oh, yea, without question.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I get the impression fromAri's comments that they'll have the replacement annoucned shortly and will push ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.