X-Men 3 starts prod. in June 2005

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TheEmperorsProtege, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    No clue yet. Hopefully.
  2. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    werent they talking about inserting Sentinels soon - like in the next film???? thought I'd heard that somewhere...

just found this...

Simon Kinberg to Write X-Men 3!
    Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    October 1, 2004

20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios are moving forward with X-Men 3, hiring screenwriter Simon Kinberg to write the script, says The Hollywood Reporter. For the studio, Kinberg also wrote Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and did rewrites for Elektra and Fantastic Four.

Kinberg told the trade that the storyline is still being hammered out. "I'm a religious reader of the ('X-Men') comics, and I loved the first two movies," Kinberg said. "I had a great experience with Fox and Marvel on the other projects, and when they came to me and asked me if I had any interest in 'X3,' I was ecstatic. I grew up on them, and I love these comics, and it's exciting to take a whack at making the third the biggest and best in the trilogy; it's our 'Return of the King."'

The film's producers are targeting a Summer start and are starting to meet with directors to replace Bryan Singer, who helmed the first two "X-Men" movies. Deals have yet to be worked out for the actors to return, but they are all expected to reprise their roles.

Kinberg has also written XXX: State of the Union for Sony and is developing The Lost Years of Merlin for Dimension Films.

-Mel
  3. Pelranius Force Ghost

star 5
    Even money it'll involve the Sentinels in some way.
  4. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    X3 will be about Jean Grey as The Phoenix. But seriously what will it be called?

X3
    X3: ____________________
    X-Men 3
    X-Men: ___________________

There's so many possibilities. As long as it is out May 06. There should be no problems.
  5. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
  6. Soontir-Fel Force Ghost

star 5
    " Wow. That's lame. Give up the X-Men franchise for a long-dead and simplistic old, dead, comic book series? There's not really a way you can breathe new life into Superman like you can to X-Men. I think he's going to regret leaving X-Men, which gives him an opportunity to do something complex. "

Resist urge to maime.
  7. ExarKun74 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Here is to hoping that Gambit,Beast and the ArchAngel will be in it.

I'm looking forword to seeing if they will expand on Colosus role more.

I think Sabertooth will back in this and maybe a cameo of Apocalypse and Sinister.

8. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hope we get to see more Pyro and his relationship to Magneto as hinted at the end of X2.
  9. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    As I recall, the cacoon of the Phoenix was found underwater, so I imagine the bird shape is underwater not over it. Who knows though.

In another X-Men thread someone mentioned that Sentinels were intended to be in X2 but they would have been too expensive, so I imagine they will make it into X3 in some way.

Since it appears Colossus will see action I'd bet money that we will see the Fastball Special. :cool:

Somehow I don't see the Shi'ar making an appearance.
  10. Dagobah1234 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As long as it's got Logan/Wolverine kicking more ass, it'll draw big $$$.

[face_monkey]
  11. Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Master

star 4
    Exciting news!

I read that Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) has signed up.
    Famke Janssen has said many times that she'd love to do another X Men movie, and that she will fit her schedule around it.
    Halle Berry has also said that she'd like to do X3, but she wants a bigger part: she said she wanted to fight and fly.
    Ian McKellen has said to be back "if the script were any good". I guess that's a yes. ;)

As far as I know, there already IS a new director for X3, but I forgot his name.
  12. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Halle Berry has also said that she'd like to do X3, but she wants a bigger part: she said she wanted to fight and fly.

She needs a smaller part, not a bigger one. Same deal with Wolverine. The way they handled the first two, they could've renamed it "Wolverine and the other X-Men".

Cyclops need a bigger part, he was barely in X2. Collosus too obviously.
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    While I think Wolverine should have the same amount of screentime as he did in the first two films, they definitely need to give Cyclops some more screentime to compensate for his long absence in X2. And if they do Phoenix Saga, I can't see how they can not give him a larger role.

Collosus also needs more screentime, since he made so much of an impression in X2. Same goes for Pyro, who stole the show from all the supporting characters.
  14. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I agree that Cyclops needs more screen time. In the comics he was always a vital character and hell, he's the friggin leader. That alone should give him something important to do ! :p

And Im not crazy about Singer leaving the franchise, either, especially after how good X2 was. Hopefully they get someone who has an appreciation and respect for these films and characters and will contribute a worthy effort to the canon.
  15. Jedi knight Pozzi Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't read comics, so could someone explain this Gambit to me? Seems very popular on these boards. :)
  16. Nightowl TFN Timetales Writer

VIP
    star 4
    Remy "Gambit" LeBeau is a smooth-talking, trenchcoat-wearing mutant from the Big Easy (New Orleans). He looks totally human except for his eyes (jet black eyeballs, blood-red pupils). A master thief, his mutant power is to charge energy into whatever objects he holds (usually a pack of cards he always has on him) and fling them at enemies like grenades. He also uses an extendible bo like Donatello of the TMNT. Once he shows up in the movies, expect him to sweep Rogue off her feet (leaving Iceman in the dust), though he can't touch her any longer than anyone else can.
  17. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    That may or may not happen with Rogue, if only because the movies havent exactly gone by the established canon thus far.
  18. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    check this out

Famke Janssen Talks X-Men 3 here

-Mel
  19. Darth-Mampf Jedi Master

star 1
    The only thing I´m sure is that they won´t bring a story like weopen X (Wolverine in a parallel-universe), because it will be too difficult to understand the story for people who hadn´t read the comics...

but a story with the sentinels will be very cool...or something about apocalyps and sinister...
    An other possibility can be that Jeane will have her comeback as Dark pheonix...great thing...
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    I think they mean Weapon X the program (where Wolverine got the Adamantium, and from where Sabretooth knows him) not Weapon X the "Age of Apocalypse" alternate-universe comic series which was the "chnaged" name to the Wolverine series for that story arc.

I can see them touching on the Weapon X backstory a bit more if they bring back Deathstrike or Sabretooth, but they probably won't deal with it fully since they sorta did that already for much of X2 with Stryker.
  21. PMT99 Force Ghost

star 4
    Moleman-

I believe that the title for X-men 3 will be called....X3: The Pheonix Unleashed.
  22. Darth-Mampf Jedi Master

star 1
    another possibility can be: The last hope

,but with this title jean grey can´t be dark-pheonix, because she´ll be the last hope...or maybe there will come a new mutant...but who will that be???
  23. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I read that Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike) has signed up.

How would that work?
  24. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    X3 - Dark Phoenix would totally rock

and it would entail the story is about Jean! ;)

-Mel
  25. Fixer808 Jedi Knight

star 2
    It's not something he'd be likely to do, but Johnny Depp would probably make a good Gambit.

Or Chuck Norris! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.