X-Men 3 starts prod. in June 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    just found this on coming soon....

Patrick Stewart Says X-Men 3 Starts in June!
    Source: Luthor Kain
    September 25, 2004

'Luthor Kain' sent in this awesome scoop from today's Q&A session with Patrick Stewart in Toronto:

Great news for X-Men fans! I was present for an "Intimate & Interactive" session with Patrick Stewart held this afternoon - September 25, 2004, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre at 4pm.

A fan asked Mr. Stewart about the status of X-Men 3. Mr. Stewart stated that X-Men 3 will go into production next June 2005 in Vancouver, however nobody knows which cast members will return since there is no script and director.

Well, at least the ball is rolling for X-Men 3 and hopefully a director will be named before the year ends. Thank you for your time!

Great news indeed, stay tuned for more news as it comes in!

-Mel
  2. dark_charlie Jedi Youngling

star 4
    greatest news ever.

thanxs dude, you made my day.
  3. Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master

star 4
    I want Singer. :(

And like that...he's gone.
  4. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
  5. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I hope that Joss Weadon signs on for this one. That would be cool.

Plus- Gambit...
  6. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I want Singer.
    same here. he made such great movies out of 1 and 2.

sign on as what??? director??? I hope not :mad:

-Mel
  7. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I was annoyed when Gray died . . . but everyone seems to say the flood waved over her in a phoenix shape. I only saw the movie once, so don't remember.
  8. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    sign on as what??? director??? I hope not

Why not? He's done a lot with it already.
  9. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I thought Singer always said how much he loved the movies and how he wanted to do 3, and THEN he'd leave.

What made himi leave the series at such a crucial stage? If X-Men 3 is a success, X-Men can take a spot as the greatest comic book movie series ever. But, since he's not doing it, I guess we're stuck with Spiderman...
  10. dark_charlie Jedi Youngling

star 4
    JEAN IS NOT DEAD

you see the shape of phoenix underwater in the end.
  11. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    " I thought Singer always said how much he loved the movies and how he wanted to do 3, and THEN he'd leave.

What made himi leave the series at such a crucial stage? If X-Men 3 is a success, X-Men can take a spot as the greatest comic book movie series ever. But, since he's not doing it, I guess we're stuck with Spiderman... "

Obviously you don't follow comic news. I'll gove you a hint.
    " You will believe a man can fly."
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>I was annoyed when Gray died . . . but everyone seems to say the flood waved over her in a phoenix shape. <<

It's actually more about the final shot the film, where you can just barely glimpse the shape of the Pheonix under the water.

>>What made himi leave the series at such a crucial stage? <<

He signed on for Superman at WB, so Fox kicked him and his production company out.
  13. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah that would have to be the definative hard choice. Do you stick it out with a new franchise that you've turned into a new superhero classic or do you try and take one of the definative, most iconic characters ever put to film (or on paper for that matter) and create a whole new experence for a whole new generation.

It does suck that Singer won't ride it out but hopefuly they get someone that follows the lines of what he was doing. I think Whedon is a good choice and there have been rumors about it but we'll have to wait.
  14. Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer

VIP
    star 4
    That final moment in X2...I swear, I could hear James Horner's end music from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan in my head, not whatever was playing. The homage was THAT perfect, everything that overblown parody in ST X: Nemesis was not. It was an all-time "I can't BELIEVE they had the guts to just do that" movie moment. (I'd read the novelization before seeing the film, and the comic adaptation, and there was no mention of Jean's sacrifice in either!)

Hmm. I wonder if Famke Jannsen would be interested in directing...? ;) (Hope nobody's gotten too attached to the Blackbird!)
  15. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I hope this movie keeps up with the other two.

And like Trilobite said, Gambit better be in it. ;) He was my favourite character in the cartoons. Sooo cool! :cool:

Any word on if the Gambit character has been cast for X3? :)
  16. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    From the imdb

Credited cast:
    Daniel Cudmore .... Colossus
    Alan Cumming .... Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
    Hugh Jackman .... Logan/Wolverine
    James Marsden .... Scott Summers/Cyclops
    Patrick Stewart .... Charles Xavier/Prof. X

17. JMZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Wasn't it Phoenix's reflection over the water and not under?

I can understand why Singer jumped onto the Superman bandwagon (from what I've heard, Jim Caviezel is Superman), but you'd think that after creating a new franchise that he really cares about, he'd stick with the first one, even as a producer, until it was at a point that he could trust it to someone else.

I'm hoping Gambit and Beast are in X-Men 3. I always thought they were so cool. I'm also hoping that Iceman and Pyro have a showdown, as they are obviously the polar opposites when it comes to powers. Also, please please give Rogue her flying abilities and find a good replacement for Halle Berry as Storm, since she's not coming back.
  18. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    IMDB is based on user submissions. I could write that Hayden would be playing Gambit in x3 and in 7-10 days they'd have it up. They've gotten better recently but they really aren't meant to be a source for movies that are still in production.

They are great if you want to know if guy #1 in movie A is the same as guy #2 in movie B but not so much to find out who is going to be in a movie that doesn't even have a director yet.
  19. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wasn't it Phoenix's reflection over the water and not under?
    wherever it was it WAS there. so she's not dead! :D
    that's all I need to know ;)

-Mel
  20. JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Great news. Now all they need to do is put Gambit in it. :cool:
  21. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    I am a fan of Singer, but he really did turn his back on X-Men fans and Marvel fans so he could do a remake of Superman. But then again I've always been huge on film continuity so maybe it just hurts more for me.

The original cast returning is my main concern though. That includes the miscast Halle Berry. Yes I know she is nothing like the Ororo we've known for 30 years, but I'd rather have her return and continue with her version of the character than some replacement that will obviously distract the audience during the movie wondering where Halle Berry went.

As for what should be in the film, I think we certainly need Beast, Gambit, and Angel. But I'm not sure how they would fit them in without shrinking the screen time of already established characters.

For villains I can see Avalanche and Blob joining the Brotherhood. Maybe Destiny. But I wouldn't mind seeing some Sentinels or Mastermold.

Juggernaut might be too complicated since he's Xaviers brother and is just an enormous human thus they wouldn't be able to get away with him as they could Beast since he'd be an animal.

I wouldn't mind an Apocalypse cameo myself. Like one of the humans creating the Sentinels turning out to be him and maybe Mystique betraying Magneto? Certainly possibilities for a fourth film.

But overall the story will need to focus on the Phoenix.
  22. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the rumors have it that Halle Berry doesnt want to come back. they even gave her more to do in the 2nd one cause she felt underused! :oops:

-Mel
  23. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    Then they should let her go instead of listening to her whine.
  24. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He signed on for Superman at WB, so Fox kicked him and his production company out.

Wow. That's lame. Give up the X-Men franchise for a long-dead and simplistic old, dead, comic book series? There's not really a way you can breathe new life into Superman like you can to X-Men. I think he's going to regret leaving X-Men, which gives him an opportunity to do something complex.
  25. DarthArsenal6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Are we ever gonna see Sentinals this time round ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.