main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

X-Men 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by THE_MISSING_TRIPLET, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    ......if this is all true, WHY did Fox have to be the ones to get X-Men?! Couldn't the franchise have been built elsewhere?! X-Men is my favorite Marvel franchise, and to see it absolutely go down in flames like this after such a promising kick-start in X2....just......god dammit.

2. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    *shakes fist at 20th century FOX*

3. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    All this X3 news is so bad it is almost funny. Almost.

4. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    It is a shame that Brian Singer left the production. At least he is with Superman, so comic fans generally should still be happy.

Will any of the plot elements of X-Men 3 affect the Wolverine spin off, and vice-versa?

5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    So Ben Foster is playing Angel and Ellen Page is playing Shadowcat from recent news. Cayden Boyd will play a younger version of Angel possibly. Also rumors are flying about Nicolette Sheridan from Desperate Housewives appearing in X3 as possibly Emma Frost or Callisto the Morlock.

Filming is still set to begin this month in Vancouver.

Brett Ratner is still set to direct it.

So far the only character not set to return is Nightcrawler for some reason beyond any of us. Which sucks because they spent so much time in X2 establishing his character which in turn took screen time away from others. *cough*Cyclops*cough*

6. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    From everything Ive read, Alan Cumming had a falling out with Bryan Singer so he basically quit, although that begs the question of why he wont work with Ratner.

As far as Shadowcat goes, I thought that Maggie Grace was confirmed for the role ?

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Professor Charles Xavier
    Wolverine
    Phoenix
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Beast
    Angel
    Shadowcat
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Jubilee
    and Gambit

Looks like we're one X-Man too many in the shooting script. I wonder which others are not appearing. I fear for Colossus.

I'd be willing to bet (without reading the script), that it'll end up like this:

Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, Iceman, Beast, and Shadowcat. I bet the others hardly get a nod.

8. jedi-mafia89

jedi-mafia89 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2003
    After reading the new edition of Wizard magazine I found out that Halle Berry will be returning as Storm and sadly Allan Cumming will not be returning as Nightcrawler. Phoenix shall be making an appearance and the story once again will focus upon Wolverine, and Storm as his love interest? Beast will be made mainly of CGI. Colossus as you know will be returning but another actor will be portraying him, due to no acting experience. They have not yet found an Archangel yet. Thats all I've seen now, If I've repeated what you guys have been saying I'm sorry. I didn't read past comments.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Darkhorizon's rundown of Marvel productions has Ben Foster as Angel.

10. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    I never really expected Nightcrawler to come back. It sucks majorly that Phoenix just kills Cyclops. Unless she resurrects him somehow later in the film, that will be terrible. They could have a whole story about Cyclops' family. And I guess this means no CAble, either. And I have a problem with Storm. She is really cool in the comic books and cartoon. But in the movies, she's just annoying. Storm is supposed to be an African immigrant, not some random black American. No african accent, no Storm is what I say. I'm also sad that Pyro won't be with Magneto, because Magneto needs an apprentice.

11. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    It's unfortunate that Cummings' Nightcrawler isn't returning, but as some have mentioned briefly before, his character did eat up a lot of screen time, and there are SO MANY mutants to explore.

As long as the script doesn't suck...

12. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Well, it kinda does, if the one I posted from AICN a few pages back is any indication...

13. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Yeah, but isn't AICN somewhat notorious for being unreliable?

14. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    VERY unreliable.

15. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Hey, I hope that theyre dead wrong. That script was absolutely godawful for the most part.

16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    That script that leaked online has since been proven to be an older draft. Not being used for the film. Sure a few elements will survive. But I'd say the Cyclops bit was canned.

But I still have a bad feeling about this one. X2 set the film up to be the greatest in a trilogy. But now it feels like it's going to be the worst.

17. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    At least the Cyclops thing is gone. I dont know what the hell they were thinking when they came up with that.

18. saberlord99

saberlord99 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 9, 2002
    Cyclops, though is a bit of stiff in the movies, still deserves more respect than what that spoiler suggests.

19. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    So new characters so far are Beast & Juggernaut? (And Phoenix)

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And Angel.

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Was Alan Cumming information in Paris Hilton's Sidekick? If not, someone get his e-mail address or phone number and we need to send him loving messages begging him to sign on. If he says no and gives us a legit reason, then let the hate mail begin!

22. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    CominSoon.net says that Cameron Bright has been cast for the role of the mutant called Leech. For those who don't Leech he's green and nullifies other mutant's powers when he's near them. Here's his bio page at MarvelDirectory.com.

23. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Well; I'm sorry but I've made up my mind about X-men 3 and Halle berry made the decision. Seems she has gotten on her soapbox again and gone into her "diva" bit again. It's funny; years ago before the first x-men; she said that there were no good parts for black actresses in hollywood and "i've been relegated to playing in a comic-book movie" Now after loads of money and 2 successful movies....and pretty much the only successful stuff she's been in (i'm not getting into Monster's ball..that's just too heated a debate) she is basically being set up as the leader or the team....or at very least she's getting top billing in the movie.

Cyclops has always been the leader of the team and he has been sooooo overlooked in the movies; partially by having the films focus on Wolverine as well; and Storm was always the second in command. You could Argue that Mardsen is a not an a-list actor but no one ever really gave him a chance. I'd be surprised that this movie even has Wolverine in it...

Cyclops in a reduced role (if he's in at all...his filming schedule of Superman Returns conflicted with the shooting schedule.) and Halle Berry's antics have turned me off.

check it out at superherohype.com

24. JenM512

JenM512 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Oh please--she's barely had a thing to do in the last 2 movies. I'd want a bigger part too if they wanted me to come back for a 3rd film.

25. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Well, when the series is called "Storm" she can have all the screen time she wants. (and let it turn into another Catwoman) The franchise is called X-men. It's about the team members and not everyone can be the focus of the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.